The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Images Of Desanctity > Storage Building
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Mudflap
I.R. Jailer

Storage Building

Phase One:

Attachment: phase1a.jpg
This has been downloaded 446 time(s).

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-06-2005 02:07 AM
Mudflap is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mudflap Click here to Send Mudflap a Private Message Find more posts by Mudflap Add Mudflap to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

Ever heard of pier foundations?

Old Post 03-06-2005 02:35 AM
SimpleSimon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SimpleSimon Click here to Send SimpleSimon a Private Message Find more posts by SimpleSimon Add SimpleSimon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mudflap
I.R. Jailer

Yes.

Old Post 03-06-2005 02:48 AM
Mudflap is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mudflap Click here to Send Mudflap a Private Message Find more posts by Mudflap Add Mudflap to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nutrimentia
plata o plomo

It looks to me like he is building a shelter that will ride out the flood rather than sit through it.

Old Post 03-06-2005 05:17 AM
Nutrimentia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nutrimentia Click here to Send Nutrimentia a Private Message Visit Nutrimentia's homepage! Find more posts by Nutrimentia Add Nutrimentia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nimh
Fluffy Bunny

the angle of the picture makes it look like its running down hill....i assume its level

Old Post 03-06-2005 05:35 AM
Nimh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nimh Click here to Send Nimh a Private Message Find more posts by Nimh Add Nimh to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mudflap
I.R. Jailer

Yeth! Levelness.

Old Post 03-06-2005 06:43 AM
Pianomahnn
Sw0ul3!!!!!11

This appears more "stage 2 1/2."

Stage 1 would be the measuring and placing of blocks. 2 would be tossing a few of them there board types things upon the blocks. The 1/2 stage is that damned piece o' plywood sittin' all alone in the corner.

You took it away from its' friends, and now it is sad.

I also see a hammer...are you nailing the plywood down?

Old Post 03-06-2005 07:17 AM
Pianomahnn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pianomahnn Click here to Send Pianomahnn a Private Message Visit Pianomahnn's homepage! Find more posts by Pianomahnn Add Pianomahnn to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mudflap
I.R. Jailer

quote:
Originally posted by Pianomahnn
This appears more "stage 2 1/2."

Stage 1 would be the measuring and placing of blocks.

Three 4 x 6 support beams each resting on five colums of blocks/half blocks stacked and dug in to level the beams. The yard actually slopes in two directions from the corner we're building upon. The center beam is anchored at both ends.

2 would be tossing a few of them there board types things upon the blocks.

The 2 x 4 floor joists are laid across the support beams and spaced 24 inches apart. The floor joists are nailed and braced to the support beams.

The 1/2 stage is that damned piece o' plywood sittin' all alone in the corner.

We just put it there to check the squareness and placement of our floor joists to make sure they will match up with the seams of the tounge & groove plywood.

You took it away from its' friends, and now it is sad.

I also see a hammer...are you nailing the plywood down?

The hammer is there to ward away evil spirits. The plywood flooring will actually be stapled to the floor joists, a little later this morning.

Old Post 03-06-2005 12:40 PM
skalie
Locksmith of Lurve

tack

Old Post 03-06-2005 04:45 PM
skalie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skalie Click here to Send skalie a Private Message Find more posts by skalie Add skalie to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pianomahnn
Sw0ul3!!!!!11

Ooooooooooooo...tongue and groove plywood. Very plush. :-D

Old Post 03-06-2005 05:00 PM
Pianomahnn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pianomahnn Click here to Send Pianomahnn a Private Message Visit Pianomahnn's homepage! Find more posts by Pianomahnn Add Pianomahnn to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mudflap
I.R. Jailer

Phase Two:

Attachment: phase2a.jpg
This has been downloaded 372 time(s).

Old Post 03-06-2005 11:20 PM
Mudflap
I.R. Jailer

This is what Mudspawn likes to call "dog."

Attachment: merlin1.jpg
This has been downloaded 364 time(s).

Old Post 03-06-2005 11:22 PM
Mudflap
I.R. Jailer

Looks like rain. Front & rear wall frames mostly done. Side wall frames will have to wait.

Those are my in-laws, btw. They both kick ass.

Attachment: tarped1.jpg
This has been downloaded 342 time(s).

Old Post 03-06-2005 11:24 PM
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

quote:
Originally posted by Mudflap
...Those are my in-laws, btw. They both kick ass.

Indeed. Nice folks - if you ever get rid of PB(god forbid), keep the in-laws.

Old Post 03-07-2005 12:40 AM
SimpleSimon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SimpleSimon Click here to Send SimpleSimon a Private Message Find more posts by SimpleSimon Add SimpleSimon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cruise Director
nobody special

Okay, what's with the pink 2x material?

Old Post 03-07-2005 01:39 AM
Cruise Director is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cruise Director Click here to Send Cruise Director a Private Message Find more posts by Cruise Director Add Cruise Director to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mudflap
I.R. Jailer

Would you steal it?

Old Post 03-07-2005 04:25 AM
Mordecai

Ugh, just ugh.

You are offending my sense of professional pride.

-m

Old Post 03-08-2005 12:16 AM
Mordecai is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mordecai Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Add Mordecai to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lanin
Tennis Ball Retriever

I like the little pyramid looking precast concrete footings, that are notched and will hold a wide variety of 4x posts or 2x material. That is of course if you dont dig proper piers and footings.

Old Post 03-08-2005 12:50 AM
lanin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lanin Click here to Send lanin a Private Message Find more posts by lanin Add lanin to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mudflap
I.R. Jailer

quote:
Originally posted by Mordecai
Ugh, just ugh.

You are offending my sense of professional pride.

-m

Bonus.

Just wait till we paint it.

Old Post 03-08-2005 02:01 AM
Mudflap
I.R. Jailer

Phase Three:

Old Post 04-03-2005 08:31 AM
Mudflap
I.R. Jailer

Phase Four:

Old Post 04-03-2005 08:32 AM
Tefl
Reality Theorist

Are the pink 2X4's just paint to scare thieves or some sort of insect/rot treatment? The color reminds me of the poisonous coating field corn is given to prevent the bugs and birds from taking the crop.

Old Post 04-03-2005 09:06 AM
Tefl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tefl Click here to Send Tefl a Private Message Find more posts by Tefl Add Tefl to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skalie
Locksmith of Lurve

quote:
Originally posted by Tefl
Are the pink 2X4's just paint to scare thieves or some sort of insect/rot treatment?

To match his clothes.

Old Post 04-03-2005 09:19 AM
skalie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skalie Click here to Send skalie a Private Message Find more posts by skalie Add skalie to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cruise Director
nobody special

Lookin' good, Muddy.

Old Post 04-03-2005 07:30 PM
Cruise Director is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cruise Director Click here to Send Cruise Director a Private Message Find more posts by Cruise Director Add Cruise Director to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GimpyDivo
I DRIVE WOMEN CRAZY!

quote:
Originally posted by Mudflap

Those are my in-laws, btw. They both kick ass.

it looks like they eat a lot of it too along with anything else thats not nailed down.

Old Post 04-03-2005 08:22 PM
GimpyDivo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GimpyDivo Click here to Send GimpyDivo a Private Message Find more posts by GimpyDivo Add GimpyDivo to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote