The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > WIT - Whore Institute of Technology > Chat???
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Freezee
Iconic whining redneck

Technology Chat???

OK, I admit. I'm not real literate in this arena. Can someone clue me in as to why I can't seem to chat? The window is up and it says applet chat started. And it says I'm connected.... Yet no text appears? Not even text I input???
If this thing had a chevy motor in it I bet I'd be able to figure it out!
XOXO

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-23-2007 07:12 AM
Freezee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Freezee Click here to Send Freezee a Private Message Find more posts by Freezee Add Freezee to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Freezee
Iconic whining redneck

Correction: I guess it doesn't say connected. It says connecting... how long u suppose that will take?

Old Post 07-23-2007 07:14 AM
Freezee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Freezee Click here to Send Freezee a Private Message Find more posts by Freezee Add Freezee to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

Go download mIRC or some similar chat client, then use it to sign in. The server is galt.asylumnation.com, the channel is #wota. It is pretty quiet in there right now.

Old Post 07-23-2007 07:32 AM
SimpleSimon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SimpleSimon Click here to Send SimpleSimon a Private Message Find more posts by SimpleSimon Add SimpleSimon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Freezee
Iconic whining redneck

ahh ok. Maybe Ill try later. To be blatantly honest I don't know what mIRC is but Im sure Ill figure it out.
Thank U!

Old Post 07-23-2007 07:35 AM
Freezee
Iconic whining redneck

hmmm... Okay. Downloaded and installed mIRC. Then I got confused. A window pops up and with a list of servers, but no galt.asylumnation.com? Tried to add it but it didnt take. Am I doing something wrong?

Old Post 07-23-2007 07:52 AM
Freezee
Iconic whining redneck

Ok I think Im in.... Situation neutralized.
Thank you for your help SimpleSimon!

Old Post 07-23-2007 07:58 AM