The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > help me before I kill myself
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
HELL
euphorbia's bad side

Post help me before I kill myself

I would rather have the Back Street Boys shit in my ear than to have to listen to another shitty ass Christmas song on Napster.
I'm trying to make a Christmas Cd and it seems more people have made horrible Christmas songs than have seen Courtney Love's panties.
Does anyone know any good Christmas songs?
I know there is some good blues ones and some symphony ones, I just can’t seem to find them.
I'm making it for christians so hymns will do too.
Please, please, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-11-2000 02:37 PM
HELL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HELL Click here to Send HELL a Private Message Find more posts by HELL Add HELL to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
juliet
ruler of the math world

try "Narada" Christmas. I think Narada is the group. They also make other kinds of cds, so I don't know for sure.

------------------------
drunk is good.

Old Post 12-11-2000 02:41 PM
juliet is offline Click Here to See the Profile for juliet Click here to Send juliet a Private Message Find more posts by juliet Add juliet to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HELL
euphorbia's bad side

quote:
Originally posted by juliet:
try "Narada" Christmas. I think Narada is the group. They also make other kinds of cds, so I don't know for sure.

thank you.

Old Post 12-11-2000 02:44 PM
HELL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HELL Click here to Send HELL a Private Message Find more posts by HELL Add HELL to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jyates
BagOfUgly

try the trans-siberian orchestra thay are pretty good

Old Post 12-11-2000 02:48 PM
Jyates is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jyates Click here to Send Jyates a Private Message Find more posts by Jyates Add Jyates to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HELL
euphorbia's bad side

quote:
Originally posted by Jyates:
try the trans-siberian orchestra thay are pretty good

awesome, thanks.

Old Post 12-11-2000 03:01 PM
HELL
euphorbia's bad side

Some of this stuff is pretty good.
This song "Gloria In Excelsis Deo" sends chills all over me.
*puts hands in the air and feels the spirit*

I’m going to have to listen to some Alien Jourgensen to cleanse my soul after all this whole grain spirit stuff.

Old Post 12-11-2000 03:38 PM
Princess_Chelle
no thank you

christmas songs are so much fun
ive been singing with my boys since december started
i love having kids this time of year

Old Post 12-11-2000 03:41 PM
Princess_Chelle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Princess_Chelle Click here to Send Princess_Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Princess_Chelle Add Princess_Chelle to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HELL
euphorbia's bad side

Amen sista! I here to testify!....um, sorry....I got carried away. That sweet chariot is swinging a little too low.

Old Post 12-11-2000 03:44 PM
Princess_Chelle
no thank you

hell, i think we would be the best of friends in real life.
i enjoy your sense of humor and intelligence so much
merry christmas to you pretty lady

Old Post 12-11-2000 03:50 PM
Princess_Chelle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Princess_Chelle Click here to Send Princess_Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Princess_Chelle Add Princess_Chelle to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HELL
euphorbia's bad side

quote:
Originally posted by Princess_Chelle:
hell, i think we would be the best of friends in real life.
i enjoy your sense of humor and intelligence so much
merry christmas to you pretty lady

Wow! Thank you. Merry Christmas to you too.

Old Post 12-11-2000 03:56 PM
juliet
ruler of the math world

awe..Merry Christmas to both of you....it is coming soon, right?

------------------------
drunk is good.

Old Post 12-11-2000 03:59 PM
juliet is offline Click Here to See the Profile for juliet Click here to Send juliet a Private Message Find more posts by juliet Add juliet to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HELL
euphorbia's bad side

I say you guys come on over and bring the kids. Ill make clear egg nog.

Old Post 12-11-2000 04:03 PM
juliet
ruler of the math world

clear eggnog? (don't have any kids) but, I'll come over anyways! It's not very Christmas-like here in Florida. Yesterday, I was wearing a spaghetti strap top, nope, no coat, nothing like that. The city tries to decorate the streets with little lit up Christmas trees over the roads, it doesn't help much. One of these years I'm going to spend the holidays in a northern place, where it gets cold, and people drive around with wreaths on the fronts of their bumbers (i've heard about that), and hot chocolate has a purpose.

------------------------
drunk is good.

Old Post 12-11-2000 04:35 PM
Princess_Chelle
no thank you

ill bring the hooka

Old Post 12-11-2000 04:35 PM
MstrG
The Talamasca

A lot of the Mannheim Steamroller stuff has received too much air play now, but there are sill some gems out there. One in the in-between category is their "Silent Night".

------------------------
SETI@Home: join us!

Old Post 12-11-2000 04:37 PM
MstrG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MstrG Click here to Send MstrG a Private Message Visit MstrG's homepage! Find more posts by MstrG Add MstrG to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HELL
euphorbia's bad side

quote:
Originally posted by MstrG:
A lot of the Mannheim Steamroller stuff has received too much air play now, but there are sill some gems out there. One in the in-between category is their "Silent Night".

Thanks G.

juliet, clear egg nog=spiced rum

Old Post 12-11-2000 04:45 PM
Goatboy
the anticlimax

I think Nina Simone might have a couple of good jazz versions of christmas songs.

------------------------
A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Old Post 12-11-2000 04:45 PM
Goatboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Goatboy Click here to Send Goatboy a Private Message Find more posts by Goatboy Add Goatboy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
karen
Lesser Satan

I like most any blues, motown, or jazz style of Xmas song.
If you like any of those styles, just do a search on particular artists with the word Xmas or Christmas written in the song box.

I dont know if all of these have done Xmas songs, but you could search on these names, too:

Etta James
Billie Holiday
Nat King Cole
Gladys Knight
Marvin Gaye
Stevie Wonder
and Tori Amos has plenty of Xmas songs too.

I have her version of Little Drummer Boy(do a search for this), etc.

------------------------
http://asylumwhores.com/karen
What are regrets?
Just lessons we havent learned yet.

Old Post 12-11-2000 05:38 PM
karen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for karen Click here to Send karen a Private Message Find more posts by karen Add karen to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jyates
BagOfUgly

I never heard nina sing any christmass songs. and as for the weather hear in texas the weather man said that it was going to get cold real cold 9 degrees but right now its 64 so I think the fucker lied to me again so to night me and the wife are going to go throw the weather man a blankett party and beat his ass.

Old Post 12-11-2000 05:39 PM
Jyates is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jyates Click here to Send Jyates a Private Message Find more posts by Jyates Add Jyates to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
karen
Lesser Satan

Also.. some people dont like her, but Karen Carpenter has some really beautiful Christmas songs out there, as does Judy Garland.

------------------------
http://asylumwhores.com/karen
What are regrets?
Just lessons we havent learned yet.

Old Post 12-11-2000 05:39 PM
karen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for karen Click here to Send karen a Private Message Find more posts by karen Add karen to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite
wallet.dat is where it at

That Anheim Steamroller one is pretty darn cool.

------------------------
"Your experiment this week, Joel, is called Pod People. It has nothing to do with pods, it has nothing to do with people, it has everything to do with *hurting*." - Dr. Forrester, MST3K

'Living is just the process of preparing to be dead for a very long time." - Faulkner

Old Post 12-11-2000 07:18 PM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HELL
euphorbia's bad side

whew...done..

List:

#1-JOHN LENNON-so this is Christmas

#2-ACUSTIC CHORUS-o come all ye faithful

#3-HARRY CONIC JR.-let it snow

#4-J. HENDRIX-angels we have heard on high

#5-BRENDA LEE-rockin around the Christmas tree

#6-ADAM SANDLER-Hanukah song

#7-NAT KING COLE-the first noel

#8-M.CAREY-hark the herald

#9-BING CROSBY-do you hear what I hear?

#10-BURL IVES-it came upon a midnight clear

#11-JEWEL-oh little town of Bethlehem

#12-FRANK SINATRA-have yourself a merry little Christmas

the HENDRIX song is bad ass.
thanks for all the help.

Old Post 12-11-2000 08:16 PM
Paint CHiPs
Smartest Man in the World

I have always loved Bing Crosby and David Bowie doing Little Drummer Boy. They just harmonize so damned well.

Old Post 12-11-2000 10:28 PM
Paint CHiPs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paint CHiPs Click here to Send Paint CHiPs a Private Message Visit Paint CHiPs's homepage! Find more posts by Paint CHiPs Add Paint CHiPs to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Postmodgirl
quivering arshle

Check out Dar Williams ' the Christians and the Pagans'

Great x-mas song, cracks me up!

------------------------
post·mod·ern
post·mod·ern or post-mod·ern (pst-mdrn)
adj.
Of or relating to art, architecture, or literature that reacts against earlier modernist principles, as by reintroducing traditional or classical elements of style or by carrying modernist styles or practices to extremes

Old Post 12-11-2000 10:32 PM
Postmodgirl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Postmodgirl Click here to Send Postmodgirl a Private Message Visit Postmodgirl's homepage! Find more posts by Postmodgirl Add Postmodgirl to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flocat
PINKO

Umm, there's this one song called "River" I like it. There's this band called Travis. They did a nice version of it. I don't know if it's on Napster or not. U2 has done a Christmas song that's nice. For a retro-jazzy, neo thing, there's the Eels' "Everything's gonna be cool this Christmas" For some funny stuff, there's the Jimeniem song "Stanley" I know that's on Napster. It was written and performed by Jimmy Kimmel from "The Man Show" and "Win Ben Stein's Money." It's a parody of Stan from Eminem. It's just funny stuff...nothing you'd want to play around kids though. Ok, bye.

------------------------
Whenever you see someone struggling to be free,look in their eyes and you'll see me.

Old Post 12-11-2000 10:39 PM
flocat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flocat Click here to Send flocat a Private Message Visit flocat's homepage! Find more posts by flocat Add flocat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote