The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > WIT - Whore Institute of Technology > macker - please help
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
King Jensen
Daret Gane

macker - please help

macker, please help if you can.

I know there's a legal issue, but I will be the one doing it, and I really really want this documentary as I am not able to watch danish tv here in Texas as they are not broadcasting to satellites.

Here's what I've done so far:

I've used SDP MMS downloader to create the file MARY.WMV.

The URL I typed in was (watch for linewrap):

*edit*

This went fine, saved a one hour file.

However, when I try to play it, it tells me that it's either corrupt or an invalid filetype.

:-(

If I try to open it from my Roxio DVD Builder, it doesn't want to recognize it either.

:-(

I only had one lucky incident with this new created wmv file, and that was after I copied it to a web server, I was able to play it with an older version of Windows Media Player, so my guess is that there's some kind of protection in the MMS stream that tells the newer players to fail playing it if not broadcasted from a specific server (Windows Media Player 9.0 SDK Server).

Any good tips - are you able to create a "GOOD" file to be replayed using the above link?

Thanks in advance.

<i>I'm going to play it safe and remove your link. Feel free to PM macker with the details.</i>

Last edited by SocialParasite on 05-18-2004 at 05:42 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-17-2004 10:03 PM
King Jensen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for King Jensen Find more posts by King Jensen Add King Jensen to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
macker
Holy Me-el

Can't really help you much. You might want to try downloading the full WMV9 suite and running the wmv though the editor you get.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/wi...er/default.aspx

Old Post 05-18-2004 10:00 AM
macker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for macker Click here to Send macker a Private Message Visit macker's homepage! Find more posts by macker Add macker to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
King Jensen
Daret Gane

Okay thanks.

I've been in contact with SDP and they've recommended me to try and download it again using HTTP protocol instead, which I'm currently doing.

Old Post 05-18-2004 01:40 PM
King Jensen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for King Jensen Find more posts by King Jensen Add King Jensen to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
King Jensen
Daret Gane

SDP had the same problem even on their new unreleased beta version. They are trying to figure out what's going on.

Old Post 05-24-2004 05:02 PM