The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Polėticās der Mondé > Bush's Plan to Bankrupt Social Security
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
ericdubay
Adorable Pussycat

Bush's Plan to Bankrupt Social Security

Bush's Plan to Bankrupt Social Security

The Social Security system has been a safety net for the middle class since the Great Depression of the 1930s. Now, President George W. Bush is trying to burden it with incredible costs by giving millions of illegal aliens Social Security benefits to which they are not entitled. This so-called "Totalization" plan would bankrupt the system just as our baby-boom generation retires. A 2003 Government Accountability Office (GAO) report warned that the cost to U.S. taxpayers is likely to be vastly higher than official estimates.

Bush made this secret plan with Mexico in June 2004, and we know about it now because of a Freedom of Information lawsuit filed by TREA Senior Citizens League, a million-member seniors advocacy group.

Senator John Ensign (R-NV) and Rep. Barbara Cubin (R-WY) have introduced a bill to require Totalization agreements to be treated like bilateral trade agreements, and go into effect only if affirmatively passed by both Houses of Congress. Unless this bill passes, the Totalization agreement will automatically become law without congressional action.

Totalization is part and parcel of the Council on Foreign Relations five-year plan for the "establishment by 2010 of a North American economic and security community" with a common "outer security perimeter." The 59-page CFR document (which can claim Bush Administration approval because it is posted on a U.S. State Department website) demands that we "implement the Social Security Totalization Agreement negotiated between the United States and Mexico."

Totalization would allow millions of illegal Mexican workers to collect U.S. benefits based on their U.S earnings under false or stolen Social Security numbers plus virtual earnings in Mexico. American citizens must work ten years to be eligible for Social Security benefits, but the Totalization agreement would allow Mexicans to qualify with only 18 months of work in the United States, and pretend to make up the difference by assuming work and tax payments in Mexico.

The United States has totalization agreements with 21 other countries in order to assure a pension to those few individuals who work in two countries (legally, of course) by "totalizing" their payments into the pension systems of both countries. All existing totalization agreements are with industrialized nations whose retirement systems are on a parity with ours.

Mexican retirement benefits are not remotely equal to U.S. benefits. Americans receive benefits after working for 10 years, but Mexicans have to work 24 years before receiving any benefits. Mexican workers receive back in retirement only what they actually paid in plus interest, whereas the U.S. Social Security system is skewed to give lower-wage earners benefits greatly in excess of what they and their employers contributed.

Mexico has two different retirement programs, one for public-sector employees, which is draining the national treasury, and one for private-sector workers, which covers only 40% of the workforce. Most of the Mexicans who illegally entered the United States previously lived in poverty, where they were unemployed, or worked in the off-the-record economy, or worked for employers who did not pay taxes into a retirement system.

The Bush totalization plan would lure even more Mexicans into the United States illegally in the hope of amnesty and eligibility for Social Security benefits for themselves, as well as for their spouses and dependents who may never have lived in the United States.

Learn about the North American Union: www.amerocurrency.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-09-2007 07:11 AM
ericdubay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ericdubay Click here to Send ericdubay a Private Message Visit ericdubay's homepage! Find more posts by ericdubay Add ericdubay to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Freezee
Iconic whining redneck

Speaking of Social Security, I received my first SS statement in the mail last week. It says that I now qualify for benefits. How is that determined? Is it because I earned a certain dollar amount, or put in a certain amount? Or does it mean that I'm just...... old?

Old Post 08-09-2007 10:33 AM
Freezee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Freezee Click here to Send Freezee a Private Message Find more posts by Freezee Add Freezee to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FuhQall
High Flyer

Old, and if that wasn't bad enough for your self-esteem, you now qualify to become a socially draining degenerate.

Imagine having qualified to become a degenerate, you should have access to the pot before you pay enough into it, kind of defeats the purpose.

Old Post 08-09-2007 10:44 AM
FuhQall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FuhQall Click here to Send FuhQall a Private Message Find more posts by FuhQall Add FuhQall to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Freezee
Iconic whining redneck

hmm. Sounds tempting.

Old Post 08-09-2007 10:52 AM
Freezee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Freezee Click here to Send Freezee a Private Message Find more posts by Freezee Add Freezee to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

Yeah, Social Security was on a really sound footing before Bush took office. That bastard.

Old Post 08-09-2007 03:56 PM
Trenchant_Troll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trenchant_Troll Click here to Send Trenchant_Troll a Private Message Find more posts by Trenchant_Troll Add Trenchant_Troll to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Talarohk
Quaffmaster

In my current job, I pay into CalSTRS, the California state teachers' retirement system, instead of social security. I hadn't paid enough into Social Security to qualify for benefits before I took this job, and so--assuming I keep this job--I will never receive Social Security. But that's OK, since CalSTRS is something like 99% solvent against future obligations, and so I will hopefully get my pension even in Social Security collapses.

Old Post 08-09-2007 04:13 PM
Talarohk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Talarohk Click here to Send Talarohk a Private Message Visit Talarohk's homepage! Find more posts by Talarohk Add Talarohk to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

Not if they find those bodies buried in your backyard.

Old Post 08-09-2007 05:54 PM
Trenchant_Troll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trenchant_Troll Click here to Send Trenchant_Troll a Private Message Find more posts by Trenchant_Troll Add Trenchant_Troll to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cruise Director
nobody special

quote:
Originally posted by Freezee
Speaking of Social Security, I received my first SS statement in the mail last week. It says that I now qualify for benefits. How is that determined? Is it because I earned a certain dollar amount, or put in a certain amount? Or does it mean that I'm just...... old?

I believe it is based on longevity of paying in to the fund. You have to work so many "quarters" to get benefits. The amount you can receive is based on what you have earned and paid in.

Old Post 08-09-2007 06:10 PM
Cruise Director is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cruise Director Click here to Send Cruise Director a Private Message Find more posts by Cruise Director Add Cruise Director to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote