The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Pads 'n Nads (& mousepads) > NBA Playoffs 08
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
mmmtravis
stealthy ninja

NBA Playoffs 08

Well, we're on day two. Not sure we've learned anything new.

The Spurs are still a bunch of whiners and floppers who know how to win a game. Duncan's 3 was impressive, though.

The Nuggets, Rockets, and Wizards are still fun teams to watch that are incapable of advancing in the playoffs.

As no one in America watched the Raptors/Magic game, not sure what we learned from that.

The Mavericks are still the least clutch team in the history of basketball.

The Pau Gasol trade is still fucking ridiculous. They don't even need Bynum it would seem. Odom looked awesome today, btw.
--

I like Detroit over Boston in the East, but I'm interested to watch Boston tonight against Atlanta, and I might very well recalculate after the game.

In the West, man, I dunno. The Lakers can beat the Spurs, the Suns might beat the Lakers, but the Spurs look like they are going to beat the Suns. Either one of those three could go the distance. If they play Detroit, San Antonio would win. The Lakers and the Suns would lose to Detroit, though, if I had to guess.

Anyway, this is less about predictions and more an effort to start discussion.
--

Either way, this friggin' fantastic NBA season, especially if it results in a Celtics/Lakers finals, has almost completely erased the taste of Tim Donaghy from everyone's mouth. David Stern is a very very lucky man.
--

Final thoughts, I'm most excited for the lottery. Wooo! Go Heat!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-21-2008 12:41 AM
mmmtravis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mmmtravis Click here to Send mmmtravis a Private Message Visit mmmtravis's homepage! Find more posts by mmmtravis Add mmmtravis to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mmmtravis
stealthy ninja

Something that is worth mentioning that I learned, at least:

Chris Paul really is that good.

Old Post 04-21-2008 01:03 AM
mmmtravis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mmmtravis Click here to Send mmmtravis a Private Message Visit mmmtravis's homepage! Find more posts by mmmtravis Add mmmtravis to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mmmtravis
stealthy ninja

I'm not really sweating Detroit's loss, I think they'll still close out Philly in six (though I'd love to see Philly win, just because I hate Detroit).

Also, can't tell if Boston was better than I thought or Atlanta is just that bad. Perhaps a bit of both...

Old Post 04-21-2008 11:46 AM
Vegas
15 = micropenis

John Hollinger will explain to you why Boston is going to the Finals (and probably going to win). Having watched them all year, yes, the Celtics are the best team in the East. They also whooped the West - heck, they did beat every team in the league this year.

The West is one big tossup. As much as Hollinger likes the winner of LA/Utah, I refuse to write off NO so easily, and the Spurs might suddenly look like a champion again.

Fearless prediction: McGrady will not lead his team to the second round.

Your whole "I dress like an office drone and act respectable and then sit on forum where we discuss urethra fucking and public torture" bit still creeps me out. I bet it would creep out your co-workers even more.

-m

Old Post 04-22-2008 01:50 AM
Vegas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas Click here to Send Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Vegas Add Vegas to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DevilMoon
passive stalker?

This is the part where the Pistons play like they don't care and barely hang on until they are eliminated and then tell us all along the way "if it ain't rough it ain't right."

Old Post 04-22-2008 03:16 AM
DevilMoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilMoon Click here to Send DevilMoon a Private Message Find more posts by DevilMoon Add DevilMoon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vegas
15 = micropenis

Travis, at least you don't have Mike Bibby on the Heat. He's looking like the ultimate suck right now.

Your whole "I dress like an office drone and act respectable and then sit on forum where we discuss urethra fucking and public torture" bit still creeps me out. I bet it would creep out your co-workers even more.

-m

Old Post 04-24-2008 01:38 PM
Vegas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas Click here to Send Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Vegas Add Vegas to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vegas
15 = micropenis

Philly up 2-1 after drubbing the Pistons over the head. The East could be even more over than I thought.

-m

Old Post 04-26-2008 03:01 AM
mmmtravis
stealthy ninja

Mike Bibby is terrible.

I still have Detroit in six, I think, but they are looking pretty disfunctional.

Old Post 04-26-2008 09:12 PM
Vegas
15 = micropenis

Bron Bron has lined up a 5-game series.

Detroit might be the only one having to go more than 5 to win. Could the Magic top them?

-m

Old Post 04-28-2008 03:51 AM
Vegas
15 = micropenis

Joe Johnson had one of those fourth quarters. Y'know, when you swear it was Jordan out there, knocking down every shot, even when three guys have their hands in his face. This season was supposed to be about Pierce/Garnett/Allen stepping it up and finishing off whomever in the fourth quarter, especially with a 10-point lead. 17 points in the final 12 minutes? Pathetic.

The upside to all this is that Atlanta has yet to prove they can win in Boston, and unless they do so the Celtics will still advance to the second round. Boston should still win in 6. Should. No guarantees.

-m

Old Post 04-29-2008 01:20 PM
mmmtravis
stealthy ninja

I agree they'll likely still win. But it's nice to see the chinks in their armor. I do, after all, have a chink fetish.

Old Post 04-29-2008 02:26 PM
DevilMoon
passive stalker?

Oh man. Pistons knock out the 76ers. Tigers sweep the Yankees in New York for the first time in 42 years and the Wings are up 4-1 on the Avs in the second for a potential sweep.

Old Post 05-02-2008 04:10 AM
DevilMoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilMoon Click here to Send DevilMoon a Private Message Find more posts by DevilMoon Add DevilMoon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DevilMoon
passive stalker?

quote:
Originally posted by DevilMoon
...and the Wings are up 4-1 on the Avs in the second for a potential sweep.

6-1

Old Post 05-02-2008 04:28 AM
mmmtravis
stealthy ninja

8-2.

I actually went to the Avs game tonight... boy, what a shitty time to drop 85 bucks on a hockey ticket. It was miserable, we left at the end of the second period (when the score was 7-1). Worst pro goal tending I've ever seen (and by two different guys, no less).

Go Dolphins!

Old Post 05-02-2008 09:26 AM
Vegas
15 = micropenis

Travis, that's better than if you had dropped $500 for a ticket to game 4 of the World Series, only to be surrounded by wimpering "Rockies" fans and a bunch of screaming lunatic drunk Irish Red Sox asshole fans.

-m

Old Post 05-02-2008 11:59 AM
mmmtravis
stealthy ninja

Actually, I tried my hardest to get tickets for the Rockies world series. Of course, that was only so I could resell them for a lot more money...

I don't care about CO sports enough to spend $500 on anything, ever.

Old Post 05-02-2008 10:52 PM
DevilMoon
passive stalker?

Whattt's the deeal with the Celtics? [/seinfeld voice.]

Old Post 05-03-2008 05:33 AM
mmmtravis
stealthy ninja

18-1!

Old Post 05-03-2008 08:15 AM
Vegas
15 = micropenis

quote:
Originally posted by mmmtravis
18-1!

I'd be far more traumatized by the Celtics losing to the Hawks in the first round than your good old "18-1" reminder. The two things I've learned from this series so far are:

1) The Celtics play like Gods at home

2) They won't have to play the Hawks in the second round

It should have been over in 5. That's the frustrating part - they'll win game 7, they'll advance, but they had the lead heading into the fourth quarter in both game 4 and game 6. It should be over. Game 4 was theirs, not so much game 6.

-m

Old Post 05-03-2008 04:29 PM
Vegas
15 = micropenis

I did not bother watching game 7. It was not worth watching.

I did watch the second half of Lakers/Jazz game 1. Man, the Lakers look phenomenal right now, and the Jazz have looked slightly less dominant than Hollinger made them out to be. By the way, his statistics said the Jazz would go to the Finals, but he picked the Lakers.

CP3 = Magic pt 2, except much shorter. That kid has been ready for the NBA playoffs since he was 9. I know it was only one game, but the Spurs looked a billion times worse than they did in any game against the Suns (I only saw highlights).

I still think the Magic will find a way to aggravate the Pistons. Go Howard go!

-m

Old Post 05-05-2008 11:20 PM
mmmtravis
stealthy ninja

I might actually start watching the playoffs again, if CP3 can knock the Spurs out of there. I refuse to watch the San Antonio Euro-Floppers play anymore.

Old Post 05-05-2008 11:28 PM
Vegas
15 = micropenis

The Euro-Floppers have yet to put up a fight against New Orleans. I think I'll start calling NO the True Jazz, and Utah the Pale Notes.

-m

Old Post 05-06-2008 01:11 PM
Vegas
15 = micropenis

After days of talk about how Garnett does not come up big in fourth quarters, how LeBron is king in tight games, game 1 came down to Garnett hitting a few huge shots in the final minutes and James choking repeatedly, including missing a layup with about 10 seconds to go that would have tied the game.

Neither team had a great game, and this might have been Cleveland's best chance to take one in Boston. Opportunity officially blown, and by James.

-m

Old Post 05-07-2008 04:01 AM
DevilMoon
passive stalker?

James = Overrated.

Old Post 05-07-2008 04:16 AM
mmmtravis
stealthy ninja

James had a terrible night, KG had a great night. It definitely hurts when the road team loses a close opening game. Usually deflates them for the series. James will get better, but so will Allen and Pierce.

I'm thinking Boston in 6. I hope I'm wrong.

Old Post 05-07-2008 04:36 AM