The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > JEB Stuart
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
FeFe_Roissy
Agent007

JEB Stuart

JEB.........Sorry I didn't get the opportunity to know you while I was over here, you seem like a nice man. You were the only person to welcome me here and it shows me that you have a lot of class and good breeding. It is unfortunate that you have to go through so many bad members to get to the good ones. Maybe some other time.

xoxoxoxoxoFeFexoxoxoxoxoxo

You and SlaveBoi are my favs!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-28-2004 08:11 AM
FeFe_Roissy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FeFe_Roissy Click here to Send FeFe_Roissy a Private Message Find more posts by FeFe_Roissy Add FeFe_Roissy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tack
jackaroo

delete this thread ! we have PMs for this. ABUSE.

Old Post 04-28-2004 08:13 AM
tack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tack Click here to Send tack a Private Message Find more posts by tack Add tack to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flocat
PINKO

really doubt it's going to happen...but i can hope, i guess. or, i can just go with the apathy button. yep. why'd i post this if i don't care? post count+1. WOO!

Old Post 04-28-2004 08:16 AM
flocat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flocat Click here to Send flocat a Private Message Visit flocat's homepage! Find more posts by flocat Add flocat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mudded
+/-?

FeFe is leaving?

*shock, horror*

Old Post 04-28-2004 08:16 AM
mudded is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mudded Click here to Send mudded a Private Message Visit mudded's homepage! Find more posts by mudded Add mudded to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ignatz mouse
gone with the wind

hey mudded, what's non-malthusian misery?

Old Post 04-28-2004 08:37 AM
ignatz mouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ignatz mouse Click here to Send ignatz mouse a Private Message Find more posts by ignatz mouse Add ignatz mouse to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nutrimentia
plata o plomo

JEB a man of class and good breeding? If you mean low class and quality in-breeding, I'd agree wholeheartedly.

Old Post 04-28-2004 08:40 AM
Nutrimentia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nutrimentia Click here to Send Nutrimentia a Private Message Visit Nutrimentia's homepage! Find more posts by Nutrimentia Add Nutrimentia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mudded
+/-?

quote:
Originally posted by ignatz mouse
hey mudded, what's non-malthusian misery?

it is all the kinds of misery not covered by malthus' use of the concept.

In a nutshell...Malthus investigated the ratios of the increase of population and food. Malthus was concerned with examining what he deemed the greatest influence on the process of human improvement, namely “the constant tendency in all animated life to increase beyond the nourishment prepared for it.
Malthus set up a synthetic interaction model, where population growth is unconstrained, and food production is at maximum capacity. Given sufficient resources, human populations can grow exponentially, whereas increasing output of food production can happen only at a much slower rate. For the sake of argument, Malthus assumes an unrealistically optimistic level of food production increase, that of linear growth, thereby ignoring the obvious density-dependent constraints that characterizes reality on the ground. The differences in these two ratios are obvious. The exponential population growth will quickly exceed the maximum growth of food production, leaving the population numbers far above the means of subsistence.
Malthus distinguishes between ultimate and proximate causes of population regulation:
The ultimate cause is the aforementioned shortage of food, caused by the different ratios of increase for population growth and the increasing output of food production.
This ultimate check on population only works directly in cases of famine. At all other times it works through a number of proximate causes which malthus describes thus:
“The immediate check may be stated to consist of all those customs, and all those diseases, which seem to be generated by a scarcity of the means of subsistence; and all those causes, independent of this scarcity, whether of a moral or physical nature, which tend prematurely to weaken and destroy the human frame”
Malthus distinguishes between positive checks, working through “misery” (increased mortality), i.e. infectious disease, famine and malnutrition, and preventive checks (decreased fertility), i.e. age of marriage, extramarital abstinence, contraception, abortion, prostitution etc. Misery would primarily affect the least privileged members of society. The poor would have to cope with feeding more mouths with the same amount of food, and the farmers would have to work progressively harder to keep up, their advances granting only a temporary respite from the food shortage, as the extra food would stimulate higher birth rates as the means of subsistence increase.

All other forms of misery are self-imposed... mental constructs that can be transcended through awareness and hippy-esque, frolicking kitten - type lifestyles.

Cheers

Old Post 04-28-2004 08:46 AM
mudded is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mudded Click here to Send mudded a Private Message Visit mudded's homepage! Find more posts by mudded Add mudded to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hawley Prime
³

quote:
Originally posted by mudded
FeFe is leaving?

*shock, horror*

again?

Old Post 04-28-2004 08:48 AM
Hawley Prime is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hawley Prime Click here to Send Hawley Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Hawley Prime Add Hawley Prime to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ignatz mouse
gone with the wind

thanks for the explanation mudded. I figured it had something to do with overpopulation (I don't think it's possible to take college level economics without touching on malthus), but that was about as far as this pea-mouse-brain got. cheers right back atcha.

Old Post 04-28-2004 08:56 AM
ignatz mouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ignatz mouse Click here to Send ignatz mouse a Private Message Find more posts by ignatz mouse Add ignatz mouse to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mudded
+/-?

Malthus is the foundation of all evolutionary science... and a constant thorn in the side of Utopians that believe that all the plights of humanity can be solved through social engineering.

Cheers

Old Post 04-28-2004 08:58 AM
wonderaz
Sarky Bastard

The mouse and mudded gave meaning to this thread.

Old Post 04-28-2004 12:51 PM
wonderaz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wonderaz Click here to Send wonderaz a Private Message Visit wonderaz's homepage! Find more posts by wonderaz Add wonderaz to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wonderaz
Sarky Bastard

If we all turned into cartoon characters, her favorites would be Brer Bear and Spongebob.

Old Post 04-28-2004 12:57 PM
wonderaz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wonderaz Click here to Send wonderaz a Private Message Visit wonderaz's homepage! Find more posts by wonderaz Add wonderaz to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mmmtravis
stealthy ninja

quote:
Originally posted by Nutrimentia
JEB a man of class and good breeding? If you mean low class and quality in-breeding, I'd agree wholeheartedly.

Considering the familiarity brothers have with their sisters, it comes as no surprise that a pair of siblings were able to breed so well.

Old Post 04-28-2004 01:18 PM
mmmtravis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mmmtravis Click here to Send mmmtravis a Private Message Visit mmmtravis's homepage! Find more posts by mmmtravis Add mmmtravis to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mugtoe
Scarred for Life

What about Tal? Tal never said anything mean to FeFe. Tal could think of somethin nice to say about damn near anyone.

Old Post 04-28-2004 01:55 PM
Mugtoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mugtoe Click here to Send Mugtoe a Private Message Find more posts by Mugtoe Add Mugtoe to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ignatz mouse
gone with the wind

has FeFe left yet? I hear a poodle barking somewhere, but I'm hoping it's just a poodle.

Old Post 04-28-2004 06:14 PM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Nutrimentia

Heh. When ol' JEB's gone, th'mice will play.

Good breeding? In-breeding? I submit, my friend, regardless of whether it's good, bad, in, out . . . it's all ultimately about breeding. My sacred mission here at Asylumnation has been, and remains, mostly 'bout gittin' the Cheesemeister 'n' GoFuYo bred before Paintipoo seduces 'n corrupts their fragile psyches 'n' tender behinds.

One down, one t'go.

Amen.

p.s. Thank ya, FeFe. O' course, like th'song goes, "How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?" They miss ever'buddy, 'til they come back, which they generally do more often than not.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Old Post 04-28-2004 06:14 PM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MrBig
Pet My Peacock

quote:
Originally posted by mudded
FeFe is leaving?

*shock, horror*

Again.

*shock, horror, bated breath*

What kind of dumb ass do you hhave to be to keep setting yourself up like this?

Old Post 04-28-2004 07:03 PM
MrBig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MrBig Click here to Send MrBig a Private Message Find more posts by MrBig Add MrBig to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skalie
Locksmith of Lurve

Reminds me of a John Belushi sketch "The thing that wouldn't leave"

"Mind if I make some international phonecalls?"

Old Post 04-28-2004 07:34 PM
skalie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skalie Click here to Send skalie a Private Message Find more posts by skalie Add skalie to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bunkum
Sanditon

Please JEB ... do not encourage a sequel to all of this! Love you madly, but yer temptin' bad stuff here.

--pervscan.com

Old Post 04-29-2004 02:14 AM
bunkum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bunkum Click here to Send bunkum a Private Message Find more posts by bunkum Add bunkum to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rokkr
Completely Wack

I think most of you secretly love FeFe.
After all, boys are usually mean to the girls they secretly like.

Old Post 04-29-2004 02:55 AM
Rokkr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rokkr Click here to Send Rokkr a Private Message Find more posts by Rokkr Add Rokkr to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
missphinx
Edgy the Budgie

I think Rokkr's looking for a bullet between the eyes.

Old Post 04-29-2004 02:58 AM
missphinx is offline Click Here to See the Profile for missphinx Click here to Send missphinx a Private Message Find more posts by missphinx Add missphinx to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zim
-

misssphinx and rokkr. there's a combination.

Last edited by CHiPsJr on 11-09-2006 at 08:23 AM

Old Post 04-29-2004 04:22 AM
zim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zim Click here to Send zim a Private Message Find more posts by zim Add zim to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by bunkum
Please JEB ... do not encourage a sequel to all of this! Love you madly, but yer temptin' bad stuff here.

Meet me out back after midnight by the ol' tire swing 'n' we'll "negotiate". Wear them pink panties 'n' be sure 'n' brang th'lube--we don't want any hollerin' 'n' howlin' this time.

Y'hear?

Oh. Don't fergit th'Dickel, either. That jackass has me kinda tapped out. Ag'in.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Old Post 04-29-2004 05:35 AM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote