The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > why do birds, fly oh so very near
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
melon
Fishleader

Post why do birds, fly oh so very near

to the sky? because they want to die, and i dont blame them. no one wants to be a bird, its a boring life. a bird does nothing.
and no one even cares about birds. so its clear why they want to die.

------------------
ALL HAIL FISHLEADER!
you may be british.
join the FISHNATION music group!
visit the FISHNATION homepage!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-15-2000 09:33 PM
melon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for melon Click here to Send melon a Private Message Visit melon's homepage! Find more posts by melon Add melon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WildChild
Forever Amber

Location: In my house :) Well apartment really, but in California...I wish I lived in Japan or Oregon :)
I care about birds. They taste good.

------------------------
Sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad I'm even better.....

Old Post 11-15-2000 09:35 PM
WildChild is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WildChild Click here to Send WildChild a Private Message Find more posts by WildChild Add WildChild to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MstrG
The Talamasca

This was a Carpenters song. I'm sure of it.

------------------------
Download the SETI software, then join the Asylum SETI Team!

Old Post 11-15-2000 09:47 PM
MstrG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MstrG Click here to Send MstrG a Private Message Visit MstrG's homepage! Find more posts by MstrG Add MstrG to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite
wallet.dat is where it at

And so it was written, in the Book of Bob, that all the winged creatures shall die.

------------------------
"Your experiment this week, Joel, is called Pod People. It has nothing to do with pods, it has nothing to do with people, it has everything to do with *hurting*." - Dr. Forrester, MST3K

Was it something you would do for anybody?
Was it what you'd only do for me?
Or was it something where you acted when you saw the need
And knew that there would be a way the act could be repaid
And so it may, but for today
I want to thank you for putting me back in my snail shell

[This message has been edited by SocialParasite (edited 11-15-2000).]

Old Post 11-15-2000 10:26 PM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morgana
THE Bitch

uh...

yeah.

hrm.

Old Post 11-15-2000 10:30 PM
morgana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for morgana Click here to Send morgana a Private Message Visit morgana's homepage! Find more posts by morgana Add morgana to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WastedPotential
sociotard

Don't get me started on "Bob."

Old Post 11-16-2000 12:28 AM
WastedPotential is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WastedPotential Click here to Send WastedPotential a Private Message Find more posts by WastedPotential Add WastedPotential to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite

Bob Villa owns you all

------------------------
"Your experiment this week, Joel, is called Pod People. It has nothing to do with pods, it has nothing to do with people, it has everything to do with *hurting*." - Dr. Forrester, MST3K

Old Post 11-16-2000 12:58 AM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Caffeine
Caffeine

It's Bob Vila:

A native of Miami, Bob Vila entered the University of Florida in 1965 as an architecture major. He graduated in 1969 with a degree in communications science and his professional eye focused on newspaper reporting. In 1973, after a two-year stint with the Peace Corps, serving in Panama, Bob returned to the United States and settled in Boston, where he studied at the Boston Architectural Center before forming his own residential remodeling and design business.

Bob's restoration of a Victorian Italianate house in Newton Centre, Massachusetts, was honored as "Heritage House of 1978" by Better Homes and Gardens magazine and subsequently became the subject of a Boston Globe article. It was the newspaper profile that caught the attention of a WGBH television producer, who soon after produced a pilot program on home renovation using Bob's Newton Centre home as a focal point.

Some months later, Bob was asked to host a 13-part television series on step- by-step home renovation. Bob agreed and in 1979 "This Old House" premiered and was an immediate hit in the local Boston market. The series was subsequently picked up by PBS and was broadcast nationwide on public television with Bob Vila as its host for ten years.

In addition to his work on "This Old House", Bob continued his interest in residential and commercial property development in the Massachusetts area. He has been the commercial spokesperson for Time-Life Home Repair Books, American Electric Power, Newell Home Furnishings, American Home Products, and now exclusively for Sears, Roebuck, and Co.

In 1989 Bob left WGBH and founded B.V.T.V. Inc., a television production company currently under contract with Sears, Roebuck, and Co., to produce "Bob Vila's Home Again". The highly successful Home Again is syndicated to over 200 stations nationwide by CBS Eyemark Entertainment, the highly successful program will mark its Special 10th Anniversary Season beginning in September 1999 by spot lighting two of Bob's favorite building projects: affordable homes and historic homes. With an eye toward the future of home building in the new millennium, Bob will introduce the latest in sustain able materials and efficient building techniques on a Habitat for Humanity "blitz build" project. Following that is a glimpse into the past and preserving some of our country's best architecture with the careful restoration of Virginia's two hundred-year-old Governor's Mansion.

In addition to producing his own program, Bob has also been a sought-after expert appearing on a number of network news morning shows over the years. From 1994 to 1996 Bob was a regular contributor on NBC's "Today Show". Bob's "Today's American Home" segment, addressed a wide range of home-design and home improvement topics, ranging from easy "how-to" jobs around the house to home design and renovations.

In December 1997, Bob joined a team of distinguished contributors at CBS News' "This Morning" as resident "Mr. Fix-it", and continues to offer viewers informative tips in the areas of home design, repair, and restoration in his regular segments.

Bob has also been called upon for a number of special programming events. In February 1996, the A&E Network premiered three two-hour specials of "Bob Vila's Guide To Historic Homes Of America". The specials were shot throughout the United States at the nation's most prestigious landmark houses. The latest installment of the popular special, "Bob Vila's Guide To Historic Homes: In Search Of Palladio", premiered in May 1998, and traced the influence of visionary Italien architect Andrea Palladio in England, Ireland, Italy, and here in America.

This summer, Bob will head in yet another exciting new direction. Beginning July 4, 1999, Bob will host his first-ever, original weekly cable series, "Restore America with Bob Vila," on HGTV. In "Restore America", Bob will bring viewers on a year-long tour of some of our country's most beautifully restored historic buildings, neighborhoods and gardens from every state in the nation--culminating in a special programming event on July 4, 2000. The weekly, half-hour program will focus on landmark renovation projects that bring communities together and will be a celebration of people across the nation who are working to preserve America's culture, heritage and history.

------------------------
Would you like a plush toy?

Old Post 11-16-2000 01:01 AM
Caffeine is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Caffeine Click here to Send Caffeine a Private Message Find more posts by Caffeine Add Caffeine to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Avondale
oh hello

I saw a bird fly into a window once, but it didn't die. How do you explain THAT, huh Mr Smarty Scientist Man?

------------------------
[ Insert Catchy Phrase Here ]

Old Post 11-16-2000 01:13 AM
Avondale is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Avondale Click here to Send Avondale a Private Message Find more posts by Avondale Add Avondale to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite

Bask in the glory of Bob Villa.

------------------------

Old Post 11-16-2000 01:15 AM
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

Birds, for some reason, love to fly by and shit on my head. (I must start wearing a hat!)

Old Post 11-16-2000 02:22 AM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote