The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Polėticās der Mondé > The GOP begins to eat its young
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
billgerat
Hope-nosis

The GOP begins to eat its young

Delaware GOP Files FEC Complaint Against O'Donnell

By Steve Peoples | September 9, 2010 6:33 PM | Permalink | Comments (1)

The Republican Party of Delaware has filed a formal complaint with the Federal Election Commission, accusing one of its own Senate candidates of illegally collaborating with the Tea Party Express.

Attorneys for the state party asked the FEC to launch an immediate and thorough investigation into conservative GOP candidate Christine O'Donnell "to remedy the alleged violations and to ensure that these violations immediately cease and do not reoccur," according to the complaint filed Thursday.

O'Donnell, who faces Rep. Mike Castle in Tuesday's primary, came under fire from the state party shortly after tea-party backed candidate Joe Miller upset Sen. Lisa Murkowski in the Alaska GOP primary.

Following the Alaska race, the Tea Party Express redirected its efforts to Delaware. The organization's chairwoman Amy Kremer noted that 10 staffers are on site and vowed to spend $250,000 to help O'Donnell before the primary.

The complaint alleges that the O'Donnell campaign is "knowingly accepting illegal campaign contributions from the Tea Party Express PAC." It cites two "alarming" instances:

-- O'Donnell has knowingly accepted excessive contributions from the Tea Party Express that were directly solicited on behalf of the O'Donnell campaign, according to the filing.

-- O'Donnell has accepted illegal excessive contributions from the Tea Party Express by engaging in a statewide coordinated communications effort in support of her campaign. This means, according to the complaint, that every advertisement that is being run by the Tea Party Express in support of Ms. O'Donnell is a violation of Federal law.

The issue won't be resolved before Tuesday.

An FEC spokeswoman said it was "highly unlikely that the case could be expedited before the primary."

Delaware State GOP Chairman Tom Ross offered this statement:

"Christine O'Donnell needs to immediately call upon her third party supporters to cease and desist this illegal behavior," he said. "This type of behavior has no place in our political process, and O'Donnell should denounce these illegal ads. Donors deserve to know whether they made an illegal donation so they can demand a refund and get their money back."

Neither the Tea Party Express nor the O'Donnell campaign could not be reached immediately for comment.

http://blogs.cqpolitics.com/eyeon20...-illegal-c.html

Hopefully this will be the first shot in the coming Conservitard-Teabag Civil War.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-10-2010 03:40 AM
billgerat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for billgerat Click here to Send billgerat a Private Message Find more posts by billgerat Add billgerat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

Is the GOP starting to pull from the Tea Party now?

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 09-10-2010 03:58 AM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
euphorbia
caustic milk - hybrid

quote:
Originally posted by Large Filipino
Is the GOP starting to pull from the Tea Party now?

the tea party is a constitutional conservative thing, not a gop thing. Im not sure why that isnt clear to you.

Old Post 09-10-2010 04:28 AM
euphorbia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for euphorbia Click here to Send euphorbia a Private Message Visit euphorbia's homepage! Find more posts by euphorbia Add euphorbia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
billgerat
Hope-nosis

quote:
Originally posted by euphorbia
the tea party is a constitutional conservative thing, not a gop thing. Im not sure why that isnt clear to you.

The Tea Party is a creation of the ultra-conservative GOP wing, and mid-wived by FOX News, and taught to walk by Glenn Beck. If you think it has nothing to do with the GOP, obviously you are dumb as a rock.

Old Post 09-10-2010 06:09 AM
billgerat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for billgerat Click here to Send billgerat a Private Message Find more posts by billgerat Add billgerat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

Yes the Tea Party is a separate entity from the GOP but the GOP uses them like a tool.

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 09-10-2010 06:11 AM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
euphorbia
caustic milk - hybrid

quote:
Originally posted by billgerat
The Tea Party is a creation of the ultra-conservative GOP wing, and mid-wived by FOX News, and taught to walk by Glenn Beck. If you think it has nothing to do with the GOP, obviously you are dumb as a rock.

you are wrong, as usual. do you know how many tea parties there are? do you know what we talk about at our meetings? do you know anything about it aside from what people with motives tell you? youre talking out of your ass as usual and some in the GOP have as much to fear from us as the retardocrats

Old Post 09-10-2010 12:06 PM
euphorbia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for euphorbia Click here to Send euphorbia a Private Message Visit euphorbia's homepage! Find more posts by euphorbia Add euphorbia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
euphorbia
caustic milk - hybrid

Q: Is the tea party a political party?

A: No. The name plays on the 1773 Boston Tea Party, when colonists protested British efforts to tax tea imports and dumped tea into Boston Harbor. The modern tea party movement brought together Americans who were angry, among other things, about tax dollars going to federal bailouts of banks, automakers and mortgage holders, as well as massive stimulus spending in the wake of the financial crisis. When the movement first began, some tea party activists mailed tea bags to members of Congress to express their anger.

Q: What's their platform?

A: There's no universal platform. Common themes among tea party groups are deficit reduction, opposition to spending "earmarks," reducing the size of government, eliminating mandates and repealing Obama's health care expansion. In recent months, there have been some efforts to rally tea party activists against global warming policy. Social policy has not been central to the tea party movement, although there have been some efforts, including Fox commentator Glenn Beck's recent rally in Washington, to connect religion to the tea party movement.

Q: Who started the tea party movement and when?

A: There's no one founder. The movement came together in January and February of 2009, as President Obama took office. Rick Santelli of CBNC on Feb. 19 delivered a commentary from the Chicago Mercantile Exchange that went viral on the Internet, in which he ranted against federal mortgage refinancing, said the federal government was rewarding irresponsible consumers, compared the U.S. to Cuba, and proposed a "Chicago Tea Party" to dump derivative securities in Lake Michigan.

Conservative talk radio hosts already were condemning the proposed federal stimulus, tagged at $787 billion when it passed. A stock trader in January had posted a message on the Web urging that tea bags be mailed to lawmakers in protest of federal bailouts. And a Seattle-based blogger in February 2009 organized an anti-stimulus protest.

The tea party moniker took off after what became known as the Santelli rant. The movement swelled as April 15, 2009, "tax day" protests were organized, and activists campaigned against Obama's health care overhaul before turning attention to the 2010 elections.

Q: Who's in charge, and where does the movement get its money?

A: There's no one leader. Umbrella groups such as the Tea Party Patriots, and social networking sites including Teabook.org, link activists who are members of hyper-local tea party organizations. It also has become a cottage industry for campaign consultants, T-shirt makers and convention organizers.

Sal Russo, a California-based Republican political strategist behind the Tea Party Express, says there are roughly 4,000 tea party groups in the United States and hundreds being formed in other countries.

Some pre-existing advocacy groups that push fiscal conservatism or pro-business agendas, such as FreedomWorks, led by former GOP House Majority Leader Dick Armey, have been active in organizing tea party members.

Financing for the movement comes from a variety of private sources, from grassroots small-dollar donations to backing from wealthy business leaders including the billionaire Koch oil family.

if you dont think that any republican that supported ANY of the bail outs and ANY of obama's agenda isnt the target of general tea party scorn you are grossly mistaken.

Old Post 09-10-2010 12:13 PM
Coincidence
Counterfeit

How weasely. Just accept what everyone can clearly see: GOP and this other retard movement walk hand in hand.

Old Post 09-10-2010 12:19 PM
Coincidence is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coincidence Click here to Send Coincidence a Private Message Visit Coincidence's homepage! Find more posts by Coincidence Add Coincidence to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
euphorbia
caustic milk - hybrid

what Ill accept is that you people are ignorant and bigoted because you choose to be. you choose to dehumanize and you choose to be ill informed. you choose to suck. every time you open your mouths I become more convinced my poltics are the logical choice.

Old Post 09-10-2010 12:26 PM
euphorbia
caustic milk - hybrid

and until you show up at a tea party rally, anything you have to say about them is based in ignorance and due to the fact that you are tools of media with an agenda. but that isnt new

Old Post 09-10-2010 12:29 PM
Coincidence
Counterfeit

Yes, I know your defense mechanisms. They are still unable to change the facts. Why do you even protest that GOP and the tea partiers are related?

Their statements about political independence are surely needed to convince confused people, but... intelligent people should be able to see through that.

Old Post 09-10-2010 12:55 PM
Coincidence is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coincidence Click here to Send Coincidence a Private Message Visit Coincidence's homepage! Find more posts by Coincidence Add Coincidence to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
euphorbia
caustic milk - hybrid

quote:
Originally posted by Coincidence
intelligent people should be able to see through that.

let me know when some register.

Old Post 09-10-2010 01:01 PM
Coincidence
Counterfeit

Er yes, that was my point.

Old Post 09-10-2010 02:22 PM
Brett
Say no to edit rape

Certainly it is only a coincidence that the Teabaggers are voting Republican, even in the primaries.

Old Post 09-10-2010 02:56 PM
Brett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brett Click here to Send Brett a Private Message Find more posts by Brett Add Brett to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
euphorbia
caustic milk - hybrid

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Certainly it is only a coincidence that the Teabaggers are voting Republican, even in the primaries.

the tea party has more in common with the republicans yes, of course. Many in the tea party are registered republicans yes. the gop has felt and will feel the anger of the tea party where it was warranted though.

the tea party stances are in line with a lot of what the republicans should be about, but they have de-evolved in to democrat lite in many cases. the republicans would be more like the libertarians or constitutionalists parties if they remained true to the platform instead of trying to compete with democrats.

Ive been through all this before, you guys are too eager and unwilling to soften up your strict and intolerant ideologies long enough to listen. but it hardly matters to me anymore.

Old Post 09-10-2010 03:16 PM
Brett
Say no to edit rape

I'm still not sure where you're getting the whole Democrat-lite thing. I've never seen the GOP at all kowtow to the ideals of the Democrats, but I've seen plenty of times where the Democrats have let the Republicans set the frame of debate despite having a majority vote (i.e. Healthcare Reform).

I still call bullshit on The Teabaggers calling the GOP on its bullshit. Voting against an incumbent during a Republican primary isn't really evidence of bullshit-calling. Hell, you still manage to blame the Democrats when it comes to Bush's fuck-ups.

Old Post 09-10-2010 03:25 PM
Brett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brett Click here to Send Brett a Private Message Find more posts by Brett Add Brett to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
billgerat
Hope-nosis

Oh, like all those tea parties all over the country spontaneously arose independent of each other like magic and then linked hands as they stumbled across each other. You must have read this in the Little Children's Book of Fairy Tales.

The Tea Baggers never would have achieved the prominence they have without the massive promotion of FOX News and Glenn Beck, and the co-option of the GOP.

Old Post 09-10-2010 04:34 PM
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

The Dems have already eaten their young. They have even gnawed off one of their legs and still have one caught in the trap.

Old Post 09-10-2010 04:47 PM
Trenchant_Troll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trenchant_Troll Click here to Send Trenchant_Troll a Private Message Find more posts by Trenchant_Troll Add Trenchant_Troll to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

The tea party is heavily flawed thanks to the media. Because a few act ignorant they are the ones that steal the spotlight. And until Fox learns how to report news the Tea Party will always have a bad name.
And our government loves that because I too absolutely hate these fucking bailouts.
Other countries dealt with it by trashing banks and causing a riot. None of that happened in the USA because our government learned how to control this shit by throwing propaganda all over gullible little brains.
I agree with a lot of what the Tea Party stands for. But they really need to disconnect themselves from all the bullshit name calling and racists signs and Fox news cancer before they will REALLY be heard and accepted by the majority.
Other countries riot. We sit on our asses,make signs and cry about it.

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 09-10-2010 06:30 PM
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

I think you will see that we do a whole lot more than that come November 2nd, LF.

Old Post 09-10-2010 07:54 PM
Trenchant_Troll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trenchant_Troll Click here to Send Trenchant_Troll a Private Message Find more posts by Trenchant_Troll Add Trenchant_Troll to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hawley Griffin
.308 winchester

on november 2nd an incredible drama will unfold and millions of internet posts will be created by whiny whores.

Old Post 09-10-2010 07:59 PM
Hawley Griffin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hawley Griffin Click here to Send Hawley Griffin a Private Message Find more posts by Hawley Griffin Add Hawley Griffin to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

Indeed, Bill is going to be very unhappy and will need to vent...if he hasn't offed himself.

Old Post 09-10-2010 08:09 PM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

As long as it doesn't ruin Christmas it's cool.

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 09-10-2010 08:11 PM
Hawley Griffin
.308 winchester

if the democrats win you must do something humiliating to yourself

Old Post 09-10-2010 08:14 PM
Hawley Griffin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hawley Griffin Click here to Send Hawley Griffin a Private Message Find more posts by Hawley Griffin Add Hawley Griffin to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

Why? I do that all the time.

Old Post 09-10-2010 08:22 PM