The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Sensory Overload > Anime
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
taRANTula
Unemployed loser

Anime

I've been unemployed for the last few months and have really started getting into anime to fill in my time. I've been watching Naruto, Bleach, Ninja Scroll, Elfen Lied and Full Metal Alchemist. I'd appreciate some suggestions of other titles to check out. Thanks.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-01-2009 05:04 PM
taRANTula is offline Click Here to See the Profile for taRANTula Click here to Send taRANTula a Private Message Find more posts by taRANTula Add taRANTula to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brett
Say no to edit rape

Pokemon

Old Post 01-01-2009 05:10 PM
Brett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brett Click here to Send Brett a Private Message Find more posts by Brett Add Brett to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hawley Griffin
.308 winchester

movies:
howl's moving castle
ghost in the shell
patlabor 2 (do not under any circumstances watch patlabor 1, its fucking horrible)
Jin-Roh - The Wolf Brigade
spirited away
paprika
Evangelion 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone (this is a remake of the original story. much better imo, less whining)
Princess Mononoke

tv shows:
Azumanga Daioh

Old Post 01-01-2009 05:14 PM
Hawley Griffin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hawley Griffin Click here to Send Hawley Griffin a Private Message Find more posts by Hawley Griffin Add Hawley Griffin to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
creepy uncle
Anal oops

wicked city

Old Post 01-01-2009 07:45 PM
creepy uncle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for creepy uncle Click here to Send creepy uncle a Private Message Find more posts by creepy uncle Add creepy uncle to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lou
dude with 3 tits

God elfen lied sucked ass so much, it was good in the beginning but it went apeshit after a few episodes, especially if you like teazing CP anime this shit is made for you.

On another note, ghost in the shell stand alone complex good stuff.Got the dvd box orginal cause it was fucking worth every penny. The 3 movies are even better though.

i give you captor sakura

enjoy...

Old Post 01-01-2009 08:11 PM
Lou is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lou Click here to Send Lou a Private Message Find more posts by Lou Add Lou to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite
wallet.dat is where it at

I stopped watching animes when I realized how god awful retarded 99% of it was.

Old Post 01-01-2009 08:25 PM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gunstar_Hobo
batshit over the line

quote:
Originally posted by taRANTula
I've been unemployed for the last few months and have really started getting into anime to fill in my time.

Wowcraft isn't enough?

I haven't bought any in years because it costs too damn much but I liked:

Excel Saga - Pretty much a ridiculous parody of anime.
Giant Robo - Busted this out last week and it seems a little cheesy now but when I first saw it as a youngster it was unlike anything else.
Sword of the Berserk - Swords!
Outlaw Star - Yes
Ranma 1/2 - Boy turns into girl. Hilarity ensues. AND A PANDA

Old Post 01-02-2009 01:40 AM
Gunstar_Hobo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gunstar_Hobo Click here to Send Gunstar_Hobo a Private Message Find more posts by Gunstar_Hobo Add Gunstar_Hobo to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hawley Griffin
.308 winchester

The girl who leapt through time

a fantastic time traveling movie

Old Post 01-03-2009 08:35 PM
Hawley Griffin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hawley Griffin Click here to Send Hawley Griffin a Private Message Find more posts by Hawley Griffin Add Hawley Griffin to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
macker
Holy Me-el

AMV Hell 0-4

Old Post 01-04-2009 01:05 AM
macker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for macker Click here to Send macker a Private Message Visit macker's homepage! Find more posts by macker Add macker to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hawley Griffin
.308 winchester

quote:
Originally posted by macker
AMV Hell 0-4

good lord, this is both horrible and awesome at the same time

Old Post 01-04-2009 01:54 AM
taRANTula
Unemployed loser

quote:
Originally posted by Gunstar_Hobo
Wowcraft isn't enough?

I quit playing WoW. I got sick of alot of the cultural aspects in the game and sick of Blizzard constantly resetting everything with major class/theorycraft changes.

Old Post 01-04-2009 02:49 AM
taRANTula is offline Click Here to See the Profile for taRANTula Click here to Send taRANTula a Private Message Find more posts by taRANTula Add taRANTula to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
macker
Holy Me-el

quote:
Originally posted by Hawley Griffin
good lord, this is both horrible and awesome at the same time

Yup.

Old Post 01-04-2009 01:51 PM
macker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for macker Click here to Send macker a Private Message Visit macker's homepage! Find more posts by macker Add macker to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote