The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > friends?
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
gundamgarrett
the Schleprock of sex

friends?

How the fuck do you make friends?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-31-2014 10:33 PM
gundamgarrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gundamgarrett Click here to Send gundamgarrett a Private Message Find more posts by gundamgarrett Add gundamgarrett to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

Here is an instruction manual.

Old Post 01-31-2014 10:46 PM
Roshigoth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roshigoth Click here to Send Roshigoth a Private Message Find more posts by Roshigoth Add Roshigoth to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DRZ
SS: GIFs ARE autoplays!

I like to stand in the local shop looking like this.

Old Post 01-31-2014 10:57 PM
DRZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DRZ Click here to Send DRZ a Private Message Find more posts by DRZ Add DRZ to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gundamgarrett
the Schleprock of sex

You would both get pernts if I had any to give.

Old Post 01-31-2014 11:01 PM
gundamgarrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gundamgarrett Click here to Send gundamgarrett a Private Message Find more posts by gundamgarrett Add gundamgarrett to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

Here's another guide:

Old Post 01-31-2014 11:19 PM
Roshigoth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roshigoth Click here to Send Roshigoth a Private Message Find more posts by Roshigoth Add Roshigoth to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sookee
good luck with that.

Ya gotta figure out what your interests are and go to those places. You're a likable guy, you shouldn't have a problem.

Old Post 02-01-2014 12:16 AM
Sookee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sookee Click here to Send Sookee a Private Message Find more posts by Sookee Add Sookee to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Re: friends?

quote:
Originally posted by gundamgarrett

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Old Post 02-01-2014 12:16 AM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
creepy uncle
Anal oops

Save someone's life.
Facebook friend request.
Travel solo.

Old Post 02-01-2014 12:52 AM
creepy uncle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for creepy uncle Click here to Send creepy uncle a Private Message Find more posts by creepy uncle Add creepy uncle to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
theMAC
lone gunman for the govt

what is this....."friend" of which you speak?

It sounds Dutch. I don't do wooden shoes or windmill houses.

I have two non-related people whom I would not kill given the chance to do so without repercussions. Does that count?

Old Post 02-01-2014 02:07 AM
theMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for theMAC Click here to Send theMAC a Private Message Find more posts by theMAC Add theMAC to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

Two? I'm surprised.

Old Post 02-01-2014 02:50 AM
SimpleSimon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SimpleSimon Click here to Send SimpleSimon a Private Message Find more posts by SimpleSimon Add SimpleSimon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rust
Headbugs 40

I think you have to be friends with yourself, first. I'm not a very popular member of the rust clan, so then it's perfectly fine for me to call you a bunch of fags and not even feel bad about it.

Old Post 02-01-2014 02:59 AM
rust is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rust Click here to Send rust a Private Message Find more posts by rust Add rust to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
magnolia
playground monitor

Re: friends?

quote:
Originally posted by gundamgarrett
given some of your other posts over the last bit, is suspect the real question is not so much "how do you make friends?" but "how do you make friends who are on the same page you are in terms of a sober lifestyle?".

that's not always easy if part of what has bound you into friendships has been the things/experiences you now realize aren't where you need to be and be healthy.

you are an interesting, funny person and it's easy for us to see that here, because of the basic anonymity, but it's probably hard to be as authentic as you are here in person, because at some level you might give a small shit about how you present with someone you actually have to see in real life.

maybe you should ask that question in a meeting.

Old Post 02-01-2014 03:04 AM
magnolia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for magnolia Click here to Send magnolia a Private Message Find more posts by magnolia Add magnolia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jazebelle
Ms Sayang

Depends, Garrett. What kind of friends do you want? Real life ones, or virtual ones? And I'm not saying this to poke fun. I learned the best way to make friends is to make your colleagues your friends, mostly because these are the people you see the majority hours of the day. And amongst these groups of people, there are bound to be those who are around your age group and share your same interest, or also wonder where and how to make friends. If you're working, start there, that's my suggestion.

As for virtual friends, the Internet obviously. I mean, how can you not consider us your friends?! You're even on my Facebook list of friends!

Old Post 02-01-2014 03:08 AM
jazebelle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jazebelle Click here to Send jazebelle a Private Message Find more posts by jazebelle Add jazebelle to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

Ask Matt.

Old Post 02-01-2014 03:08 AM
SimpleSimon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SimpleSimon Click here to Send SimpleSimon a Private Message Find more posts by SimpleSimon Add SimpleSimon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mudded
+/-?

Its not hard.

Be sociable and outgoing.
Make an effort to remember peoples names and basic bio from when you first meet them.
Be helpful and generous.
Refrain from gossip.

You basically build a good guy reputation, and with that and some social effort on your part aquaintances gradually deepen to friendships.

I am quite close to about a dozen people, about a third of those friendships started after I became an adult.

Old Post 02-01-2014 03:15 AM
mudded is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mudded Click here to Send mudded a Private Message Visit mudded's homepage! Find more posts by mudded Add mudded to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
plum
Last Man

Friendship is overrated. This is because contrary to what Kant said, they are in fact both ends in themselves and means.

Old Post 02-01-2014 03:19 AM
plum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for plum Click here to Send plum a Private Message Find more posts by plum Add plum to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
magnolia
playground monitor

when all else fails, go back to basics..

Old Post 02-01-2014 03:23 AM
magnolia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for magnolia Click here to Send magnolia a Private Message Find more posts by magnolia Add magnolia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
plum
Last Man

Old Post 02-01-2014 03:23 AM
plum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for plum Click here to Send plum a Private Message Find more posts by plum Add plum to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
plum
Last Man

Old Post 02-01-2014 03:46 AM
mattdk
, Architect Of Thought

quote:
Originally posted by SimpleSimon
Ask Matt.

Oh that's why he asked me

Old Post 02-01-2014 05:38 AM
mattdk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mattdk Click here to Send mattdk a Private Message Find more posts by mattdk Add mattdk to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mattdk
, Architect Of Thought

quote:
Originally posted by plum
Friendship is overrated. This is because contrary to what Kant said, they are in fact both ends in themselves and means.

Overrated how?

Old Post 02-01-2014 05:39 AM
mattdk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mattdk Click here to Send mattdk a Private Message Find more posts by mattdk Add mattdk to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
plum
Last Man

quote:
Originally posted by mattdk
Overrated how?

Friends are in fact both ends in themselves and means.

Old Post 02-01-2014 06:37 AM
mattdk
, Architect Of Thought

To you

Old Post 02-01-2014 06:43 AM
plum
Last Man

Old Post 02-01-2014 07:27 AM
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

A ball-peen hammer and lots of duct tape

Old Post 02-01-2014 07:35 AM
Trenchant_Troll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trenchant_Troll Click here to Send Trenchant_Troll a Private Message Find more posts by Trenchant_Troll Add Trenchant_Troll to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote