The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > WIT - Whore Institute of Technology > What voice recognition software is the best?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
SignorMonsanto
Fluffy Bunny

What voice recognition software is the best?

Hey is Dragon ( http://www.nuance.com/naturallyspeaking/ ) still the standard in voice recognition software? Anyone have the new version? Does it work?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-14-2006 07:56 PM
SignorMonsanto is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SignorMonsanto Click here to Send SignorMonsanto a Private Message Find more posts by SignorMonsanto Add SignorMonsanto to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

Don't know which is best, but I currently use Dragon NaturallySpeaking 8.0 from Nuance, and am very satisfied with it. In addition to working very well to produce Word documents, it allows me to write posts, chat in IRC, etc.

I strongly reccomend it.

Old Post 11-14-2006 08:15 PM
SimpleSimon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SimpleSimon Click here to Send SimpleSimon a Private Message Find more posts by SimpleSimon Add SimpleSimon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rokkr
Completely Wack

It spells recommend wrong though.

Old Post 11-14-2006 09:12 PM
Rokkr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rokkr Click here to Send Rokkr a Private Message Find more posts by Rokkr Add Rokkr to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fubar
mud falcon

quote:
Originally posted by Rokkr
It spells recommend wrong though.

asshole pernt for Rokkr.

Old Post 11-14-2006 10:10 PM
fubar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fubar Click here to Send fubar a Private Message Find more posts by fubar Add fubar to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SignorMonsanto
Fluffy Bunny

quote:
Originally posted by SimpleSimon
Don't know which is best, but I currently use Dragon NaturallySpeaking 8.0 from Nuance, and am very satisfied with it. In addition to working very well to produce Word documents, it allows me to write posts, chat in IRC, etc.

I strongly reccomend it.

That's cool, how accurate is it? 9.0 says it doesn't need training, did you need to train yours?

Old Post 11-16-2006 02:32 AM
SignorMonsanto is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SignorMonsanto Click here to Send SignorMonsanto a Private Message Find more posts by SignorMonsanto Add SignorMonsanto to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

quote:
Originally posted by SignorMonsanto
That's cool, how accurate is it? 9.0 says it doesn't need training, did you need to train yours?
Don't know about the training requirements of the software in v9.0. v8.0 did require some training, about an hour or so. I, on the other hand, am still learning what it can do or be used for.

As an example, I used it for voice command control of navigation around my desktop, starting and shutting down programs, today.

Old Post 11-16-2006 02:57 AM
SimpleSimon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SimpleSimon Click here to Send SimpleSimon a Private Message Find more posts by SimpleSimon Add SimpleSimon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SignorMonsanto
Fluffy Bunny

That's pretty cool. Can you set any words you want for that? Like, can you tell it that "sportmonkey" means "open" and "hellfire" means shutdown?

Old Post 11-17-2006 07:48 PM
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

quote:
Originally posted by SignorMonsanto
That's pretty cool. Can you set any words you want for that? Like, can you tell it that "sportmonkey" means "open" and "hellfire" means shutdown?

I do not know anything about command customization - I just followed the command structure prompts. Like I said, I am still learning to use the software.

I can tell you this, however - the more you use it, the better it gets at understanding your voice, and even more interestingly, it begins to learn your habits of speech and will anticipate your normal word choices and usage to some degree.

Old Post 11-17-2006 07:55 PM
SignorMonsanto
Fluffy Bunny

quote:
Originally posted by SimpleSimon

I can tell you this, however - the more you use it, the better it gets at understanding your voice, and even more interestingly, it begins to learn your habits of speech and will anticipate your normal word choices and usage to some degree.

That's kind of scary! And very cool. I wonder how they make Dragon so smart. I wonder if it's the same kind of evolutionary programming that they're using in computer vision.

Old Post 11-24-2006 08:19 PM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

I can't use voice recognition cause my voice changes with my multiple personality changes.

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 11-26-2006 03:38 AM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rokkr
Completely Wack

I just installed DNS, but I had to teach it to understand fuck.

Old Post 11-26-2006 03:47 AM
Rokkr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rokkr Click here to Send Rokkr a Private Message Find more posts by Rokkr Add Rokkr to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

quote:
Originally posted by Large Filipino
I can't use voice recognition cause my voice changes with my multiple personality changes.

Oh, bullshit, LF. Just let each personality have a bit of time to run through the training exercises. Doesn't take long.

Old Post 11-26-2006 01:27 PM
SignorMonsanto
Fluffy Bunny

lol I wonder just how many personalities one can have. Anyway I finally bought a copy of Dragon and it recognized me straight outta the box. So I'd imagine it wouldn't matter if I had different personalities. It is getting better and more accurate, though, so I guess it's learning from me, but I didn't need to train it.

Old Post 11-27-2006 07:35 PM