The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > The wiki band name game
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
billgerat
Hope-nosis

The wiki band name game

1 - Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to Random quotations: http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album. If you want to do this again, hit refresh to generate new quotes, because clicking the quotes link again will just give you the same quotes over and over again.

3 - Go to Flickr's 'explore the last seven days':
http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover. Put it all together, that's your debut album.

Mine:

Band - The Other Side

Album Title - Over Too Far Backward

Cover Art -

Last edited by billgerat on 10-30-2008 at 04:34 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-30-2008 12:44 AM
billgerat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for billgerat Click here to Send billgerat a Private Message Find more posts by billgerat Add billgerat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

Band: No Such Special Page
Album title: As A New User

Cover art:

Attachment: picture 1.png
This has been downloaded 157 time(s).

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 10-30-2008 12:53 AM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite
wallet.dat is where it at

Be prepared to have your fucking socks rocked off by the alternative-new age band Ah Lian. Their aggressively non-threatening and mellow sounds will have grandparents, soccer moms, and social conservatives around the country crying for their debut album "In Fact, They Do" to be banned and destroyed in massive burning ceremonies.

edit: Your random article link for Wikipedia is broken, bill. Also, that was the most awesome series of coincidences ever to create my album.

Old Post 10-30-2008 12:56 AM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brett
Say no to edit rape

Error - Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.

I am apparently in some kind electronic post-rock band.

(first link doesn't work, nor does the pic posted.)

Old Post 10-30-2008 12:59 AM
Brett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brett Click here to Send Brett a Private Message Find more posts by Brett Add Brett to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
billgerat
Hope-nosis

Your sig could be lyrics to their first single.

Old Post 10-30-2008 01:00 AM
billgerat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for billgerat Click here to Send billgerat a Private Message Find more posts by billgerat Add billgerat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite

The lyrics in my sig are from this song by The Giraffes.

Old Post 10-30-2008 01:08 AM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite

Woe unto those who do not pick up Sidon Soap Museum's second soul-crushing album "My Achievements Mock Me!" This up and coming emo band's follow up to 2006's "Mom You Just Don't Understand Me" brings a lot of emotional disturbance to the table this time around with tracks like the haunting "Why? Why Did You Dump Me?" to the angst power anthem "Stop Stuffing Me In My Locker, Steve!" and even switch things up with the upbeat pop-punk "I Guess Things Could Be Worse." If there is any weakness on this album, it is the loss of their drummer Dominic "Sad Clown" Rodriguez after a nasty spat with lead singer Johan "Conan" Johansenburg over who was the most sad. Dominic was replaced by Winger drummer Rod Morgenstein, but he doesn't bring the same deep and angry style that was Dominic's trademark. Look for this album at your local pretentious hipster record store in March 2009.

Old Post 10-30-2008 01:41 AM
Mokkori
Gnome

Band: Pevensey Levels

Album: But I repeat myself

Art:

Attachment: pevensy.jpg
This has been downloaded 155 time(s).

Old Post 10-30-2008 01:53 AM
Mokkori is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mokkori Click here to Send Mokkori a Private Message Find more posts by Mokkori Add Mokkori to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sillypsist
bizarromagnet

hey i really wanna hear this. i'm gonna start songwriting tomorro

Attachment: 2974617406_9f5963d199.jpg
This has been downloaded 154 time(s).

Old Post 10-30-2008 02:09 AM
sillypsist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sillypsist Click here to Send sillypsist a Private Message Find more posts by sillypsist Add sillypsist to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
billgerat
Hope-nosis

Band - Ethnicurean

Album Name - Sooner Die Than Think

Album Art -

Old Post 10-30-2008 04:20 AM
billgerat
Hope-nosis

Re: The wiki band name game

Strange.

Last edited by billgerat on 10-30-2008 at 04:33 AM

Old Post 10-30-2008 04:26 AM
billgerat
Hope-nosis

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Error - Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.

I am apparently in some kind electronic post-rock band.

(first link doesn't work, nor does the pic posted.)

I removed the periods at the end of each link, so it should work better now.

Old Post 10-30-2008 04:38 AM
Brett
Say no to edit rape

redone as the first link works

band - Tetanic Contractions

title - There ain't no such thing as wrong food.

cover:

Old Post 10-30-2008 05:43 AM
Brett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brett Click here to Send Brett a Private Message Find more posts by Brett Add Brett to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
karen
Lesser Satan

I'm pretty sure this means I win the thread.

Attachment: album.jpg
This has been downloaded 125 time(s).

Old Post 10-30-2008 06:02 AM
karen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for karen Click here to Send karen a Private Message Find more posts by karen Add karen to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
karen
Lesser Satan

quote was from:
"Oh, what a dear ravishing thing is the beginning of an Amour! "

Old Post 10-30-2008 06:03 AM
karen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for karen Click here to Send karen a Private Message Find more posts by karen Add karen to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite

Raška returns after a fifteen year hiatus to bring their post-hardcore sensibilities to a world of rock that has gone soft, and they will be teaching all the youngsters how to rock once again.

Old Post 10-30-2008 06:07 AM
karen
Lesser Satan

and another. mine seem to match up pretty well.

Attachment: album2.jpg
This has been downloaded 116 time(s).

Old Post 10-30-2008 06:23 AM
karen
Lesser Satan

this is fun.

Attachment: album2.jpg
This has been downloaded 115 time(s).

Old Post 10-30-2008 06:34 AM
cw
cuntacular wench

Attachment: bandcover1.jpg
This has been downloaded 115 time(s).

Old Post 10-30-2008 06:48 AM
cw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cw Click here to Send cw a Private Message Visit cw's homepage! Find more posts by cw Add cw to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
billgerat
Hope-nosis

I still think the Ah Lian cover is the best, but that cat face is fantastic!

SocialParasite

My pedo sense tingles.

cw
cuntacular wench

Attachment: bandcover2 copy.jpg
This has been downloaded 112 time(s).

Old Post 10-30-2008 07:05 AM
cw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cw Click here to Send cw a Private Message Visit cw's homepage! Find more posts by cw Add cw to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

Artist: Adelaide Beethoven

Album: ...but they never break

Attachment: album flower2.jpg
This has been downloaded 113 time(s).

Old Post 10-30-2008 07:24 AM
SimpleSimon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SimpleSimon Click here to Send SimpleSimon a Private Message Find more posts by SimpleSimon Add SimpleSimon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PNG
you'd eat it

Attachment: 2979065459_cdeeaa97f1_b.jpg
This has been downloaded 113 time(s).

Old Post 10-30-2008 08:44 AM
PNG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PNG Click here to Send PNG a Private Message Find more posts by PNG Add PNG to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lmposter
Kraft durch Freude

Sringaram~For The New Metaphors.

>

Old Post 10-30-2008 09:58 AM
lmposter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lmposter Click here to Send lmposter a Private Message Find more posts by lmposter Add lmposter to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote