The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Polėticās der Mondé > Obama's health care reform
Pages (61): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

Obama's health care reform

I'm just scratching my head here. The man has been campaining this idea even getting some doctors together recently so they can butt heads. The naysayers are screaming Socialized Health Care is what Obama is after but he ensures that this isn't we all watch the news so we all know bla bla bla.

But then when you look at the millions of those without health care the reason why is they usually cannot afford health care.

So how the hell can any plan to help these folks be in any way competitive to those already paying 7 to 8 hundred dollars a month for a private insurance plan?

I hope Obama figures it out. But I'll be the first to say that if he comes up with a heath care plan that I would actually qualify for then bye bye having to pay Kaiser every month.

And private health care will crumble.

So what exactly is wrong with socialized medicine?

Besides spending money we don't have we can say this about everything but that aside,wouldn't it be nice to walk into a hospital,get well and even get a free taxi ride home with no bill like they do in Cuba Thank you Mike Myers for pointing this out?
And how about not having to pay for meds? And maybe stopping the pharmacutial places from having no limit to charging whatever they want for meds?

And think of all the money employers would save not having to get their employees medically covered.

And that in turn should point to better raises boosting your economy recession over.

I'm sure it's more complicated than this. But it shouldn't be.

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-16-2009 01:33 PM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fubar
mud falcon

Sounds idyllic, LF. It's a good thing that money grows on trees.

Old Post 06-16-2009 06:21 PM
fubar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fubar Click here to Send fubar a Private Message Find more posts by fubar Add fubar to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

Re: Obama's health care reform

quote:
Originally posted by Large Filipino
I'm sure it's more complicated than this. But it shouldn't be.

I can assure you that it is, and it should be.

Old Post 06-16-2009 07:47 PM
Trenchant_Troll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trenchant_Troll Click here to Send Trenchant_Troll a Private Message Find more posts by Trenchant_Troll Add Trenchant_Troll to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buddha's penis
has it all

the strangest thing about american opposition to health care reform is that old chestnut of a fact that despite not being particularly good for tose without money, the system there is one of (or is it the?) most expensive in the world. so, isn't it broken?

Old Post 06-16-2009 08:04 PM
buddha's penis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buddha's penis Click here to Send buddha's penis a Private Message Find more posts by buddha's penis Add buddha's penis to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

Depends on how you define expensive. What is your overall tax rate in Canada?

Old Post 06-16-2009 11:28 PM
Trenchant_Troll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trenchant_Troll Click here to Send Trenchant_Troll a Private Message Find more posts by Trenchant_Troll Add Trenchant_Troll to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thimbles worth of opinion
Symetrically challenged

Pretty good. You should ask what's the overall debt in Canada, especially when you consider we're paying half as much in tax payer dollars per person to support our "big government health care" program.

If you can afford the debt, I guess there's nothing wrong with overpaying for a shitty policy. And if businesses move to Canada because of the competitive healthcare costs and education, I guess that's okay too since you didn't need those jobs anyways. You're number 1. Don't bother with any real metrics, just keep the status quo system you've got and repeat, "we're number 1". Never admit the possibility that another country might have built a different system and built it better.
You can never lose that debate because, in your mind, you never had one.

Old Post 06-17-2009 03:30 AM
Thimbles worth of opinion is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thimbles worth of opinion Click here to Send Thimbles worth of opinion a Private Message Find more posts by Thimbles worth of opinion Add Thimbles worth of opinion to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Symetrically challenged

Re: Obama's health care reform

quote:
Originally posted by Large Filipino

Besides spending money we don't have we can say this about everything but that aside,wouldn't it be nice to walk into a hospital,get well and even get a free taxi ride home with no bill like they do in Cuba Thank you Mike Myers for pointing this out?

Michael Moore. Mike Meyers pointed out that the British had bad teeth and that the 60's were groovy baby, yeah.

Michael Moore is the communist.

Old Post 06-17-2009 03:33 AM
Thimbles worth of opinion is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thimbles worth of opinion Click here to Send Thimbles worth of opinion a Private Message Find more posts by Thimbles worth of opinion Add Thimbles worth of opinion to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Symetrically challenged

Watch:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front...01&continuous=1
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front...aroundtheworld/

Old Post 06-17-2009 03:37 AM
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

quote:
Originally posted by Thimbles worth of opinion
Pretty good. You should ask what's the overall debt in Canada, especially when you consider we're paying half as much in tax payer dollars per person to support our "big government health care" program.

If you can afford the debt, I guess there's nothing wrong with overpaying for a shitty policy. And if businesses move to Canada because of the competitive healthcare costs and education, I guess that's okay too since you didn't need those jobs anyways. You're number 1. Don't bother with any real metrics, just keep the status quo system you've got and repeat, "we're number 1". Never admit the possibility that another country might have built a different system and built it better.
You can never lose that debate because, in your mind, you never had one.

Mmmkay. What is your overall tax rate again?

Old Post 06-17-2009 07:38 AM
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

quote:
Watch:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front...01&continuous=1
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front...aroundtheworld/

The MSNBC before the was and MSNBC. Thanks.

Old Post 06-17-2009 07:39 AM
Symetrically challenged

quote:
Originally posted by Trenchant_Troll
Mmmkay. What is your overall tax rate again?

No, you can go play bigger dick, lower tax rate games if you want, but those games are irrelevant to the discussion.

You have a larger debt and a more expensive per capita public-funded healthcare program. You can't afford your shitty system anymore. You can either socialize the costs or let the costs bankrupt you.

Canada socialized the costs one way, other countries have done it other ways. Your way of making individuals and their employers pay a ransom for quality care, and subsidizing those who can't afford the ransom, is breaking down your system. Healthcare is your biggest cost driver. You don't have the option of ignoring that, though you do have the choice of being a Terminator and kicking everyone of the government dole, just like they're doing in California. If that is your choice, we'll see how that turns out for you.

But don't fucking pretend your current option is somehow better or less expensive. Cause it ain't on both fronts.

Old Post 06-17-2009 10:07 AM
Symetrically challenged

quote:
Originally posted by Trenchant_Troll
The MSNBC before the was and MSNBC. Thanks.

I hope you're covered for Alzheimer's. Make sense then submit reply, kthx.

Old Post 06-17-2009 10:08 AM
billgerat
Hope-nosis

When did making sense ever stop the Right before?

Old Post 06-17-2009 01:16 PM
billgerat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for billgerat Click here to Send billgerat a Private Message Find more posts by billgerat Add billgerat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

Re: Re: Obama's health care reform

quote:
Michael Moore. Mike Meyers pointed out that the British had bad teeth and that the 60's were groovy baby, yeah.

Michael Moore is the communist.

Oh yea. That's right.

Our problem I believe is the greedy developments that allowed the pharmacuticals to go gansta on charging meds.

If Obama had some balls and cracked down on this trying to reverse this pirating of our hard earned money then he in theory should be able to out the congress men that vote "no" to it then suddenly we see who the real people are to the real politicians.

I would love to see that.

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 06-17-2009 01:20 PM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Symetrically challenged

Canadian drugs are cheap because we socialized medical insurance, then used the purchasing power of our entire nation to negotiate cheap deals, then some Canadians made a mint reselling American drugs to Americans at slightly marked up Canadian prices.

Who's got the better system again?

Old Post 06-17-2009 01:35 PM
buddha's penis
has it all

yeah, in this case i don't think it depends on how you define expensive. we have higher taxes, but that's really not the point. if it seems like it is somehow, you maybe shouldn't be allowed to vote anymore.

Old Post 06-17-2009 02:22 PM
buddha's penis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buddha's penis Click here to Send buddha's penis a Private Message Find more posts by buddha's penis Add buddha's penis to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

Don't worry, that is likely not all that far away.

Old Post 06-17-2009 04:08 PM
buddha's penis
has it all

thank god.

Old Post 06-17-2009 04:55 PM
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

You're welcome.

Old Post 06-17-2009 05:52 PM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

I'm sorry for sounding Anti American but Thimbles is right.
Jesus Christ man look at all the Americans getting their drugs from Canada.
I watched the High School speech Obama did last week I think it was in Nebraska or some other farmer redneck state where he says his plan can take 4 or 5 years to develop.
CHRIST if we just kicked the pharmaciducals in the butt we can cut that timeframe in half.
But too much greed out there.
Too much greed.
Would asking the pharmacudicals for let's say A 50% PROFIT MARGIN CAP too much?
Will they go under?
Hell no.
That's already more than most buisnesses a 30% profit margin is a well to do buisness.
I gotta do my research so I may be way off but I'm thinking these Pharmacutical companies are making a profit margin closer to 500%.

And as far as taxes go my wife pays for my Kaiser in full. Over 700 dollars is taken out of her check EVERY MONTH.

If we go socialized medicine and if they bump my taxes even 50% which I think is unlikely I'm STILL way ahead of the game. My wife's job don't have to ensure anyone we can actually see a doctor without worrying about that 20 dollar co pay that may or may not be in the bank she will see an extra 700 dollars in her pay check every month.

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Last edited by Large Filipino on 06-17-2009 at 06:31 PM

Old Post 06-17-2009 06:26 PM
Symetrically challenged

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dr...themselves-foot

quote:

An investigation by the House Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations showed that health insurers WellPoint Inc., UnitedHealth Group and Assurant Inc. canceled the coverage of more than 20,000 people, allowing the companies to avoid paying more than $300 million in medical claims over a five-year period.

It also found that policyholders with breast cancer, lymphoma and more than 1,000 other conditions were targeted for rescission and that employees were praised in performance reviews for terminating the policies of customers with expensive illnesses...

Rescission was largely hidden until three years ago, when The Times launched a series of stories disclosing that insurers routinely canceled the medical coverage of individual policyholders who required expensive medical care.

Sassi said rescissions are necessary to prevent people who lie about preexisting conditions from obtaining coverage and driving up costs for others.

"I want to emphasize that rescission is about stopping fraud and material misrepresentations that contribute to spiraling healthcare costs," Sassi told the committee.

But rescission victims testified that their policies were canceled for inadvertent omissions or honest mistakes about medical history on their applications. Rescission, they said, was about improving corporate profits rather than rooting out fraud.

"It's about the money," said Jennifer Wittney Horton, a Los Angeles woman whose policy was rescinded after failure to report a weight-loss medication she was no longer taking and irregular menstruation.

"Insurers ignore the law, and when they find a discrepancy or omission, they rescind the policy and refuse to pay any of your medical bills -- even for routine treatment or treatment they previously authorized," Horton said.

She and others from around the country accused insurers in testimony of gaming anti-fraud laws to take policyholders' premiums, only to drop people who developed serious illnesses. They testified that they or a deceased loved one had had policies canceled over innocent mistakes and inadvertent omissions on their applications.

A Texas nurse said she lost her coverage, after she was diagnosed with aggressive breast cancer, for failing to disclose a visit to a dermatologist for acne.

The sister of an Illinois man who died of lymphoma said his policy was rescinded for the failure to report a possible aneurysm and gallstones that his physician noted in his chart but did not discuss with him.

The committee's investigation found that WellPoint's Blue Cross targeted individuals with more than 1,400 conditions, including breast cancer, lymphoma, pregnancy and high blood pressure. And the committee obtained documents that showed Blue Cross supervisors praised employees in performance reviews for rescinding policies.

One employee, for instance, received a perfect 5 for "exceptional performance" on an evaluation that noted the employee's role in dropping thousands of policyholders and avoiding nearly $10 million worth of medical care...

Late in the hearing, Stupak, the committee chairman, put the executives on the spot. Stupak asked each of them whether he would at least commit his company to immediately stop rescissions except where they could show "intentional fraud."

The answer from all three executives:

"No."

But, on the other hand, Canada has higher taxes.

Old Post 06-18-2009 04:03 AM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

And that really hits home with not just me but I suspect members of my clan that have recently passed on because "there was nothing more they can do for them under their medicare/medicaid"

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 06-18-2009 04:16 AM
buddha's penis
has it all

holy shit, is that a thing people actually say?

Old Post 06-18-2009 03:37 PM
Symetrically challenged

I personally know someone who broke their ankle in Japan while on vacation visiting her son. She paid about 3000 dollars for in hospital care which was the price they charge without insurance. They put in screws which would take another surgical procedure to remove. She went back to the States after partial recovery and she went to have the screws removed.
The charge was going to be $20000. She had insurance.

She went back to Japan to have the second procedure done because it was cheaper to fly to Japan and stay in the hospital/hotel without national healthcare coverage than it was to do so in the states where she had "insurance" and her house to stay in.

One of the interesting reasons why coming up below in a big C/P.

Old Post 06-18-2009 04:16 PM
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

US doctor, "What the fuck did they put those screws in there for?"

Old Post 06-18-2009 04:49 PM