The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > What is the world coming to: Dimebag Darrell shot and killed during a show
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Nutrimentia
plata o plomo

What is the world coming to: Dimebag Darrell shot and killed during a show

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.html

quote:
At Least 5 Dead, 2 Wounded In Nightclub Shooting

Witnesses: Alleged Gunman Went Onto Stage, Fired Shots

POSTED: 10:32 pm EST December 8, 2004
UPDATED: 2:27 am EST December 9, 2004
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- At least five people died and two others were wounded after a shooting at a Columbus nightclub on Wednesday night, NBC 4 reported.

Nightclub Shooting

The shooting took place shortly after 10 p.m. at Alrosa Villa, located at 5055 Sinclair Rd.

Two members of the heavy metal band Damageplan were reportedly shot and killed, including Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band Pantera, NBC 4's David Wayne reported. The other band member's name was not released. The alleged gunman also died at the scene, Wayne reported.

Shortly after the band began playing its first song, a man reportedly ran onto the stage and began shooting, according to a witness who identified himself as Sean. Some members of the audience reportedly thought the man running onto the stage with a gun was part of the band's act, NBC 4's Erin Tate reported.

Witnesses said that several shots were fired at the band before a bouncer tackled the gunman before he was shot and killed.

Columbus police Sgt. Brent Mull said the shooter appeared to be targeting the band members. After opening fire on the stage, the gunman turned on the crowd. At that point, an officer shot the man dead, Mall added. Police said there could have been many more fatalities had the officer not killed the gunman.

NBC 4 reported that of the surviving victims, one person was in critical condition while the other was in fair condition. Several others were treated at the scene, suffering from various injuries.

Alrosa Villa is a popular north Columbus nightspot for young adults, featuring rock and heavy metal bands, NBC 4 reported.

According to the band's Web site, Damageplan was touring nationally. It performed in Buffalo, N.Y., on Tuesday night and had a concert scheduled in Flint, Mich., on Thursday.

Damageplan featured former Pantera artists Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul. The pair were joined by vocalist Patrick Lachman and bassist Bobzilla, according to their Web site.

What. The. Fuck.

Pantera was one of my greatest bands back when I was a bit of metalhead. He was just a cool guy who made great music and now some fuckstick kills him in the middle of a show.

I'm in shock. This is worse for me than when Jerry died (and yes, I'm fully aware that Dimebag was no Jerry). I'm just saying this really really sucks.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-09-2004 08:32 AM
Nutrimentia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nutrimentia Click here to Send Nutrimentia a Private Message Visit Nutrimentia's homepage! Find more posts by Nutrimentia Add Nutrimentia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
towrofstgh
Yeah, I'm LF's Brother!

There's nothing to do now but to mourn those people who lost their lives @ that show. The motherfucker got his ass killed, so there's no where left to go there...it's really upsetting me to see that shit like that still happens in the world today. It does and I'm a realist about it (ex: suicide bombings). Just some looney fucking shit!

The only reason why LF looks half-way cool in this picture is because our Mom and I are in it! Ha Ha Ha!!!

Old Post 12-09-2004 08:47 AM
towrofstgh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for towrofstgh Click here to Send towrofstgh a Private Message Visit towrofstgh's homepage! Find more posts by towrofstgh Add towrofstgh to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nutrimentia
plata o plomo

I also heard that Vinnie Paul, Darrell's brother, was the other band member who got killed.

Fuck.

Old Post 12-09-2004 08:53 AM
Nutrimentia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nutrimentia Click here to Send Nutrimentia a Private Message Visit Nutrimentia's homepage! Find more posts by Nutrimentia Add Nutrimentia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dingle
Gay for Mugtoe

lame

Old Post 12-09-2004 09:03 AM
Dingle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dingle Click here to Send Dingle a Private Message Find more posts by Dingle Add Dingle to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
funkyrooster
King Leer

Weaselspoor worked with Pantera a lot at his previous record company. He was a massive fan of the band. Until he met them. Thought that apart from Phil Anselmo, they were ingnorant, reactionary racist fucks.

Old Post 12-09-2004 09:10 AM
funkyrooster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for funkyrooster Click here to Send funkyrooster a Private Message Find more posts by funkyrooster Add funkyrooster to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mmmtravis
stealthy ninja

vinnie was killed too? dammit.

phil needs a hug .

dimebag, vinnie, my brothers in rock, may your eternal slumber be laced with coke, jack, whores, and heavy metal.... RIP

"suicide note pt. I"
then, "fucking hostile"

Old Post 12-09-2004 09:12 AM
mmmtravis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mmmtravis Click here to Send mmmtravis a Private Message Visit mmmtravis's homepage! Find more posts by mmmtravis Add mmmtravis to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mmmtravis
stealthy ninja

quote:
Originally posted by funkyrooster
apart from Phil Anselmo, they were ingnorant, reactionary racist fucks.
im saddened to hear that, but that doesn't take shit away from his "cemetary gates" solo.

Old Post 12-09-2004 09:19 AM
mmmtravis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mmmtravis Click here to Send mmmtravis a Private Message Visit mmmtravis's homepage! Find more posts by mmmtravis Add mmmtravis to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
karen
Lesser Satan

quote:
Originally posted by Nutrimentia
I also heard that Vinnie Paul, Darrell's brother, was the other band member who got killed.

Fuck.

seconded. I heard this too.

Old Post 12-09-2004 11:58 AM
karen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for karen Click here to Send karen a Private Message Find more posts by karen Add karen to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nutrimentia
plata o plomo

Story is on CNN here. I'm sure glad I heard it before catching it on the tube. I'm really surprised at how hard I'm taking this. Pantera was a core band for a really fun period of my life.

To top it off, I've just discovered that I never got my Cowboys From Hell disc back and I can't listen to Domination or Cemetery Gates. I do have Apocalypitca's version of Domination which is actually mordbidly fitting to the occasion.

RE! SPECT! WALK!

WHAT DID YOU SAY?!!

RE! SPECT! WALK!

ARE YOU TALKING TO ME?!?!?!?

...I'd kill myself for you...[spoiler]

Old Post 12-09-2004 12:09 PM
Weasel Spoor
"The Man"

Indeed, the brothers Abbott do not rank highly on my list of favourite people I have worked with, but that was a hell of a way to go. Ironically the last conversation I had with them was a huge argument concerning gun control. I fucking told you Dime....

The rooster got me into them at University, a fucking awesome metal band. Am off to listen to "Primal Concrete Sledge'

Old Post 12-09-2004 12:15 PM
Weasel Spoor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Weasel Spoor Click here to Send Weasel Spoor a Private Message Find more posts by Weasel Spoor Add Weasel Spoor to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coincidence
Counterfeit

That's fucked up, but really, they had their golden years long ago, and people like those dudes just don't die of old age.
Nice words, Travis and Nute. Dimebag made some of the best riffs ever.

Phil sez:
These hard lines and sunken cheeks are text book reasons
All these christians come alive and try to sell you
My soul for a goat, yet I’ll outlive the old

Old Post 12-09-2004 01:15 PM
Coincidence is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coincidence Click here to Send Coincidence a Private Message Visit Coincidence's homepage! Find more posts by Coincidence Add Coincidence to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
theMAC
lone gunman for the govt

soooooooooooooooo.......

24 years after john lennon gets whacked and yoko ono walks away unharmed, dimebag darrel and vinnie paul get smoked and bon jovi still lives?

we lose johnny cash, ray charles, jam master J, the last of the ramones and even ODB

but britney-fucking-spears still walks the planet?

now, I'm not saying that all those dead ppl are great musicians but most of them I liked to some degree. I was a big pantera fan. I am a damage plan fan.

but, pure and simple, there is NO god.

what have I gotten as a concession to a lifetime of good musicans dieing young?
great white's club fire in rhode island?

bah!

I demand that someone kill Justin Timberlake!
I want to see Kenny G's head on a fucking pole!

For god's sake at least knock off one of the rolling stones or someone form aerosmith
no one can do that many drugs for that fucking long and then die of OLD AGE!!!!

I want some damned balance restored to the rock universe!~!!

oh, I almost forgot...

did anyone else miss the irony of a cop killing the guy who killed the guys who represented rebellion against such authoritarian figures as the police?

Old Post 12-09-2004 06:35 PM
theMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for theMAC Click here to Send theMAC a Private Message Find more posts by theMAC Add theMAC to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skalie
Locksmith of Lurve

I miss someone remarking "That would been a hell of a show"

Old Post 12-09-2004 06:39 PM
skalie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skalie Click here to Send skalie a Private Message Find more posts by skalie Add skalie to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Straightman
Preaching The Funk

What can I say? We lost two very talented musicians. I heard rumors that Dimebag not only wailed the fuck all on guitar, but he actually built his own FX pedals at home. That's just fucking cool. For once, I have no eloquent words for "This. Fucking. Sucks."
Rest well Dime and Vinnie.

Old Post 12-09-2004 07:34 PM
Straightman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Straightman Click here to Send Straightman a Private Message Find more posts by Straightman Add Straightman to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mugtoe
Scarred for Life

JT's not that bad. cmon. I ain't down on anyone that good lookin, even if he's machine-made.

Old Post 12-09-2004 07:51 PM
Mugtoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mugtoe Click here to Send Mugtoe a Private Message Find more posts by Mugtoe Add Mugtoe to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
euphorbia
caustic milk - hybrid

quote:
Originally posted by Weasel Spoor
Ironically the last conversation I had with them was a huge argument concerning gun control. I fucking told you Dime....

um

I think the weasel is a fantastic guy and despite this conclusion think he has many fantastic and booful redeeming qualities.

I came in this thread to share with you the amusement I am having listening to the various news outlets talk about "the heavy metal culture" and "Pantera's Lyrics" and gun control and american culture.

How come we dont discuss these sorts of things for instance when there are stabbings of children at some kindergarten in Japan or China? How come they are just disturbed and there isnt a big funn on the news about knife control or the effects of Sailormoon or Feng Shui? Does a gun make it worse? Personally Id rather be shot than stabbed.
Ive seen both up close, trust me on this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/as...fic/1376982.stm

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/englis...tent_394732.htm

http://english.people.com.cn/200406...603_145243.html

Sad about the shootings, im glad the cop had a gun.

Old Post 12-09-2004 07:54 PM
euphorbia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for euphorbia Click here to Send euphorbia a Private Message Visit euphorbia's homepage! Find more posts by euphorbia Add euphorbia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lanin
Tennis Ball Retriever

Mugtoe and I grew up in Irving, Tx which is about two towns away from Arlington (Dalworthington Gardens) where Darrell and Vinnie lived. I would go see them play cover tunes at a place called the Ritz in Dallas when Darrell was like 17. Over the years I got to know Darrell fairly well and partied with him several times. He was one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet and one of the best guitar players around.

As far as being reactionary, racist, and "Pro Gun" this is something that comes with the territory for those of us from that grew up in that part of the country. This about 2 steps removed from the old west out there and there's alot of gun toting people from my home town. Some of us learned other ways and are anti-gun.

Darrell wasnt just a heavy metal guitar player, but he could play almost anything with a level of expertise that most guitar players will never approach. He was Frenetic, Chaotic, and also very melodic. Awesome guitar player.

The last time I saw him was at a Kings X show in Dallas, he and his girlfriend came over and and sat with me and some friends and we drank Seven and Seven all night long. He was very opinionated that night but all in all the same nice guy I had known. We talked about guitars and guitar players like Ty Tabor.

I was also at the Starplex show in Dallas the night Phil OD'd and was pronounced dead backstage...only to be revived and come out to do the fucking show. Aside from throwing up a few times onstage he did a good job.

RIP Darrell

Old Post 12-09-2004 07:56 PM
lanin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lanin Click here to Send lanin a Private Message Find more posts by lanin Add lanin to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skalie
Locksmith of Lurve

Yes, knives should be banned as well.

Old Post 12-09-2004 07:57 PM
skalie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skalie Click here to Send skalie a Private Message Find more posts by skalie Add skalie to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buddha's penis
has it all

quote:
Originally posted by euphorbia
How come we dont discuss these sorts of things for instance when there are stabbings of children at some kindergarten in Japan or China? How come they are just disturbed and there isnt a big funn on the news about knife control or the effects of Sailormoon or Feng Shui? Does a gun make it worse?

because knives are used for all kinds of things besides stabbing people*.

*by which i don't mean stabbing animals.
edit: or sport-stabbing.

Last edited by buddha's penis on 12-09-2004 at 08:47 PM

Old Post 12-09-2004 08:42 PM
buddha's penis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buddha's penis Click here to Send buddha's penis a Private Message Find more posts by buddha's penis Add buddha's penis to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buddha's penis
has it all

though of course i should admit that king george and the indians weren't fought off with kitchen utensils.

Old Post 12-09-2004 08:47 PM
buddha's penis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buddha's penis Click here to Send buddha's penis a Private Message Find more posts by buddha's penis Add buddha's penis to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
euphorbia
caustic milk - hybrid

quote:
Originally posted by buddha's penis
because knives are used for all kinds of things besides stabbing people*.

*by which i don't mean stabbing animals.
edit: or sport-stabbing.

what does that have to do with anything?
a killing is a killing no matter what is used right?

why dont we just outlaw murder?

man it's like I'm a genius or something.

Old Post 12-09-2004 09:03 PM
euphorbia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for euphorbia Click here to Send euphorbia a Private Message Visit euphorbia's homepage! Find more posts by euphorbia Add euphorbia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skalie
Locksmith of Lurve

quote:
Originally posted by euphorbia
a killing is a killing no matter what is used right?

Not at all.

Old Post 12-09-2004 09:06 PM
Azrael
The Advocate

Its illegal to carry a knife in England.

Personally i'd rather be stabbed than shot. Guns just make it childsplay to kill.

Old Post 12-09-2004 09:09 PM
Azrael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Azrael Click here to Send Azrael a Private Message Find more posts by Azrael Add Azrael to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skalie
Locksmith of Lurve

I'd rather be shot, less personal.

Old Post 12-09-2004 09:11 PM
euphorbia
caustic milk - hybrid

quote:
Originally posted by Azrael
Its illegal to carry a knife in England.

hahahaha!

Old Post 12-09-2004 09:11 PM