The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > tourism advice. DC for one day, NYC for 2-3 days
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
mudded
+/-?

tourism advice. DC for one day, NYC for 2-3 days

Greetings.

My GFs brother is coming to visit us for two weeks starting on the 10th.

He wants to do the tourist spiel and visit DC and NYC (maybe swing by philly too)

His basic plan for the visit is as follows
1) Arrive on the 10th
2) spend the first week+ in central pennsylvania, oogle local stuff, drink a lot in State College with my GF and me.
3) Spend 3-5 days around the eastern corridor playing tourist with my GF.
4) leave the states from NYC directly (he leaves the states, My GF takes a greyhound back to State College, PA)

I would ask my fellow asylumnates if you have some suggestions regarding:

Philly (half a day)
- Touristy things that must be seen
- non-touristy things that must be seen

DC (1 full day).
- Bars to visit (that won't steal the clothes of your back)
- Affordable accomodation. This doesn't have to be downtown, but should ideally be near to some form of mass transit system.

NYC (2-3 full days)
- Affordable accomodation. This doesn't have to be downtown, but should ideally be near to some form of mass transit system.
- Ideas about how to spend three days in NYC, and the order in which things could be done would also be most welcome.

With that in mind do any of you know if he can put his luggage in storage somewhere in NYC (besides the accomodation), as he would like to be able to enjoy his last day in NYC without having to schlep his luggage around with him all the time.

?

Cheers
-m

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-05-2005 02:22 AM
mudded is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mudded Click here to Send mudded a Private Message Visit mudded's homepage! Find more posts by mudded Add mudded to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mudded
+/-?

Ack, wrong forum.
Could someone please move this to TLF.

Cheers
-m

Old Post 10-05-2005 02:24 AM
mudded is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mudded Click here to Send mudded a Private Message Visit mudded's homepage! Find more posts by mudded Add mudded to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mordecai

You often have problems with bars stealing your clothing?

-m

Old Post 10-05-2005 02:26 AM
Mordecai is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mordecai Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Add Mordecai to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mudded
+/-?

well, once things get rowdy I... well...
-m

Old Post 10-05-2005 02:32 AM
Mordecai

It doesn't count as theft when you give them away.

I tried that line already.

-m

Old Post 10-05-2005 02:41 AM
Mordecai is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mordecai Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Add Mordecai to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mudded
+/-?

OK
-m

Old Post 10-05-2005 02:45 AM
Mordecai

Is anyone gonna move this?

-m

Old Post 10-05-2005 03:07 AM
CHiPsJr
Ginger-headed Troll

Yes.

Old Post 10-05-2005 03:54 AM
CHiPsJr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHiPsJr Click here to Send CHiPsJr a Private Message Find more posts by CHiPsJr Add CHiPsJr to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mudded
+/-?

Cheers Jr.
-m

Old Post 10-05-2005 04:01 AM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

-m

Mord or mudded.

That is the question.

Shove your luggage inside a bus terminal locker.
Some of those are huge.

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 10-05-2005 04:35 AM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mordecai

Err, do they still have those?

-m

Old Post 10-05-2005 04:36 AM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

Sure they do. Take the key and go.
Now if you got a whole lotta shit,they got these at bus stops. Don't know how to pay for these,though. Some of this is monthly only.

Attachment: gg_ferry_bike_lockers-s.jpg
This has been downloaded 85 time(s).

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 10-05-2005 04:40 AM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rokkr
Completely Wack

quote:
Originally posted by Mordecai
Err, do they still have those?

-m

For bad movie plots.

Old Post 10-05-2005 04:41 AM
Rokkr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rokkr Click here to Send Rokkr a Private Message Find more posts by Rokkr Add Rokkr to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

I definetly know for sure that post offices have them large take your key and go boxes. Then the one door to acces them is never locked.

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 10-05-2005 04:43 AM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

OH YEA!! That's right!
REC CENTERS!!!!
Go in the change rooms.
...but then when they close,your fucked.

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 10-05-2005 04:49 AM
Mordecai

Could someone change the topic to 'Terrorism advice'?

-m

Old Post 10-05-2005 05:14 AM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

Then there's Bowling alleys and roller and ice skating rinks too.

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 10-05-2005 06:05 AM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

Go here for NYC advice!

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 10-05-2005 06:09 AM
mudded
+/-?

pernts for LF

Old Post 10-05-2005 03:42 PM
pj
Captain America

Philly- the museum and the Rocky steps, Geno's for cheesesteak, and I recomend an Eagles game.

NYC- Madison Square gardens tour, Rockafella center studios tour, infact just go here cos its decent value for money.

I used when i visited NYC.

Old Post 10-05-2005 04:04 PM
pj is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pj Click here to Send pj a Private Message Visit pj's homepage! Find more posts by pj Add pj to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smug Git
Arrogance Personified

Go to the Liberty Bell in Philly. Maybe the Mint.

Leave Philly. Never return, unless to watch a Phillies game.

DC, I'd just walk along the Mall and look at the monuments, if the weather is nice. Otherwise, go to a Smithsonian museum (Air and Space, if you have a car). Remind everyone that the cops near the Whitehouse and Capitol Building are totally devoid of a sense of humour. The Big Hunt bar near Dupont circle (1345 Connecticut Ave.) is cheapish and the area isn't dangerous. Only opens at 4pm, as I recall, but there is a bar on Dupont circle itself where you can burn money until Big Hunt opens. They have some sort of Happy Hour, too.

In NYC, I'd go to the National History museum and MOMA, because both are pretty cool (National History has dinosaur fossil! Mmmmm, dinosaur fossils). And walk in Central Park, etc, etc. But really, for NYC, get a Rough Guide or Time Out's guide, or something.

Old Post 10-05-2005 04:10 PM
Smug Git is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smug Git Click here to Send Smug Git a Private Message Find more posts by Smug Git Add Smug Git to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zim
-

if yer going to be in dc for only a day, don't hit arlington, you won't have enough time.

there's probably a lot you wont be able to fit in in a single day.

Last edited by CHiPsJr on 11-09-2006 at 08:23 AM

Old Post 10-05-2005 10:17 PM
zim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zim Click here to Send zim a Private Message Find more posts by zim Add zim to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mmmtravis
stealthy ninja

Re: tourism advice. DC for one day, NYC for 2-3 days

quote:
Originally posted by mudded
DC (1 full day).

Hang out with Sabine and GB. Do something amusing with them like visit the Holocaust Museum.

Old Post 10-05-2005 10:35 PM
mmmtravis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mmmtravis Click here to Send mmmtravis a Private Message Visit mmmtravis's homepage! Find more posts by mmmtravis Add mmmtravis to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smug Git
Arrogance Personified

quote:
Originally posted by zim
if yer going to be in dc for only a day, don't hit arlington, you won't have enough time.

Goatboy and I did the mall, the monuments and Arlington in a day. There is even pictorial evidence to prove it! You just have to like walking (we went on the early January day that was freakishly warm, but the weather there now should be pretty good for walking, too.

Old Post 10-06-2005 01:00 AM
Smug Git is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smug Git Click here to Send Smug Git a Private Message Find more posts by Smug Git Add Smug Git to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SatansLeftHand
buttercup

i imagine that visiting the holocaust museum with goatboy would be both hilarious and dangerous.

Old Post 10-06-2005 01:03 AM
SatansLeftHand is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SatansLeftHand Click here to Send SatansLeftHand a Private Message Find more posts by SatansLeftHand Add SatansLeftHand to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote