The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > DC this weekend anyone?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Vyper
Psychodynamic

DC this weekend anyone?

I think I may head up to DC this weekend with the munchkin. There's lots of stuff up there that I keep wanting to do while I'm there, I just always run out of time.

Some of the things I plan on doing/seeing while there:

Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
National Air & Space Museum
Tour the J Edgar Hoover FBI Building
Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
The National Cathedral
Possibly See Mount Vernon if there's time
Potomac Mills Outlet Mall for shopping
Along with a variety of places that I've been told are great places to eat

I'll probably drive up friday and come back sunday evening. Again, I'll have Madison with me, so it's not going to be a "pissup" type weekend, just a "see all the stuff that I never get to because of the pissups" type weekend.

Anyone interested in meeting up and doing any of those things, or any other interesting things that you could suggest, is welcome. PM me and I'll give you contact info.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-21-2004 03:55 PM
Vyper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vyper Click here to Send Vyper a Private Message Find more posts by Vyper Add Vyper to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
philjit
Arch-Enemy of Idealism

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier --- 2 minute visit is all that is required.

Munchkin: What's this?
Vyper: It's a tomb.
Munchkin: Whose tomb?
Vyper: No one knows.
Mucnhkin: oh.

All done.

Old Post 07-21-2004 04:04 PM
philjit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for philjit Click here to Send philjit a Private Message Find more posts by philjit Add philjit to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sabine
Other

I can probably join you.

Old Post 07-21-2004 04:16 PM
Sabine is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sabine Click here to Send Sabine a Private Message Find more posts by Sabine Add Sabine to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vyper
Psychodynamic

cool, and yeah, phil I expect that some of those things will not be all that thrilling for Madison, but I will bring along plenty for her to do. And if Sabine joins me, then she and Matty can keep each other busy, they got along wonderfully last time we were up there.

I'm checking prices on a hotel now. I'll probably end up staying outside the city, maybe Tyson's Corner, or Chantilly if you'll be coming along Dawn. Although I've seen some pretty good deals on rooms around the Dupont Circle area too. That would be a good central location anyways for the places that I want to go.

Old Post 07-21-2004 10:47 PM
Vyper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vyper Click here to Send Vyper a Private Message Find more posts by Vyper Add Vyper to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote