The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > Chris Eccleston is Dr Who
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
philjit
Arch-Enemy of Idealism

Chris Eccleston is Dr Who

quote:

Shallow Grave actor Christopher Eccleston has been named as the new Doctor Who to front the cult BBC sci-fi show when it returns next year.

Eccleston, who starred alongside Nicole Kidman in the horror movie The Others, will be the ninth TV Time Lord to control the Tardis in a 13-part series.

BBC

Well ChipsJr?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-20-2004 05:13 AM
philjit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for philjit Click here to Send philjit a Private Message Find more posts by philjit Add philjit to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
missphinx
Edgy the Budgie

I'd watch him just for that nose. My god but that is a gorgeous nose.

Old Post 03-20-2004 05:23 AM
missphinx is offline Click Here to See the Profile for missphinx Click here to Send missphinx a Private Message Find more posts by missphinx Add missphinx to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paint CHiPs
Smartest Man in the World

He was great in Shallow Grave, Elizabeth, and even ExiztenZ.

Old Post 03-20-2004 05:48 AM
Paint CHiPs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paint CHiPs Click here to Send Paint CHiPs a Private Message Visit Paint CHiPs's homepage! Find more posts by Paint CHiPs Add Paint CHiPs to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHiPsJr
Ginger-headed Troll

Liked him in Shallow Grave.

I really, really liked the guy from Withnail and I as the Doctor in the (otherwise wretched) one-off thing they did in 1999. I have to think that Eccelston has a higher profile as an actor than most of his predecessors when they took the role. And I trust the development team not to crap all over the franchise.

What the hell, at this point I'd take Paul Rubens in the role as long as they start cranking out the episodes.

Old Post 03-20-2004 06:16 AM
CHiPsJr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHiPsJr Click here to Send CHiPsJr a Private Message Find more posts by CHiPsJr Add CHiPsJr to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nYmpHo_eNvy
*poof*

I can't think of anything I've seen him in that I haven't enjoyed him in ... even 28 days later ... *sigh*

Old Post 03-20-2004 05:08 PM
nYmpHo_eNvy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nYmpHo_eNvy Click here to Send nYmpHo_eNvy a Private Message Find more posts by nYmpHo_eNvy Add nYmpHo_eNvy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
squee
the amen break

But who's going to play Lister in the Red Dwarf remakes? That's what I'd like to know.

Old Post 03-20-2004 05:39 PM
squee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for squee Click here to Send squee a Private Message Find more posts by squee Add squee to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nYmpHo_eNvy
*poof*

smeghead!

Old Post 03-20-2004 05:50 PM
nYmpHo_eNvy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nYmpHo_eNvy Click here to Send nYmpHo_eNvy a Private Message Find more posts by nYmpHo_eNvy Add nYmpHo_eNvy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ponyslayer
pissing in the gene pool

I thought Eddie Izzard was gonna be the new Dr. Who....or was that just a rumor?

Old Post 03-20-2004 07:28 PM
ponyslayer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ponyslayer Click here to Send ponyslayer a Private Message Visit ponyslayer's homepage! Find more posts by ponyslayer Add ponyslayer to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paint CHiPs
Smartest Man in the World

That's what I thought too.

Old Post 03-20-2004 10:28 PM
Paint CHiPs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paint CHiPs Click here to Send Paint CHiPs a Private Message Visit Paint CHiPs's homepage! Find more posts by Paint CHiPs Add Paint CHiPs to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fumble
Making plans for Nigel

There's still life left in Tom Baker. They should bring him back. Pretend the Davidson/ Mcoy/ Baker years never happened then hand over to Eddie Izzard.

Old Post 03-20-2004 11:27 PM
fumble is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fumble Click here to Send fumble a Private Message Find more posts by fumble Add fumble to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
funkyrooster
King Leer

Eccleston is awesome. Especially when he played Iago in a modernisation of Othello a few years back. Phenomenal actor.

Old Post 03-21-2004 12:07 AM
funkyrooster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for funkyrooster Click here to Send funkyrooster a Private Message Find more posts by funkyrooster Add funkyrooster to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
euphorbia
caustic milk - hybrid

man some of you guys get really involved in this crap eh?

I was a fan of dr who when i was young, ill be fucked if i know the name of the actor...some wierd looking guy with a fro.

Old Post 03-21-2004 12:48 AM
euphorbia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for euphorbia Click here to Send euphorbia a Private Message Visit euphorbia's homepage! Find more posts by euphorbia Add euphorbia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
funkyrooster
King Leer

I don't like Dr Who

But as actors go, Chris Eccleston is right up there with the best of them

Old Post 03-21-2004 12:54 AM
funkyrooster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for funkyrooster Click here to Send funkyrooster a Private Message Find more posts by funkyrooster Add funkyrooster to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
euphorbia
caustic milk - hybrid

quote:
Originally posted by funkyrooster
snip

on a side note, I have a client who looks a lot like you. I told his wife I was going to email her your picture (from the photo album).
I know you guys hate when us Americans say this but he is an Italian American (his grandparents came over from Italy, they have and have passed along their Italian traditions ect), you’re much more built than him but have very similar facial features.
He is a young pilot who just started their family, very wholesome folk...aside from that any time he is around I think of jooo!

Old Post 03-21-2004 01:05 AM
euphorbia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for euphorbia Click here to Send euphorbia a Private Message Visit euphorbia's homepage! Find more posts by euphorbia Add euphorbia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hawley Prime
³

Old Post 03-21-2004 01:08 AM
Hawley Prime is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hawley Prime Click here to Send Hawley Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Hawley Prime Add Hawley Prime to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
euphorbia
caustic milk - hybrid

youre not the boss of me.

Old Post 03-21-2004 01:10 AM
Hawley Prime
³

yet

Old Post 03-21-2004 01:11 AM
Hawley Prime is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hawley Prime Click here to Send Hawley Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Hawley Prime Add Hawley Prime to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHiPsJr
Ginger-headed Troll

quote:
Originally posted by euphorbia
man some of you guys get really involved in this crap eh?

I was a fan of dr who when i was young, ill be fucked if i know the name of the actor...some wierd looking guy with a fro.

Tom Baker. He was the Doc when the episodes first started showing on American public TV, and his face will always be the one most Americans think of when Doctor Who is mentioned.

Also, from the American perspective, Tom Baker is the only one of the first seven who's had much of a career outside the role (Traughton's work in The Exorcist nonwithstanding).

Old Post 03-21-2004 04:01 AM
CHiPsJr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHiPsJr Click here to Send CHiPsJr a Private Message Find more posts by CHiPsJr Add CHiPsJr to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
philjit
Arch-Enemy of Idealism

quote:
Originally posted by squee
But who's going to play Lister in the Red Dwarf remakes? That's what I'd like to know.

remakes? No. Please please dp not tell me that some yank producers are going to try and remake Red Dwarf with yank actors? Did you see the US pilot? It was shite. Remaking Red Dwarf would be sacrilege

Old Post 03-21-2004 07:54 AM
philjit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for philjit Click here to Send philjit a Private Message Find more posts by philjit Add philjit to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

Anything yank producers produce is shite. They should all yank themselves right out of the business, those yankee wankers!

Old Post 03-21-2004 07:58 AM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SubSonic
You Chat Bubbles!

quote:
Originally posted by fumble
There's still life left in Tom Baker. They should bring him back. Pretend the Davidson/ Mcoy/ Baker years never happened then hand over to Eddie Izzard.

What like a walking out of the shower type scene as if it had all been a bad dream?
Hmmm sounds somehow familiar Bobby!!

Old Post 03-21-2004 08:01 AM
SubSonic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SubSonic Click here to Send SubSonic a Private Message Visit SubSonic's homepage! Find more posts by SubSonic Add SubSonic to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
philjit
Arch-Enemy of Idealism

quote:
Originally posted by GoFuckYourselves!
Anything yank producers produce is shite.

i wouldn't agree with that. When yank producers make shows from scratch they are not always bad. But there have been pretty much zero American remakes of British comedies that have been successful... the last I can think of would be "Till Death Us Do Part".

Old Post 03-21-2004 08:42 AM
funkyrooster
King Leer

quote:
Originally posted by euphorbia
on a side note, I have a client who looks a lot like you.

Lucky guy. He's bound to go far.

quote:
I told his wife I was going to email her your picture (from the photo album). [/B]

Careful. She might want two of us for the price of one

quote:
aside from that any time he is around I think of jooo! [/B]

That can only be a good thing, my dear.

Old Post 03-21-2004 01:12 PM
euphorbia
caustic milk - hybrid

quote:
Originally posted by philjit
No. Please please dp not tell me that some yank producers ... yank actors?

You are such a fucking spaz sometimes.

Old Post 03-21-2004 01:35 PM
philjit
Arch-Enemy of Idealism

why?

honestly, remaking it will be wrong wrong wrong.

Old Post 03-21-2004 01:45 PM