The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > heavy smoker running in the warrior dash
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
bacidath
me - a killer

heavy smoker running in the warrior dash

running in the warrior dash for St Jude hospital... heavy smoker and havent run in 15 years or so hate getting dirty...

sacrifice a few bucks for my discomfort and possibility of having a heart attack

so... delete this if its against the rules and shit ...

https://waystohelp.stjude.org/sjVPo...&eventId=333030

Last edited by bacidath on 05-09-2013 at 08:13 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-09-2013 07:51 PM
bacidath is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bacidath Click here to Send bacidath a Private Message Find more posts by bacidath Add bacidath to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
billgerat
Hope-nosis

You'll get 50' and be screaming for an oxygen mask. Running 2 blocks for the bus when I was smoking almost killed me, or at least felt like it.

But hey, it's good for charity.

Old Post 05-09-2013 07:57 PM
billgerat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for billgerat Click here to Send billgerat a Private Message Find more posts by billgerat Add billgerat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
karen
Lesser Satan

these always look fun. I might do the one in NC sometime.

edit: btw, your link goes to a login page.

Old Post 05-09-2013 08:03 PM
karen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for karen Click here to Send karen a Private Message Find more posts by karen Add karen to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bacidath
me - a killer

thanks Karen

Old Post 05-09-2013 08:14 PM
bacidath is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bacidath Click here to Send bacidath a Private Message Find more posts by bacidath Add bacidath to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skinny
Bone-yard

Sort it out

Old Post 05-09-2013 08:15 PM
skinny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skinny Click here to Send skinny a Private Message Find more posts by skinny Add skinny to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bacidath
me - a killer

sorted

Old Post 05-09-2013 08:16 PM
bacidath
me - a killer

I'm not really looking forward to it but my sister signed me up... I really hate getting dirty... but im sure it will be a good time

Old Post 05-09-2013 08:23 PM
bacidath
me - a killer

im going to light up a smoke on the fire obstacle

Old Post 05-09-2013 08:26 PM
Rokkr
Completely Wack

Are you pledging by the foot?

Old Post 05-09-2013 08:27 PM
Rokkr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rokkr Click here to Send Rokkr a Private Message Find more posts by Rokkr Add Rokkr to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bacidath
me - a killer

quote:
Originally posted by Rokkr
Are you pledging by the foot?

ha... its a one time donation

lets say you wanted to give 10... its not 10 per mile its 10 for the event

so if I fall over dead at the start the hospital gets full amount of donation

Old Post 05-09-2013 08:49 PM
karen
Lesser Satan

http://health.usnews.com/health-new...isk-study-finds

maybe exchange the nicotine in your cigarettes for nicotine in peppers & tomatoes for a while?

Old Post 05-09-2013 08:49 PM
karen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for karen Click here to Send karen a Private Message Find more posts by karen Add karen to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bacidath
me - a killer

I already eat a ton of those... and the run is next weekend so I dont think it would help much...

also I think my sister singing me up for this is her way of saying that I should quit smoking... she and her husband think I wont be able to finish the event...

Old Post 05-09-2013 08:54 PM
bacidath
me - a killer

they are workout crazy...and organic food nuts

Old Post 05-09-2013 08:55 PM
karen
Lesser Satan

good on them. they just don't want you to be stinky and sick.

Old Post 05-09-2013 09:01 PM
karen
Lesser Satan

http://strengthrunning.com/2012/05/...r-warrior-dash/

http://www.trainermomma.com/2011/03...e-warrior-dash/

because I care.

Old Post 05-10-2013 08:59 PM
bacidath
me - a killer

thanks... looks like im in for some dirt and a bad time

Old Post 05-10-2013 09:17 PM
karen
Lesser Satan

pay attention to that barbed wire part.

is it weird that I still think it looks like awesome fun?

Old Post 05-10-2013 09:18 PM
ignatz mouse
gone with the wind

You can sponsor me for the NAMI Walk May 19th (PM me if you care), but I'm sure to finish, even with my terminator parts. Especially with my cyborg extremities.

Old Post 05-10-2013 10:42 PM
ignatz mouse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ignatz mouse Click here to Send ignatz mouse a Private Message Find more posts by ignatz mouse Add ignatz mouse to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote