The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > Three Sugars Please!
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Cockney_Rebel
Scarred for Life

Three Sugars Please!

Nearly every time I'm offered a cup of tea with kith or kin and I am asked with how many sugars that I'd like with my tea, I always reply with three. I like sugar.

"THREE!!!"

Yes, three sugars please. If I would have said that I wanted 10 sugars you would have had a valid point.

"Why do you want so much sugar? Bloody hell!"

What's wrong with three? It's only one more than two. What's the fucking problem?

Why is it that people who live by the norm freak out when something just slightly goes beyond the norm.

*rolls joint*

Last edited by Cockney_Rebel on 04-28-2011 at 10:47 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-28-2011 10:36 PM
Cockney_Rebel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cockney_Rebel Click here to Send Cockney_Rebel a Private Message Find more posts by Cockney_Rebel Add Cockney_Rebel to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tefl
Reality Theorist

Move to the south. You'd never have to ask for three sugars. In fact, it isn't considered a proper glass of tea unless you can see a sugar layer floating in the bottom of the glass. Asking for tea without sugar in it is like asking for a glass of liquid shit as far as folks here are concerned. I've learned as well to never ask for it to be hot. You will get looked at as if you've grown a second head.

Old Post 04-28-2011 10:46 PM
Tefl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tefl Click here to Send Tefl a Private Message Find more posts by Tefl Add Tefl to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
karen
Lesser Satan

ew sugar in tea. gross.

/from the south-ish

Old Post 04-28-2011 11:11 PM
karen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for karen Click here to Send karen a Private Message Find more posts by karen Add karen to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tex critter
bag of ugly

I think I'm the only southerner in the south that drinks unsweetened tea. I love Earl Gray tea with a little cream no sugar. I used to get funny looks by the wait people at the majestic when I order. I want my iced tea strong and no sugar.

Old Post 04-28-2011 11:33 PM
Tex critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tex critter Click here to Send Tex critter a Private Message Find more posts by Tex critter Add Tex critter to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lucidnightmare
Pro Snowflake

quote:
Originally posted by Tefl
Move to the south. You'd never have to ask for three sugars. In fact, it isn't considered a proper glass of tea unless you can see a sugar layer floating in the bottom of the glass. Asking for tea without sugar in it is like asking for a glass of liquid shit as far as folks here are concerned. I've learned as well to never ask for it to be hot. You will get looked at as if you've grown a second head.

So true.

Old Post 04-29-2011 12:09 AM
lucidnightmare is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lucidnightmare Click here to Send lucidnightmare a Private Message Find more posts by lucidnightmare Add lucidnightmare to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tefl
Reality Theorist

quote:
Originally posted by Tex critter
I think I'm the only southerner in the south that drinks unsweetened tea. I love Earl Gray tea with a little cream no sugar. I used to get funny looks by the wait people at the majestic when I order. I want my iced tea strong and no sugar.

Your not the only one Tex. I've drawn my share of odd looks too. However, I draw the line at putting milk in it, that's just nasty.

Old Post 04-29-2011 12:11 AM
Tefl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tefl Click here to Send Tefl a Private Message Find more posts by Tefl Add Tefl to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sookee
good luck with that.

Ha! all I could think of was this:

Old Post 04-29-2011 12:14 AM
Sookee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sookee Click here to Send Sookee a Private Message Find more posts by Sookee Add Sookee to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rust
Headbugs 40

I hate tea with a passion, but tefl is right about the milk.
That's alomst as bad as the folks that put cornbread into a GIANT glass of buttermilk - and like it

what does / mean

Old Post 04-29-2011 01:27 AM
rust is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rust Click here to Send rust a Private Message Find more posts by rust Add rust to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tex critter
bag of ugly

quote:
Originally posted by Tefl
Your not the only one Tex. I've drawn my share of odd looks too. However, I draw the line at putting milk in it, that's just nasty.

I got hooked on it while working a fishing boat out of the Casco Bay. The boat caption introduced me to Earl Gray and cream really its good stuff. I hardly drink coffee any more I would rather have hot tea in the am. Although Mister Freign makes one hell of a cup of joe.

Old Post 04-29-2011 01:41 AM
Tex critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tex critter Click here to Send Tex critter a Private Message Find more posts by Tex critter Add Tex critter to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pinecrika
Muffer's He-beast

I take a ton of the sugary goodness when I take my tea. I had no idea people put milk in tea till Muffers asked me to do so while making her tea. *shrug* Whatever floats your tea boat.

Old Post 04-29-2011 01:48 AM
Pinecrika is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pinecrika Click here to Send Pinecrika a Private Message Find more posts by Pinecrika Add Pinecrika to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tex critter
bag of ugly

yeah I just thought it was one of those weird New Englander things. Like the time I pulled into a gas station in Main and asked for directions and got told. Well I don't you can get there from here......

Old Post 04-29-2011 01:53 AM
Tefl
Reality Theorist

quote:
Originally posted by rust
I hate tea with a passion, but tefl is right about the milk.
That's alomst as bad as the folks that put cornbread into a GIANT glass of buttermilk - and like it

I've seen people put cornbread in their buttermilk my entire life but I refuse to touch the shit. Buttermilk is for making biscuits.

You ever seen folks put a spig of green onion in the glass? That just grosses me out and I love onions.

Old Post 04-29-2011 01:56 AM
Tex critter
bag of ugly

buttermilk is good stuff no cornbread in it though.

Old Post 04-29-2011 11:58 AM
Dacarlo
ex-member

Horses for courses folks. Typically I take tea with milk, unless it's Earl Grey (an abomination is adding milk to this!) or if I'm in Poland visiting the in-laws I have it black.

I also like my toast done on one side.

One sugar is sufficient for me or one sweetner which tends to be much sweeter. I might have two with my coffee, especially if it is low grade coffee.

Old Post 04-29-2011 12:16 PM
Dacarlo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dacarlo Find more posts by Dacarlo Add Dacarlo to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tex critter
bag of ugly

That’s because Earl Grey is good with cream not milk.

Old Post 04-29-2011 12:22 PM
Dacarlo
ex-member

Captain Picard does not order 'Earl Gay. Hot'. Why would anyone?

Old Post 04-29-2011 12:51 PM
Dacarlo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dacarlo Find more posts by Dacarlo Add Dacarlo to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tex critter
bag of ugly

I never tried Earl Grey cold.

Old Post 04-29-2011 12:57 PM
Dacarlo
ex-member

I bet you've had Earl Gay plenty of times.

Old Post 04-29-2011 01:33 PM
Tex critter
bag of ugly

hehe I've heard that Earl Gay is only good with scones and clotted cream.

Old Post 04-29-2011 01:50 PM
Coincidence
Counterfeit

White tea with a teaspoon of honey for me.

/From the edge

Old Post 04-29-2011 02:06 PM
Coincidence is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coincidence Click here to Send Coincidence a Private Message Visit Coincidence's homepage! Find more posts by Coincidence Add Coincidence to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dacarlo
ex-member

quote:
Originally posted by Tex critter
hehe I've heard that Earl Gay is only good with scones and clotted cream.

If it aint thick enough to stick to your beard it aint proper clotted cream.

Old Post 04-29-2011 05:15 PM
memdink
spasm of violence

like bullets or aids, sugar kills. okay, maybe not like bullets. aids then?

Old Post 04-29-2011 10:13 PM
memdink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for memdink Click here to Send memdink a Private Message Find more posts by memdink Add memdink to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tefl
Reality Theorist

quote:
Originally posted by memdink

You know what else can kill you? Saliva. But only when swallowed in small quantities over a extended period of time.

Old Post 04-30-2011 02:14 AM
SatansLeftHand
buttercup

Well, you could conceivably drown in it if you collected enough.

Old Post 04-30-2011 02:35 AM
SatansLeftHand is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SatansLeftHand Click here to Send SatansLeftHand a Private Message Find more posts by SatansLeftHand Add SatansLeftHand to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lucidnightmare
Pro Snowflake

quote:
Originally posted by memdink

Read the whole thing, the page about insulin and cancer is very interesting.

Old Post 04-30-2011 03:27 AM
lucidnightmare is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lucidnightmare Click here to Send lucidnightmare a Private Message Find more posts by lucidnightmare Add lucidnightmare to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote