The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > HAL robot suit almost summits with quadriplegic man in tow
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
bacidath
me - a killer

HAL robot suit almost summits with quadriplegic man in tow

HAL robot suit almost summits with quadriplegic man in tow

Posted Aug 8th 2006 10:45PM by Darren Murph
Filed under: Robots
In another instance of overcoming physical limitations via the help of robotics, a 43-year old Japanese man has (almost) fulfilled his dream of climbing the 13,741-foot Breithorn mountain in Switzerland. Seiji Uchida, who has been paralyzed from the neck down for over two decades, was able to get within 500 yards of the mountaintop with the help of a HAL (hybrid assistive limb) suit worn by his pal Takeshi Matsumoto. We reported that this escapade was in the works a few months back, and thanks to the (completely legal) strength enhancing device developed by Tsukuba University engineering professor Yoshiyuki Sankai, Uchida enjoyed a first-class piggyback ride up the Klein Matterhorn. Sankai's HAL has been in development for 14 years, and has been dubbed a product of his startup company, Cyberdyne (hasn't this name been trademarked by now?). According to Cyberdyne, the HAL allows someone who can normally lift 220 pounds on a leg press to hoist 396 pounds, an impressive 80% increase. Sankai mentioned the HAL could perform under less-than-ideal weather situations including snow, and that his main goal was to use this Alpine climb to build an even better HAL to assist disabled individuals in achieving their dreams -- quite an uplifting objective, eh?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-09-2006 06:31 AM
bacidath is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bacidath Click here to Send bacidath a Private Message Find more posts by bacidath Add bacidath to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bacidath
me - a killer

master blaster...at least its not chicago seattle

Old Post 08-09-2006 06:32 AM
bacidath is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bacidath Click here to Send bacidath a Private Message Find more posts by bacidath Add bacidath to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cooz
fuckermother

just waiting for the price of the bionic arm to come down..

Old Post 08-09-2006 06:37 AM
cooz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cooz Click here to Send cooz a Private Message Find more posts by cooz Add cooz to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CRSR
°Hits Moi!°

he calls it a "HAL" and names the company "Cyberdyne", he watches too many movies.

Old Post 08-09-2006 07:23 AM
CRSR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CRSR Click here to Send CRSR a Private Message Find more posts by CRSR Add CRSR to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bacidath
me - a killer

not called hal by me

Old Post 08-09-2006 09:09 AM
bacidath
me - a killer

the only HAL

Old Post 08-09-2006 09:11 AM
RiZZ
awsomeness incarnit

hal is a dameon that makes linux happy

Old Post 08-09-2006 12:52 PM
RiZZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RiZZ Click here to Send RiZZ a Private Message Visit RiZZ's homepage! Find more posts by RiZZ Add RiZZ to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

quote:
Originally posted by cooz
just waiting for the price of the bionic arm to come down..

Me too. I paid $17,800 for the last one I bought, it is 13 years old, broken, and they want $3,500 to fix the damned thing. Hell, they charge $410 each foir the fucking special batteries it needs.

Old Post 08-09-2006 04:17 PM
SimpleSimon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SimpleSimon Click here to Send SimpleSimon a Private Message Find more posts by SimpleSimon Add SimpleSimon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cuntingdaughter
all holes filled.

I think the market is ripe for the hybrid assistive vagina.

Old Post 08-09-2006 06:40 PM
cuntingdaughter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cuntingdaughter Click here to Send cuntingdaughter a Private Message Find more posts by cuntingdaughter Add cuntingdaughter to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rokkr
Completely Wack

We already have those, they're called vacuum cleaners.

Old Post 08-09-2006 06:46 PM
Rokkr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rokkr Click here to Send Rokkr a Private Message Find more posts by Rokkr Add Rokkr to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cuntingdaughter
all holes filled.

I wasn't imagining that the HAV would give you an impressive 80% increase in overall cunt pressure, but instead that it would serve as a remedial gash for crippled BBWs.

Old Post 08-09-2006 06:49 PM
cuntingdaughter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cuntingdaughter Click here to Send cuntingdaughter a Private Message Find more posts by cuntingdaughter Add cuntingdaughter to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rokkr
Completely Wack

Would flour be required for use?

Old Post 08-09-2006 06:51 PM
Rokkr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rokkr Click here to Send Rokkr a Private Message Find more posts by Rokkr Add Rokkr to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cuntingdaughter
all holes filled.

The HAV eliminates the hand of flour it takes to find a fat girl's cooter!

Old Post 08-09-2006 06:58 PM
lipiquan
"selah" fuck mook

HAL=finally following "good" sci-fi, next stop Jefferies tubes everywhere

Old Post 08-09-2006 09:55 PM
lipiquan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lipiquan Click here to Send lipiquan a Private Message Find more posts by lipiquan Add lipiquan to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote