The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Polėticās der Mondé > Elizabeth Edwards diagnosed with breast cancer
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
barbie_c73
hyper contradiction

Elizabeth Edwards diagnosed with breast cancer

Elizabeth Edwards diagnosed with breast cancer

Last Updated Thu, 04 Nov 2004 14:11:36 EST
BOSTON - The wife of Democratic vice-presidential candidate John Edwards was diagnosed with breast cancer on Wednesday, the same day the John Kerry campaign conceded it had lost its bid for the White House.

Elizabeth Edwards, 55, has invasive ductal cancer, said spokesperson David Ginsberg. It's the most common type of breast cancer.

"Elizabeth is as strong a person as I've ever known," John Edwards said in a statement. "Together, our family will beat this."

She found a lump in her right breast while on a campaign trip last week, but did not want to take time out from political appearances until after election day, which was Tuesday.

A Boston doctor did a needle biopsy on the lump on Wednesday and he confirmed the presence of cancer.

Ginsberg said more tests will be needed to determine the extent of the problem and plot a course of treatment.

Elizabeth and John Edwards have a three-year-old son, a five-year-old daughter, and a daughter who recently graduated from Princeton University. The couple's oldest son, Wade, died in a car accident in 1996.

Shitty deal

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-04-2004 07:21 PM
barbie_c73 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barbie_c73 Click here to Send barbie_c73 a Private Message Find more posts by barbie_c73 Add barbie_c73 to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lucidnightmare
Pro Snowflake

That's horrible. I heard that a few minutes ago .

Old Post 11-04-2004 07:36 PM
lucidnightmare is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lucidnightmare Click here to Send lucidnightmare a Private Message Find more posts by lucidnightmare Add lucidnightmare to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paint CHiPs
Smartest Man in the World

Man, that's gotta be rough.

Old Post 11-04-2004 07:38 PM
Paint CHiPs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paint CHiPs Click here to Send Paint CHiPs a Private Message Visit Paint CHiPs's homepage! Find more posts by Paint CHiPs Add Paint CHiPs to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smug Git
Arrogance Personified

Having kids so late (they avoided talking much about for fear of sparking off a religious debate) probably didn't help. Real shame, though.

Old Post 11-04-2004 07:42 PM
Smug Git is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smug Git Click here to Send Smug Git a Private Message Find more posts by Smug Git Add Smug Git to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote