The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Sensory Overload > Hotel California
fight!
Gipsy kings
The eagles
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Hawley Prime
³

Hotel California

a few days ago my brother and i got bored and we ended up talking about music...so to make long story short

which version of the song hotel california is better

The Eagles version

or

The Gipsy Kings version

i personally am leaning towards the Gipsy kings version..it just sounds more fun and not nearly as depressing

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-26-2004 10:28 PM
Hawley Prime is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hawley Prime Click here to Send Hawley Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Hawley Prime Add Hawley Prime to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goatboy
the anticlimax

Hook me up with a Gypsy Kings version and I'll promise to delete it within 24 hours.

Last edited by Goatboy on 03-26-2004 at 11:10 PM

Old Post 03-26-2004 10:45 PM
Goatboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goatboy Click here to Send Goatboy a Private Message Find more posts by Goatboy Add Goatboy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hawley Prime
³

now remember....only 24 hours

Old Post 03-26-2004 10:57 PM
Hawley Prime is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hawley Prime Click here to Send Hawley Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Hawley Prime Add Hawley Prime to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ItsJustLogan
le pour soi

there's something about don henly that gets me all wet

Old Post 03-26-2004 11:55 PM
ItsJustLogan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ItsJustLogan Click here to Send ItsJustLogan a Private Message Find more posts by ItsJustLogan Add ItsJustLogan to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paint CHiPs
Smartest Man in the World

I prefer the Gypsy Kings version, but that's probably because I've heard the Eagles one so many damn times.

Old Post 03-27-2004 01:58 AM
Paint CHiPs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paint CHiPs Click here to Send Paint CHiPs a Private Message Visit Paint CHiPs's homepage! Find more posts by Paint CHiPs Add Paint CHiPs to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite
wallet.dat is where it at

I go for A3 or Real Big Fish.

Old Post 03-28-2004 06:10 AM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SubSonic
You Chat Bubbles!

I have only heard the spanish version by the kings, is there an english one?
It was up tempo and I liked it, however the original has to be the vote grabber... I like to drive to it as it cuts down my road rage attacks!

Old Post 03-28-2004 07:45 AM
SubSonic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SubSonic Click here to Send SubSonic a Private Message Visit SubSonic's homepage! Find more posts by SubSonic Add SubSonic to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cockney_Rebel
Scarred for Life

I'd have to go with the Eagles..

Old Post 03-28-2004 11:47 AM
Cockney_Rebel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cockney_Rebel Click here to Send Cockney_Rebel a Private Message Find more posts by Cockney_Rebel Add Cockney_Rebel to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

I don't get how anyone can like that song.It's so fucking gay.

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 03-28-2004 06:52 PM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

Is there a real "Hotel California"? Where is it? Are the rooms clean?

Old Post 03-28-2004 07:31 PM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hawley Prime
³

quote:
Originally posted by Large Filipino
I don't get how anyone can like that song.It's so fucking gay.

u r

Old Post 03-28-2004 08:19 PM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

quote:
Originally posted by Hawley Prime
u r

Listen to the words,Your in fucking kalli,A man is singing welcome to you.That's fucking gay,dude.

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 03-28-2004 08:23 PM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SubSonic
You Chat Bubbles!

Errrr theres a woman standing in the door way Moron!
You just entered the muppet zone!

Old Post 03-29-2004 05:40 AM
SubSonic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SubSonic Click here to Send SubSonic a Private Message Visit SubSonic's homepage! Find more posts by SubSonic Add SubSonic to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vegas
15 = micropenis

I am surprised the Eagles are whooping the Gypsy Kings. The original version is about as powerful as "Copa Cobana" by Barry Manilow.

Your whole "I dress like an office drone and act respectable and then sit on forum where we discuss urethra fucking and public torture" bit still creeps me out. I bet it would creep out your co-workers even more.

-m

Old Post 03-29-2004 03:35 PM
Vegas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas Click here to Send Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Vegas Add Vegas to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

quote:
Originally posted by SubSonic
Errrr theres a woman standing in the door way Moron!
You just entered the muppet zone!

She's a lesbian.

Attachment: lesbian.jpg
This has been downloaded 90 time(s).

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 03-30-2004 12:33 AM
SubSonic
You Chat Bubbles!

and your point is?
Their good got the soul damit!

Old Post 03-30-2004 05:40 AM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

quote:
Originally posted by SubSonic
and your point is?
Their good got the soul damit!

The song is G A Y .

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 03-30-2004 12:08 PM
SubSonic
You Chat Bubbles!

You are G A Y!

Old Post 03-30-2004 04:47 PM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

I know you are but what am I?

Attachment: 10030931.jpg
This has been downloaded 68 time(s).

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 03-31-2004 01:01 AM
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

Some things you do not remake. The film Psycho was one, The Eagles' Hotel California is another. Next?

Old Post 03-31-2004 01:10 AM
Trenchant_Troll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trenchant_Troll Click here to Send Trenchant_Troll a Private Message Find more posts by Trenchant_Troll Add Trenchant_Troll to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite
wallet.dat is where it at

Erm.

I'd have to say that A3 did "Hotel California" better than the Eagles.

Perhaps it's my hatred for the Eagles speaking, though.

Old Post 03-31-2004 07:20 AM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

That's how it is anymore.There are countless remakes out there.Like the Dixie Chicks although made a good sound,still should have left (ahh mental block) that Fleetwood Mac song alone.

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 03-31-2004 12:42 PM
Weasel Spoor
"The Man"

And where is 'they're both rubbish' option?

Old Post 03-31-2004 01:20 PM
Weasel Spoor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Weasel Spoor Click here to Send Weasel Spoor a Private Message Find more posts by Weasel Spoor Add Weasel Spoor to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mugtoe
Scarred for Life

from Dr. Popeye-X in July 1999:

quote:

I love that old song, "I wanna Spread Like An Eagle...", but my favorite band to spread is... who else? The Eagles, I'd like to spread them out on a piece of bread, like an open shit-faced sandwich, then drop a grizzly bear butt anvil on top of them, just to spread those Eagles even flatter than that paper thin, weak-ass fecal clone of yesterday's nothing they seem to spew out. I absolutely despise the Eagles, so spread the word! Life In The Ranch Lane.... but please, go on and write all the unsavory anecdotes you want, lead us all down the crooked path of bad memory lane, but please, whatever you do, don't ever put a Sound Blaster midifile of Hotel California in the background of your pages... that would spread a little too much Eagle, it would pollute the literary aquifer that runs under the surface of your ranch, and out thru the drainage ditch of my brain.

OldZeb responds:

quote:

I'd like to pin Don Henley's head under a truck tire and watch it pop like a ripe pimple. That saccharine fuck wouldn't know an original thought if it crawled up his ass and ate yesterdays organic lunch.

Huffing with Don Henley

I really can't stand Don Henley.

Old Post 03-31-2004 02:54 PM
Mugtoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mugtoe Click here to Send Mugtoe a Private Message Find more posts by Mugtoe Add Mugtoe to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Weasel Spoor
"The Man"

quote:
Originally posted by Goatboy
Hook me up with a Gypsy Kings version and I'll promise to delete it within 24 hours.

You just make sure you do.

Old Post 03-31-2004 03:00 PM
Weasel Spoor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Weasel Spoor Click here to Send Weasel Spoor a Private Message Find more posts by Weasel Spoor Add Weasel Spoor to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote