The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Images Of Desanctity > A Journey through Berkeley...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
morgasm
nothing like the sun

A Journey through Berkeley...

All cheesiness aside, I thought I'd share some pictures of my new school- I took pictures of some of my favorite buildings/places/people.

California Hall (Vice Chancellor's office.)

Doe Library (3rd or 4th largest library in the nation, i think)

Dwinelle (worst designed building EVER. I have Spanish here every day.)

Evans (ugliest building in the world. famous for where the math and engineering majors commit suicide.)

Happy Happy Happy Man (famous Berkeley eccentric)

The Mystical Jimi Hendrix Smudge

One of many "Nobel Laureate" parking signs for the designated spaces on campus.

South Hall (the oldest building in the UC system)

Sproul Hall (admin building, famous for the FSM sit ins)

A Telegraph Street sign.

Sather Tower (also known as the Campanile)

The Valley Life Science Building (this picture doesnt do it justice. It's huge and GORGEOUS)

Wheeler Hall (houses a huge lecture hall)

The Lawrence Hall of Science (my new place of work!)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-25-2006 03:36 AM
morgasm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for morgasm Click here to Send morgasm a Private Message Visit morgasm's homepage! Find more posts by morgasm Add morgasm to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

Cool stuff, nice pics.

Looks like you're enjoying school.

Old Post 01-25-2006 03:41 AM
Roshigoth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roshigoth Click here to Send Roshigoth a Private Message Find more posts by Roshigoth Add Roshigoth to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morgasm
nothing like the sun

I sure am, Rosh!

I also wanted to include this poorly done panoramic of my view from work.

Attachment: panoramic.jpg
This has been downloaded 246 time(s).

Old Post 01-25-2006 03:58 AM
morgasm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for morgasm Click here to Send morgasm a Private Message Visit morgasm's homepage! Find more posts by morgasm Add morgasm to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
loser
oxymoran

no picture of sproul hall is complete without a full veiw of the plaza and all the half dressed girls that are walking though it at any given time.

Old Post 01-25-2006 04:28 AM
loser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for loser Click here to Send loser a Private Message Find more posts by loser Add loser to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

Morgana is Dante?

Old Post 01-25-2006 05:15 AM
Trenchant_Troll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trenchant_Troll Click here to Send Trenchant_Troll a Private Message Find more posts by Trenchant_Troll Add Trenchant_Troll to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tray
confidence trickster

Awesome, Morgana. I'm jealous. Thanks for sharing.

Old Post 01-25-2006 05:50 AM
Tray is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tray Click here to Send Tray a Private Message Visit Tray's homepage! Find more posts by Tray Add Tray to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
willimo
Erythrophiliac

I'm not. Berkely doesn't strike me as a place that will put up with a bad student for 6 whole years.

Nice shots, very pretty campus. Do ya'll ever get weather? Like, ever?

Old Post 01-25-2006 06:09 AM
willimo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for willimo Click here to Send willimo a Private Message Find more posts by willimo Add willimo to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

I just want to point out this is morgasm, not morgana.

Old Post 01-25-2006 07:02 AM
Roshigoth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roshigoth Click here to Send Roshigoth a Private Message Find more posts by Roshigoth Add Roshigoth to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BnB
Suck My Ass

quote:
Originally posted by Roshigoth
I just want to point out this is morgasm, not morgana.

How could they possibly confuse them?
Morgasm's tits are much bigger. They usually notice that stuff.

Old Post 01-25-2006 01:25 PM
BnB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BnB Click here to Send BnB a Private Message Find more posts by BnB Add BnB to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

quote:
Originally posted by BnB

Really, you'd think they would.

Old Post 01-25-2006 04:09 PM
Cruise Director
nobody special

quote:
Originally posted by BnB

One also shares her life while the second only criticizes others'.

Old Post 01-25-2006 04:44 PM
Cruise Director is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cruise Director Click here to Send Cruise Director a Private Message Find more posts by Cruise Director Add Cruise Director to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BnB
Suck My Ass

yeah, but they notice the tits first.

Old Post 01-25-2006 08:28 PM
BnB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BnB Click here to Send BnB a Private Message Find more posts by BnB Add BnB to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sw/oT
Toes on the nose, bros!

Re: A Journey through Berkeley...

quote:
Originally posted by morgasm

Evans (ugliest building in the world. famous for where the math and engineering majors commit suicide.)........

The Valley Life Science Building (this picture doesnt do it justice. It's huge and GORGEOUS)

Evans isn't much to look at, but I'd say Wurster Hall holds the ugly crown.

Valley was completely gutted and rebuilt from the inside out. I think it was finally finished around '95 when i started at Berkeley. Great place for lectures.

Old Post 01-26-2006 09:21 PM
Sw/oT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sw/oT Click here to Send Sw/oT a Private Message Find more posts by Sw/oT Add Sw/oT to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Avondale
oh hello

Re: A Journey through Berkeley...

quote:
Originally posted by morgasm

Evans (ugliest building in the world. famous for where the math and engineering majors commit suicide.)

at MIT, one of the windows in the upper levels of one building had to be permanently sealed shut, because so many students killed themselves by jumping out of it.

Old Post 01-28-2006 08:56 PM
Avondale is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Avondale Click here to Send Avondale a Private Message Find more posts by Avondale Add Avondale to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by BnB
yeah, but they notice the tits first.

The twin limes.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Old Post 01-30-2006 04:09 AM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ignatz mouse
gone with the wind

I think every college campus must have a favorite building for suicides. I know mine did -- also the math/science building. (I have to wander off to ponder. Or, do my homework.)

Old Post 01-30-2006 06:50 AM
ignatz mouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ignatz mouse Click here to Send ignatz mouse a Private Message Find more posts by ignatz mouse Add ignatz mouse to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

You know, back at ASU, I never heard of any favorite suicide spots, but I do know that if I were to try, I'd have gone off the Life Sciences E building. Tallest building on campus, and it has an outdoor stairway all the way up.

Here at USC, I also don't know of any spots that get a lot of suicides. But then, I haven't gotten to know much of the school outside the law building, either.

Old Post 01-30-2006 07:24 AM