The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Polėticās der Mondé > November 2010 election predictions
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Smug Git
Arrogance Personified

November 2010 election predictions

So, where do you stand?

I'm thinking Democrats down to 53 or 54 in the Senate and lose the House but not by much, like maybe giving the GOP a five seat majority.

For proper mathematical and probabilistic predictions, there is always fivethirtyeight, but I guess I am wondering whether it can really be as bad for the Democrats as the polls suggest.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-13-2010 04:56 PM
Smug Git is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smug Git Click here to Send Smug Git a Private Message Find more posts by Smug Git Add Smug Git to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lucidnightmare
Pro Snowflake

I never try to do that.

If some of the people the tea party got through the primaries get in it could be bad for Republicans .People are in a bad mood and won't put up with it. I don't think a few of them are qualified.

Either way Democrats are going to have less power when it's over no matter how bad they do. Seeing how much trouble they had with such a huge majority it's not going to be easy going.

Old Post 10-13-2010 05:09 PM
lucidnightmare is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lucidnightmare Click here to Send lucidnightmare a Private Message Find more posts by lucidnightmare Add lucidnightmare to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brett
Say no to edit rape

Re: November 2010 election predictions

quote:
Originally posted by Smug Git
So, where do you stand?

I'm thinking Democrats down to 53 or 54 in the Senate and lose the House but not by much, like maybe giving the GOP a five seat majority.

This is my guess. I don't believe in TT's tidal wave at all, nor do I think any gains made by the GOP will be at all long-term.

Old Post 10-13-2010 05:42 PM
Brett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brett Click here to Send Brett a Private Message Find more posts by Brett Add Brett to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

Heh.

Old Post 10-13-2010 06:05 PM
Trenchant_Troll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trenchant_Troll Click here to Send Trenchant_Troll a Private Message Find more posts by Trenchant_Troll Add Trenchant_Troll to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brett
Say no to edit rape

If the GOP had any leadership at all, then I might be worried about a bloodbath, even if I don't overall agree with the bullshit they're peddling. But as it stands, the GOP's strategy is basically random flailing coupled with a short-term memory.

Old Post 10-13-2010 06:16 PM
Brett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brett Click here to Send Brett a Private Message Find more posts by Brett Add Brett to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smug Git
Arrogance Personified

Well, if the GOP retake the House after only four years and that's all their strategy was, that speaks really pretty badly of the Democrats, who are hardly powerless or new to this stuff. And losing the House would almost comprise a "wave", from the current position, however it happened. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't believe it's a catastrophic wave of anti-Democrat sentiment, but that I do think it counts as a "wave".

If the Democrats lose the House, the rest of Obama's agenda is probably toast (although he can still win re-election, of course, if he doesn't try to do anything seen as remotely radical; people like him enough even if they don't agree with him).

Old Post 10-13-2010 07:17 PM
Smug Git is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smug Git Click here to Send Smug Git a Private Message Find more posts by Smug Git Add Smug Git to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aydin
El Fugaz

Wouldn't it be more of a reversal of the anti-Republican wave 2 years ago?

Old Post 10-13-2010 08:49 PM
Aydin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aydin Click here to Send Aydin a Private Message Find more posts by Aydin Add Aydin to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

Here in Colorado the Republicans make us all look like fucking idiots. Both parties have negative ads but the Democrats actually are answering the question"what will you do if Elected" and they run entire commercials with just answering that one question. Yes it's politics but at least they fucking answered the question.
The Republicans on the other hand overall DON'T answer this simple question. The closest thing I got was after this dude smeared his candidate to no end he promised to do "what is right" and that's it. WHAT THE FUCK MAN. It's fucking ludicrous. He didn't say anything.
My prediction? We will always have a lot of fucking idiots out there sipping down this shit like baby food but I think we will have registered voters that understand that when you were granted a high limit credit card to put a down payment down on your HUD home during the Bush years you cannot blame Obama when the bill comes.
I think the Repubs will be utterly embarrassed. But then again maybe we really do have a lot of fucking idiot voters in America.

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 10-13-2010 09:14 PM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aydin
El Fugaz

quote:
Originally posted by Large Filipino
But then again maybe we really do have a lot of fucking idiot voters in America.

8 years of Bush didn't convince you of that?

Old Post 10-13-2010 09:22 PM
Aydin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Aydin Click here to Send Aydin a Private Message Find more posts by Aydin Add Aydin to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

OH GOD TT IS RIGHT

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 10-13-2010 10:00 PM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smug Git
Arrogance Personified

quote:
Originally posted by Aydin
Wouldn't it be more of a reversal of the anti-Republican wave 2 years ago?

I guess I'd say that 2006 was the "wave", where Democrats took control of House and Senate. 2008 increased their gains, but they already held the power.

Old Post 10-13-2010 10:02 PM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

Here's that idiot ad:

And here's a not so idiot ad:

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 10-13-2010 10:11 PM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

A negative ad:

And a positive ad:

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 10-13-2010 10:17 PM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

My mail in ballot came in today. Mickey Mouse is not running at this time.

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 10-13-2010 10:19 PM
Hawley Griffin
.308 winchester

quote:
Originally posted by Trenchant_Troll
Heh.

should the republicans win by a seat or two, how will you redefine the word "tidalwave"?

surely you have given this some thought

Old Post 10-13-2010 10:49 PM
Hawley Griffin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hawley Griffin Click here to Send Hawley Griffin a Private Message Find more posts by Hawley Griffin Add Hawley Griffin to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

Oh it will be by a lot more than a seat or two in the House, Hawley. As for the Senate? I think that there is a decent chance that Joe Biden is going to casting more votes as VP in the next couple of years than he did in his last couple of years as a Senator. Dems in the Senate who are not up for re-election must all be breathing a huge sigh of relief.

Old Post 10-13-2010 11:04 PM
Trenchant_Troll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trenchant_Troll Click here to Send Trenchant_Troll a Private Message Find more posts by Trenchant_Troll Add Trenchant_Troll to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite
wallet.dat is where it at

at this point i want christine o'donnell to win her race because if she loses america would miss out on something amazing.

Old Post 10-13-2010 11:06 PM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hawley Griffin
.308 winchester

quote:
Oh it will be by a lot more than a seat or two in the House, Hawley. As for the Senate? I think that there is a decent chance that Joe Biden is going to casting more votes as VP in the next couple of years than he did in his last couple of years as a Senator. Dems in the Senate who are not up for re-election must all be breathing a huge sigh of relief.

by how many seats will the republicans win?

Old Post 10-13-2010 11:11 PM
Hawley Griffin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hawley Griffin Click here to Send Hawley Griffin a Private Message Find more posts by Hawley Griffin Add Hawley Griffin to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

In the House? If I had to venture a guess, I would say at least 30 and maybe as many as 40. In the Senate, I would guess the GOP picks up 7 seats, maybe as many as 9. In the realm of possible outcomes, that would be a tidal wave.

Old Post 10-13-2010 11:19 PM
Tefl
Reality Theorist

quote:
My mail in ballot came in today. Mickey Mouse is not running at this time.

Sure he is. If you look really close you'll find his name on the write in section of the ballot.

Old Post 10-13-2010 11:52 PM
Tefl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tefl Click here to Send Tefl a Private Message Find more posts by Tefl Add Tefl to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

quote:
A negative ad:

And a positive ad:

LF, don't be one of the Borg. Being an informed voter means informing yourself. Start here.

Old Post 10-14-2010 12:07 AM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

SNAP!

So I guess what TT is saying is that if someone has you sign for things that carry a huge interest you embrace the President because he made it possible that you have nice things. But when the bill comes and your new president can't find a way to make their bills go away then you vote for the party that gave you this trouble to begin with because when they were in power we were so happy.
We are so fucked.

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 10-14-2010 12:15 AM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

quote:
LF, don't be one of the Borg. Being an informed voter means informing yourself. Start here.

But Betsy is hot.

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 10-14-2010 12:16 AM
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

quote:
SNAP!

So I guess what TT is saying is that if someone has you sign for things that carry a huge interest you embrace the President because he made it possible that you have nice things. But when the bill comes and your new president can't find a way to make their bills go away then you vote for the party that gave you this trouble to begin with because when they were in power we were so happy.
We are so fucked.

Or you do your own research and find out who actually caused the problems rather than letting someone else tell you. You do have the option to inform yourself, LF. If you choose not to, then you deserve whatever you get.

Old Post 10-14-2010 12:25 AM
Aydin
El Fugaz

Says a Bush voter.

Old Post 10-14-2010 01:06 AM