The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Images Of Desanctity > my new best friend
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
creepy uncle
Anal oops

my new best friend

at work today i found this little guy, he's a bobtail lizard aka bluetongue lizard.

they come in two varieties:
mellow, almost tame and you can pick them up
or
evil hissing, bite your fucking finger off version.

guess which version this one was?
yep, the latter....

i have heard they can latch onto you with their powerful jaws and are a real bastard to get off your skin. i certainly approached 'bob' with caution and managed to get on his good side with some apple which he certainly enjoyed.

to get an idea of his size, i would say he is about a foot long or 12 inches.

i played about with him for awhile at work after he'd eaten, touching him and stroking him till he seemed to stop hissing at me.
i would of released him, but there really wasn't anywhere suitable where i was working in the middle of suburbia.
in fact, i'm buggered if i know how got there in the first place.
luckily my backyard is an overgrown clusterfuck of neglect, the perfect environment for my new friend.
he will be perfectly safe and happy there with lots of bugs and insects to gorge on.

look, he is my friend now and will let me pick him up!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-11-2007 09:57 AM
creepy uncle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for creepy uncle Click here to Send creepy uncle a Private Message Find more posts by creepy uncle Add creepy uncle to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cherry Yidaki
upgraded from "dead"

Way fucking cool, man! You get a class and a unicorn heart for that - plus big personal ups for someone who takes the time to succor the helpless and lost. Sure, we sometimes eat them, but what do they fucking expect, eh?

This is me and one of my favorite little foundlings from years ago.

Attachment: bearback.jpg
This has been downloaded 109 time(s).

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - pork product in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'!

Old Post 12-11-2007 12:06 PM
Cherry Yidaki is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cherry Yidaki Click here to Send Cherry Yidaki a Private Message Find more posts by Cherry Yidaki Add Cherry Yidaki to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coincidence
Counterfeit

Aww, you're all so cute and nice. You should name him Vermithrax Pejorative.

Old Post 12-11-2007 12:20 PM
Coincidence is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coincidence Click here to Send Coincidence a Private Message Visit Coincidence's homepage! Find more posts by Coincidence Add Coincidence to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
creepy uncle
Anal oops

quote:
Originally posted by Cherry Yidaki
Way fucking cool, man! You get a class and a unicorn heart for that - plus big personal ups for someone who takes the time to succor the helpless and lost. Sure, we sometimes eat them, but what do they fucking expect, eh?

This is me and one of my favorite little foundlings from years ago.

sweetnsour jesus, is that a fucking bear?
that pwns my lizard and then some.
how long did you hang on to it? is it still there with you, warming your feet? that is awesome cherry.

Old Post 12-11-2007 12:29 PM
creepy uncle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for creepy uncle Click here to Send creepy uncle a Private Message Find more posts by creepy uncle Add creepy uncle to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cherry Yidaki
upgraded from "dead"

It was about 10 years ago. I didn't keep him for long, though I wished I could have.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - pork product in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'!

Old Post 12-11-2007 01:20 PM
Cherry Yidaki is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cherry Yidaki Click here to Send Cherry Yidaki a Private Message Find more posts by Cherry Yidaki Add Cherry Yidaki to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PNG
you'd eat it

look at the fags' foundings, all i could feed as lost was a puppy yo
.. one uh [P] for both of you..

Old Post 12-11-2007 02:30 PM
PNG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PNG Click here to Send PNG a Private Message Find more posts by PNG Add PNG to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cruise Director
nobody special

The coolest thing I ever found was a scorpion when I lived in the desert. No big lizards.

Old Post 12-11-2007 04:31 PM
Cruise Director is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cruise Director Click here to Send Cruise Director a Private Message Find more posts by Cruise Director Add Cruise Director to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fubar
mud falcon

When I read the title, I was certain your new 'friend' was going to require three D-cell batteries.

You might want to start this guy out on AAAs and gradually work him up to Ds.

Old Post 12-11-2007 04:51 PM
fubar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fubar Click here to Send fubar a Private Message Find more posts by fubar Add fubar to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wonderaz
Sarky Bastard

I wouldn't set that skink free. it's worth a few bucks and isn't from your neck of the woods.

Old Post 12-11-2007 07:50 PM
wonderaz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wonderaz Click here to Send wonderaz a Private Message Visit wonderaz's homepage! Find more posts by wonderaz Add wonderaz to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dogcow
brucoš

yeh, might be an illegal alien from mexico. check if it speaks english.

Old Post 12-11-2007 07:56 PM
dogcow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dogcow Click here to Send dogcow a Private Message Find more posts by dogcow Add dogcow to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mugtoe
Scarred for Life

maybe. if it swam a few thousand miles

Old Post 12-11-2007 08:31 PM
Mugtoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mugtoe Click here to Send Mugtoe a Private Message Find more posts by Mugtoe Add Mugtoe to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

quote:
Originally posted by wonderaz
I wouldn't set that skink free. it's worth a few bucks and isn't from your neck of the woods.
Hmmm...

Well, wiki certainly thinks it is from western Australia.

Old Post 12-12-2007 12:06 AM
SimpleSimon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SimpleSimon Click here to Send SimpleSimon a Private Message Find more posts by SimpleSimon Add SimpleSimon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ignatz mouse
gone with the wind

I've rescued dogs, cats, birds, and bunnies, and maybe a squirrel or two ... but no lizards. And definitely no bears.

Old Post 12-12-2007 01:23 AM
ignatz mouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ignatz mouse Click here to Send ignatz mouse a Private Message Find more posts by ignatz mouse Add ignatz mouse to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cherry Yidaki
upgraded from "dead"

The squirrels sense your love of nuts.

Now, if you ever ended up eating one of those foundlings after euthanizing it, you will get a shiny, shiny pernt!

Attachment: youmustbenuts.jpg
This has been downloaded 60 time(s).

Old Post 12-12-2007 01:50 AM
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

Fucking tree rats.

Old Post 12-12-2007 01:53 AM
SimpleSimon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SimpleSimon Click here to Send SimpleSimon a Private Message Find more posts by SimpleSimon Add SimpleSimon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fubar
mud falcon

Most fun I ever had needlessly killing something was shooting a squirrel with a 30-06. I felt at least two inches longer after that.

Old Post 12-12-2007 08:25 PM
fubar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fubar Click here to Send fubar a Private Message Find more posts by fubar Add fubar to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cherry Yidaki
upgraded from "dead"

What's up with blue-tongued bab today, eh?

Attachment: bobtail.jpg
This has been downloaded 45 time(s).

Old Post 12-12-2007 08:25 PM
creepy uncle
Anal oops

quote:
Originally posted by Cherry Yidaki
What's up with blue-tongued bab today, eh?

i haven't seen him since i released him to the backyard. i hope he is doing well as i have grown quite attached to him.
i might start collecting them now that i have overcome my fear of handling them.
crikey.

Old Post 12-13-2007 02:41 AM
Cherry Yidaki
upgraded from "dead"

Put some stuff out you know he likes to eat or he won't hang around long.

Old Post 12-13-2007 02:58 AM