The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > Student expelled for high school Counter-Strike map
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Dacarlo
ex-member

Student expelled for high school Counter-Strike map

Hahhahahahhaaa
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/0...ap_texasschool/

I laugh and point in their general direction. Fuckin numpties.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-04-2007 09:57 AM
Dacarlo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dacarlo Find more posts by Dacarlo Add Dacarlo to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Avondale
oh hello

wow

haha, a guy at my highschool made a counterstrike map of our school too. or maybe it was a different game -- that may have been before counterstrike was around. i'm thinking it may have been quake2

Old Post 05-04-2007 12:14 PM
Avondale is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Avondale Click here to Send Avondale a Private Message Find more posts by Avondale Add Avondale to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dogcow
brucoš

boston is still trying to get a un resolution to bomb that guy.

Old Post 05-04-2007 12:41 PM
dogcow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dogcow Click here to Send dogcow a Private Message Find more posts by dogcow Add dogcow to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

Ft. Bend county is the most yuppified county in the state, and one of the most politically corrupt. It has a huge and rapidly growing asian population which has been producing ever increasing political challenges to the down-home Texas good ole boy network that has dominated it for so long - people like Tom Delay, from Sugarland, which is the largest city in the county.

The school board's action is unsurprising.

Old Post 05-04-2007 01:21 PM
SimpleSimon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SimpleSimon Click here to Send SimpleSimon a Private Message Find more posts by SimpleSimon Add SimpleSimon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SatansLeftHand
buttercup

this part bugs the shit out of me.

quote:
The police found nothing illegal in the student's bedroom, but confiscated five decorative swords in the search.
anyone else see the problem here?

Old Post 05-04-2007 01:23 PM
SatansLeftHand is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SatansLeftHand Click here to Send SatansLeftHand a Private Message Find more posts by SatansLeftHand Add SatansLeftHand to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

quote:
Originally posted by SatansLeftHand
this part bugs the shit out of me.anyone else see the problem here?
If they were removed with parental consent, no problem.

Old Post 05-04-2007 01:26 PM
SimpleSimon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SimpleSimon Click here to Send SimpleSimon a Private Message Find more posts by SimpleSimon Add SimpleSimon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SatansLeftHand
buttercup

"confiscated" implies that they just sort of took them. if the parents didn't want the kid to have decorative swords in his room, why did he have them? sounds like a goddamn robbery.

Old Post 05-04-2007 01:30 PM
SatansLeftHand is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SatansLeftHand Click here to Send SatansLeftHand a Private Message Find more posts by SatansLeftHand Add SatansLeftHand to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

Police confiscate or seize, they don't steal. Ask them, they'll tell you - if they do it, it ain't a crime.

Old Post 05-04-2007 01:33 PM
Talarohk
Quaffmaster

Do they have to show some sort of reason for the confiscation? Can it be challenged after the fact?

Old Post 05-04-2007 03:22 PM
Talarohk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Talarohk Click here to Send Talarohk a Private Message Visit Talarohk's homepage! Find more posts by Talarohk Add Talarohk to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mordecai

No and Yes.

-m

Old Post 05-04-2007 03:52 PM
Mordecai is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mordecai Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Add Mordecai to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tray
confidence trickster

The reason is that they're weapons. Someone made a Doom map of my high school way back in the day. That was pretty cool.

There's been a big to-do at my old high school the past couple of weeks. Good stuff.

Old Post 05-04-2007 08:55 PM
Tray is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tray Click here to Send Tray a Private Message Visit Tray's homepage! Find more posts by Tray Add Tray to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mordecai

quote:
Originally posted by Tray
The reason is that they're weapons.

So is his furniture, did they take that?

-m

Old Post 05-04-2007 10:28 PM
Mordecai is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mordecai Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Add Mordecai to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SatansLeftHand
buttercup

i'd just like to point out that 5 swords, depending on quality and whether or not they're actually decorations or just used as such, could have a value ranging between $300-$100,000. in any case, i'd be pissed as hell at the confiscation.

Old Post 05-05-2007 12:56 AM
Tefl
Reality Theorist

Wish I could find another copy of melon's Wizo Massacre game. I have a copy here somewhere but I'll be damned if I know where.

Old Post 05-05-2007 02:01 AM
Tefl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tefl Click here to Send Tefl a Private Message Find more posts by Tefl Add Tefl to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vyper
Psychodynamic

quote:
Originally posted by SatansLeftHand
this part bugs the shit out of me.anyone else see the problem here?

What gets me is the next line:

Sword ownership rights have been under heavy fire since they were determined to be the leading cause of death during the Siege of Acre in the third crusade.

Old Post 05-05-2007 03:44 AM
Vyper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vyper Click here to Send Vyper a Private Message Find more posts by Vyper Add Vyper to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mmmtravis
stealthy ninja

quote:
Originally posted by Vyper
What gets me is the next line:

Sword ownership rights have been under heavy fire since they were determined to be the leading cause of death during the Siege of Acre in the third crusade.

Hahaha, that's the line I was going to quote too.

The next one:

"School officials determined, due to the violent nature of the video game, the iron-age WMD (weapon of mass decapitation) and other undisclosed information, the matter should be classified as a "Level 3" situation."

What the fuck? What kind of monkeys do they have jumping on typewriters over at the register?

Old Post 05-06-2007 12:20 PM
mmmtravis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mmmtravis Click here to Send mmmtravis a Private Message Visit mmmtravis's homepage! Find more posts by mmmtravis Add mmmtravis to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nutrimentia
plata o plomo

My high school's floor plan was created by a game map designer, I'm sure of it. Classrooms in the "circle", three floors high, with an inner corridor connecting all the rooms. The gyms and activity rooms (band, photography labs, shop, art, cafeteria, locker rooms, auditorium) were in the "square" and had connecting hallways all over. It was like a maze. The first time I played a FPS and learned that you could make your own maps, I immediately wanted to make one of my former school. Never did get a hold of a Mac map editor though, so it never got made.

Old Post 05-06-2007 02:15 PM
Nutrimentia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nutrimentia Click here to Send Nutrimentia a Private Message Visit Nutrimentia's homepage! Find more posts by Nutrimentia Add Nutrimentia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote