The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Sensory Overload > Asylum Book Club > Body by science
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
lucidnightmare
Pro Snowflake

Body by science

The best bodybuilding book I have ever bought.

The most interesting parts to me is how fitness or reaching high levels of performance isn't synonymous with health,what many top athletes have to do to reach their level they destroy or risk their health to do so. By risk I don't mean bad knees but cancer and heart disease because of the unnatural state that you can push your body into. The guy is a doctor rather than a musclehead,so that helps.

Last edited by lucidnightmare on 01-05-2011 at 04:53 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-05-2011 04:36 PM
lucidnightmare is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lucidnightmare Click here to Send lucidnightmare a Private Message Find more posts by lucidnightmare Add lucidnightmare to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vegas
15 = micropenis

I've been reading both The 4 Hour Body and You: The Owner's Manual to realign my diet and exercise. I want to check out this book as well and see what's different and potentially useful about it, as there are some substantial differences between a few key ideas in the books I'm reading.

The second video hits on one of them, about the amount of carbs we can consume before they just make us fat. I'm trying the low carb diet described in 4HB and hopefully the results are good. But I'm curious as to how others think on this subject, especially since I plan on dropping as much fat as I can in 3 months before beginning full-on training for hiking again.

Kudos for the reference.

Your whole "I dress like an office drone and act respectable and then sit on forum where we discuss urethra fucking and public torture" bit still creeps me out. I bet it would creep out your co-workers even more.

-m

Old Post 01-05-2011 10:07 PM
Vegas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas Click here to Send Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Vegas Add Vegas to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DRZ400
Wank monkey

Re: Body by science

quote:
Originally posted by lucidnightmare
The best bodybuilding book I have ever bought.

But does it make you feel like Connor MacLeod after he cuts someones head of in the Highlander?

Old Post 01-05-2011 10:19 PM
DRZ400 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DRZ400 Click here to Send DRZ400 a Private Message Find more posts by DRZ400 Add DRZ400 to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coincidence
Counterfeit

That will always be lucid's best reference.

Old Post 01-06-2011 12:39 PM
Coincidence is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coincidence Click here to Send Coincidence a Private Message Visit Coincidence's homepage! Find more posts by Coincidence Add Coincidence to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dingle
Gay for Mugtoe

If he wasn't in P90X he has no credibility.

Old Post 01-13-2011 06:59 AM
Dingle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dingle Click here to Send Dingle a Private Message Find more posts by Dingle Add Dingle to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vegas
15 = micropenis

Most of my friends who do P90X are fat, out of shape, and show the program has little long-term credibility.

Your whole "I dress like an office drone and act respectable and then sit on forum where we discuss urethra fucking and public torture" bit still creeps me out. I bet it would creep out your co-workers even more.

-m

Old Post 01-13-2011 02:04 PM
Vegas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas Click here to Send Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Vegas Add Vegas to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brett
Say no to edit rape

quote:
Originally posted by Vegas
Most of my friends who do P90X are fat, out of shape, and show the program has little long-term credibility.

Old Post 01-13-2011 02:05 PM
Brett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brett Click here to Send Brett a Private Message Find more posts by Brett Add Brett to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vegas
15 = micropenis

Finally picked up Body by Science and it's a page-turning scientific geekfest likely to induce wet dreams for anyone wanting to read about metabolic rates and stuff I can't even repeat in English without re-reading it. I love it.

Hopefully the workouts themselves help me streamline my rehab and hiking preparations.

-m

Old Post 05-12-2011 03:29 AM
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

I would have thought carrying those cases of Sam Adams into your larder would at least kept your arms more toned than Michael Moore's. He has people to lug that stuff for him; non union people.

Old Post 05-12-2011 03:49 AM
Trenchant_Troll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trenchant_Troll Click here to Send Trenchant_Troll a Private Message Find more posts by Trenchant_Troll Add Trenchant_Troll to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
avert_your_eyes
The Ultimate Male

BB books are the greatest hoax in history of books.

Not that every book tells another story...losing weight and gaining muscles just ain't higher science.

Just stop reading, eat healthy and move for god's sake.

My theory is: BB books are for fat motherfuckers, who calm themselves down by reading them, because reading this is still easier than an actual diet + sports programm.

the end of the story is 90% of the people, who read such books, stay fat to an early, heart disease caused death.

William Gibson

Old Post 05-24-2011 09:50 AM
avert_your_eyes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for avert_your_eyes Click here to Send avert_your_eyes a Private Message Find more posts by avert_your_eyes Add avert_your_eyes to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote