The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > plot, opinion, so on
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
ItsJustLogan
le pour soi

Post plot, opinion, so on

i'm writing a short piece for a shcool literary publication (i think) and i've got a couple of plot lines worked out, but i just can't decide. allow me to bounce this one off of you, give me an idea of how you like it. suggestions are nice.

written from the perspective of a young boy/girl, 8 to 10 years old, dysfunctional family, lower class. painfull memories. bad experiences. family splits, child is forced into a foster home as the/a holiday season approaches. as the holiday passes and the child spends it with a new family and new traditions/things she/he realizes just how much he/she misses it's hard and traumatizing life with it's original parents. flash to good memories, original traditions, happy times, child and forces involved in placement in new home realize that sometimes one is too busy being unhappy with a current situation that they rule out happiness there. end.

------------------
We spoke our minds too clearly. We assumed fundamental rights were inherent not as pawns but humanz. I do not require a gauge for freedoms of speech because I never asked to be a citizen. I never have and never will pledge allegiance.

http://pub31.ezboard.com/bforbiddencompounds

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-05-2000 03:28 AM
ItsJustLogan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ItsJustLogan Click here to Send ItsJustLogan a Private Message Find more posts by ItsJustLogan Add ItsJustLogan to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wonderaz
Sarky Bastard

A good theme for this time of year. You start low, dip lower then climb out to happiness and hope.
Do it.

------------------------
Don't argue with me.

Old Post 12-05-2000 03:44 AM
wonderaz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wonderaz Click here to Send wonderaz a Private Message Visit wonderaz's homepage! Find more posts by wonderaz Add wonderaz to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ItsJustLogan
le pour soi

*nods*

------------------------
We spoke our minds too clearly. We assumed fundamental rights were inherent not as pawns but humanz. I do not require a gauge for freedoms of speech because I never asked to be a citizen. I never have and never will pledge allegiance.

Old Post 12-05-2000 04:18 AM
ItsJustLogan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ItsJustLogan Click here to Send ItsJustLogan a Private Message Find more posts by ItsJustLogan Add ItsJustLogan to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harlequinn
Fluffy Bunny

quote:
Originally posted by ItsJustLogan:
flash to good memories, original traditions, happy times, child and forces involved in placement in new home realize that sometimes one is too busy being unhappy with a current situation that they rule out happiness there. end.

That's real fucking peachy. A child from an abusive family, after spending much of his/her young life being beaten with belts and wrenches, is moved by the Christmas spirit. Memories of trimming the tree with mom and pop and the smell of gingerbread cookies in the crisp, cold air, overwhelm and erase the emotional scarring caused by lifetime of verbal abuse and life-threatening beatings. He/she triumphantly returns home to his derranged biological parents, only to die in a hospital emergency room a week later.

Sounds like you're on your way to a bestseller, Dickens. Here's my honest opinion:

Old Post 12-05-2000 04:42 AM
Harlequinn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Harlequinn Click here to Send Harlequinn a Private Message Find more posts by Harlequinn Add Harlequinn to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ItsJustLogan
le pour soi

i could have sworn i was the one writing it, but apparently you've gotten an advance copy. its a good thing you know exactly what i was going to write, because up untill now i had it planned completely differently with no idea that i was going to veer into the offensive.

------------------------

[This message has been edited by ItsJustLogan (edited 12-04-2000).]

Old Post 12-05-2000 04:51 AM
Harlequinn
Fluffy Bunny

quote:
Originally posted by ItsJustLogan:
with no idea that i was going to veer into the offensive.

The only thing I find offensive, is that someone would consider publishing your weak-minded bullshit. In my opinion, the only thing that you're qualified to write about is the ABC's. (And I suspect you'd fuck that up too.)

Old Post 12-05-2000 05:14 AM
Harlequinn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Harlequinn Click here to Send Harlequinn a Private Message Find more posts by Harlequinn Add Harlequinn to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite
wallet.dat is where it at

I don't know, Butt-Head . . . isn't it kinda dangerous to stick things up your butt?

------------------------
"Your experiment this week, Joel, is called Pod People. It has nothing to do with pods, it has nothing to do with people, it has everything to do with *hurting*." - Dr. Forrester, MST3K

'Living is just the process of preparing to be dead for a very long time." - Faulkner

Old Post 12-05-2000 05:38 AM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harlequinn
Fluffy Bunny

quote:
Originally posted by SocialParasite:
I don't know, Butt-Head . . . isn't it kinda dangerous to stick things up your butt?

Its a pity that people like me don't have the legal authority to choke the life out of people like you.

Old Post 12-05-2000 06:02 AM
Stellar
Deprived

I like your idea Logan. you should go with it...but then again we didnt hear the other one.

------------------------
"You're all pathetic in your own way!!"

I can't bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Laugh now, cry later!!

Old Post 12-05-2000 06:08 AM
Stellar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stellar Click here to Send Stellar a Private Message Find more posts by Stellar Add Stellar to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite

Do you know how hard it is to take you seriously, Harlequinn? Try it some time. I think you'll find it to be a simply mind boggeling challenge.

I mean, if your attacks weren't random, I suppose I could make a half-hearted attempt at taking you seriously, but the random and simple nature of your "attack" make that a very difficult task.

Good day, and please, don't waste your graphics on me.

------------------------
"Your experiment this week, Joel, is called Pod People. It has nothing to do with pods, it has nothing to do with people, it has everything to do with *hurting*." - Dr. Forrester, MST3K

'Living is just the process of preparing to be dead for a very long time." - Faulkner

Old Post 12-05-2000 06:10 AM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

Wouldn't it be more interesting if the kid murdered his/her new parents? Of course, the moral would be: no good deed goes unpunished.

Old Post 12-05-2000 06:14 AM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harlequinn
Fluffy Bunny

I just can't help it. When I see quality posts like the following:

quote:
Originally posted by SocialParasite:
Newbies, sue beees, doobies. (http://www.asylumwhores.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/004803.html)

I get kind of annoyed. But maybe its just me. By the way, what's going to be your next feat of intellectual prowess, Dr. Seuss? Perhaps you'll demonstrate your amazing ability to count backwards? Or maybe you'll recite the star spangled banner in pig latin?

"the random and simple nature of your "attack" make that a very difficult task." I find your definition of simple rather comical. But then again, I find you rather comical also, so I'm not too surprised.

Old Post 12-05-2000 06:25 AM
Harlequinn
Fluffy Bunny

In all fairness, I suppose that it is rather difficult to take me seriously. Although I donít see the point in being serious in a discussion board that is inhabited by stupid teenagers and self-righteous computer geeks, in the spirit of seriousness, hereís what I really think of you, Social, without all of the distracting humor:

I find your arrogance perhaps the most amusing aspect of your on-line personality. I say on-line because in real life I think that you are a scared shitless little kid. This arrogance is particularly comical because it is completely unwarranted. Although Iíve been posting for only a few weeks, Iíve been here long enough to get a feel for the content of your posts, or lack thereof. If I had to characterize them, Iíd say you generally say a lot, but donít have much to say. Most of your posts consist of inane fluff that requires little cognitive effort, and when you do contribute to a thread that might stimulate your pea-sized brain, your thoughts are shallow and cursory. These posts do not indicate deep intellectual reflection, nor do they demonstrate a particularly creative or agile mind. Personally, I don't think you're very intelligent, and that you use pompous language to disguise this fact. Basically, youíre just plain average. But, you would never know it by the way in which you prance and strut through threads as if you were Plato or Aristotle. You are very amusing, and I hope you continue to think of yourself as one of the great minds of this forum in the future.

You know, for some reason, I canít seem to shake the mental image of a blowfish. A blowfish is a relatively small organism that inhabits coastal reefs. It has the unique ability to inhale seawater, swelling to the approximate size of a basketball. Perhaps thatís why it reminds me of you, Social, all pretenses and no substance.

[This message has been edited by Harlequinn (edited 12-05-2000).]

Old Post 12-05-2000 09:10 AM
Chantrea
defected

I find you to be quite amusing Harle. It's nice to have someone to put us all in our place, so we don't take ourselves too seriously.

Oh, and you don't have to tell me what you think of me. I already know I'm a silly little girl. That's why I post here, to relieve some stress & smile.

*offers you a cookie*

PS: They are chocolate chip today, with macadamia nuts.

------------------------
Human nature is ugly, but the world is beautiful.

Old Post 12-05-2000 09:27 AM
Chantrea is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chantrea Click here to Send Chantrea a Private Message Find more posts by Chantrea Add Chantrea to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harlequinn
Fluffy Bunny

quote:
Originally posted by Chantrea:
I find you to be quite amusing Harle.

I'm glad you find me so. I'm more than happy to provide the needy with intermittent distractions from an otherwise dull and disinteresting existence. May I forever be a blistering tea kettle that whistles triumphantly to the deaf and mute.

Old Post 12-05-2000 05:28 PM
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

quote:
Originally posted by Chantrea:
I find you to be quite amusing Harle. It's nice to have someone to put us all in our place, so we don't take ourselves too seriously.

Oh, and you don't have to tell me what you think of me. I already know I'm a silly little girl. That's why I post here, to relieve some stress & smile.

I don't take myself seriously. I'm boring, and worthless, and I post here to entertain myself and liven up my boring life. See my sig, if you want my personal opinion of myself.

------------------------
Wasted Bandwidth
Graphic Cheeseworks.

Old Post 12-05-2000 09:06 PM
Roshigoth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roshigoth Click here to Send Roshigoth a Private Message Find more posts by Roshigoth Add Roshigoth to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chantrea
defected

quote:
Originally posted by Roshigoth:
I don't take myself seriously. I'm boring, and worthless, and I post here to entertain myself and liven up my boring life. See my sig, if you want my personal opinion of myself.

I know Rosh, I was just making nice with the Grinch, er, I mean Harle. He makes me smile, even when he calls me dull. I know I am.

------------------------
Human nature is ugly, but the world is beautiful.

Old Post 12-05-2000 09:19 PM
Chantrea is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chantrea Click here to Send Chantrea a Private Message Find more posts by Chantrea Add Chantrea to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite

Well, I guess I'll have to offer you a numbered ticket so you can stand in line. What is this line, you ask? Why, it's none other than the line for the official "I Hate SocialParasite Fan Club." You are currently #10^645 to join the line. If at any point you feel that you deserve to move forward in the ranks, feel free to duel to the death with the person in front of you.

So, in a couple weeks you've managed to form a very incorrect image of me. It's okay, really, it is. It will take a while for you to understand that my postings of inane fluff are there because the initial post itself is no better then the inane fluff. As for your observation about my vocabulary, you are very wrong. I write the way I speak. Maybe a little more formal, but my speach varies very little from my typing style. Yes, I do use big words in every day conversation. Most of the people I use them around don't even grasp at the basic meaning of the words, but I use them anyway. Why should I talk dumb just because they are?

As for that quote from another thread, it wasn't anything more than a line from a book I've read before. Read "Doom: Endgame," and then get back in touch with me on that one. Maybe then you'll see how it fits in . . . well, I doubt that, honestly.

Thanks for the lesson about the blowfish, although you should have saved it for someone who had no clue what the blowfish was. When I have the time I'll come up with an asinine analogy for you. I think it will involve mosquitos.

*post script*

For one who has been here for only a couple weeks, you yourself are pretty arrogant. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Bub, you aren't even qualified to register to throw a stone at me about arrogance.

------------------------

[This message has been edited by SocialParasite (edited 12-05-2000).]

Old Post 12-06-2000 02:41 AM