The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > blame for throwing opportunity?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Jeitarium
Scarred for Life

blame for throwing opportunity?

I know an Oxford UK trained lawyer from Bolivia, getting his MBA in the USA. His dad was the minister of finance in Bolivia and works at the world bank. He wants to go back to Bolivia, manage a shipping company and get into politics like his dad and live the life. He often talks about how great life is down there, with money, and how stupid the people are for supporting left wing politicians.

It's apparent to me that this guy has no intention of being the least bit altruistic and improving the life of Bolivians at all.

Can he be blamed for this since he was one of the few Bolivians to have this type of education? Or does he have no more of a duty and responsibility than you or I toward our fellow man?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-07-2008 09:12 AM
Jeitarium is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeitarium Click here to Send Jeitarium a Private Message Find more posts by Jeitarium Add Jeitarium to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reverend Blynd
Poker of Pork sword

Life is what you make it. But as for "duty and responsibility than you or I toward our fellow man" I think that shit got lost a long time ago among humans. This rotting, maggott infested shit hole of a planet we call home will never as a collective ban together. And for the human sake of proggresion almost everbody is out too help only themselves. Of coarse I will admit from time too time we have had great leaders and the people under them that had noble thoughts and idea's that would better then human race. But they all either died or lost site because of power. As for the turd pipe above. What ever makes him feel good do it. cause it probably won't effect much.

Old Post 02-07-2008 09:24 AM
Reverend Blynd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reverend Blynd Click here to Send Reverend Blynd a Private Message Find more posts by Reverend Blynd Add Reverend Blynd to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
creepy uncle
Anal oops

i wouldn't write him off, he could probably line you up some primo flake.

Old Post 02-07-2008 09:28 AM
creepy uncle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for creepy uncle Click here to Send creepy uncle a Private Message Find more posts by creepy uncle Add creepy uncle to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coincidence
Counterfeit

Some of the blame must sit with the esteemed UK and US institutions who failed to provide him with democratic ambitions while handing out degrees for money.

Old Post 02-07-2008 11:06 AM
Coincidence is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coincidence Click here to Send Coincidence a Private Message Visit Coincidence's homepage! Find more posts by Coincidence Add Coincidence to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thimbles worth of opinion
Symetrically challenged

Some of the blame must have to do with educated oligarchs who rape the country's finances through the usual channels of corruption and, because of the debt incurred, cause hyperinflation and general chaos.

Some of the blame has to go to educated oligarchs who borrow money from Washington financiers so they can subsidize projects which will make them rich, and this debt subject the country to the conditions of the debt which is usually the privatization of government services to American companies and the cutting of social spending on things like public education.

South American oligarchs are, for the most part, incredible dickheads.
There's a movie called "Our Brand is Crisis"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V3mE5beWuQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNpnd7xGlQk
about how American dickheads consultants like James Carville help these jerks in Bolivia get power through a polished message and media relations. Messages and media relations don't mean shit when people who have gotten the oligarch's shiv stuck in them multiple times don't believe the message and don't trust the media. That is why Evo Moralez, the one who originally lost to superior American branding, is now president. that is why people are voting for left leaners. Right wing / moderates had their chance to serve the people and blew it. In the political marketplace, their brand is heartless. Time and time again, they served bankers, not citizens.

Old Post 02-07-2008 02:05 PM
Thimbles worth of opinion is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thimbles worth of opinion Click here to Send Thimbles worth of opinion a Private Message Find more posts by Thimbles worth of opinion Add Thimbles worth of opinion to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote