The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > Ferguson Riots
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
DRZ
SS: GIFs ARE autoplays!

Ferguson Riots

Why are they still smashing up their own town? Are they really that stupid?

Infact why do Americans riot when a uncooperative black gang member ignores police orders and gets shot for being a prick?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-22-2014 11:17 PM
DRZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DRZ Click here to Send DRZ a Private Message Find more posts by DRZ Add DRZ to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mordecai

Obvious bait is obvious.

-m

Old Post 11-22-2014 11:21 PM
Mordecai is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mordecai Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Add Mordecai to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DRZ

I just wonder why a curfew isn't in place.

Old Post 11-22-2014 11:41 PM
DRZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DRZ Click here to Send DRZ a Private Message Find more posts by DRZ Add DRZ to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
magnolia
playground monitor

nothing says love for a poor, god-fearing young man like destroying and taking the fruit of other people's hard work, particularly when they are willing to invest in a less-affluent area.

a curfew would be seen as a racist move to keep the black folk from their free speech and freedom to assemble peaceably rights.

Old Post 11-23-2014 12:24 AM
magnolia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for magnolia Click here to Send magnolia a Private Message Find more posts by magnolia Add magnolia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DRZ

That was a good point until I got to the word peaceful.

Old Post 11-23-2014 12:30 AM
magnolia
playground monitor

well, the constitution specifically says, in the 1st amendment:

"the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances"

what more can i say?

Old Post 11-23-2014 01:10 AM
magnolia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for magnolia Click here to Send magnolia a Private Message Find more posts by magnolia Add magnolia to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not defending Brown.
He was a thug.
This officer is also more innocent than all the cops surrounding Rodney King according to the evidence.
But I think part of the grief here when it comes to the Brown incident is that they can't get around the fact that this cop went POW POW POW POW POW POW at a kid acting like a stupid adult.
Never mind that this punk went for his gun.
Never mind that he intended to hurt this cop because he had a FTW attitude after he strong arm robbed that store.
All they care about is that this cop unloaded his gun on an 18 year old.
It seems Ferguson has had a history of police violence.
And then they choose this example to riot.
It doesn't even make sense.
There is no evidence that points to the cop's guilt.
There's not even going to be a trail.
If there will be,it's because of these people that has a gun held up to their town.
It's silly.
Let's pretend that there were many cops surrounding Brown and instead of using their guns they woop ass some Rodney King in him and he lives.
Do you think their family will say thanks for not killing my son?
No.
I think they would sue the cops and put them on trail.
And when they are all exonerated,Brown would lead the riots.
But that's my opinion and really none of my business.

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Last edited by Large Filipino on 11-23-2014 at 01:41 AM

Old Post 11-23-2014 01:35 AM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
theMAC
lone gunman for the govt

but the hundreds who peaceably assemble don't count when the news only shows the dozen assholes burning down a gas station because a wannabe thug raised to be a criminal by an disturbingly democratically segregated society beat up a cop and got shot dead in front of witnesses.

the law is on the side of the cop; the kid did everything the wrong

yet, the people decide to stand up and say this is the result of a system that hates us (and they have a point) but their words are subverted by a group of shiftless miscreants who only want to lash out at a world where they see themselves as separate from the society that makes up the ruling class and the ruling class's lap dogs in blue.

When they complain that Ferguson doesn't have enough black police officers I think "What parents in Ferguson are raising their children to BE police officers?"
Answer: None (I defy you to prove me wrong)

When the news showcases the police's show of force and the destruction wrought by "protestors", who is representing the majority that want to protest peaceably and have their voices heard?
Answer: No one. (certainly no one who shows commercials in between cool graphics blurbs declaring this to be a crisis)

If I can make a really "white" metaphor here:
Braveheart wasn't a movie about a group of people wielding social influence to bring about change that helped their society, it was a film about a group of guys willing to slaughter everyone necessary to convince their sheepish fellows that it might be time to force change in the one place a sword can't do enough damage to be remembered.

If the people of Ferguson, MO represent a genuine concern of an entrenched part American society then history tells us they have to nuke that place to glass to be heard over the drone of the sheepish people's teeth biting off the grass just above it's roots.

and that's why it's called a "grass roots" movement

Old Post 11-23-2014 01:40 AM
theMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for theMAC Click here to Send theMAC a Private Message Find more posts by theMAC Add theMAC to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

I do agree Mac.
But the fact of the matter is that a cop is allowed to go all
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG on a young adult if
he's being a threat.
And according to the evidence,he was.
What needs to happen is a change in how police handle situations.
How many video's do we see cops BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG
on a family dog?
Maybe cops need to stop unloading their guns perhaps?
Maybe Brown only needed one bullet and then maybe he might say "SHIT SHIT THAT HURTS OKAY OKAY YOU GOT ME I SURRENDER!"
But NOOOOOOOOO.....

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Last edited by Large Filipino on 11-23-2014 at 01:59 AM

Old Post 11-23-2014 01:45 AM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
theMAC
lone gunman for the govt

LF, I hate to be the one to break this to you but we live in a police state.

You have NO constitutional rights when dealing with an officer of the law from any jurisdiction.

You can be detained at any time for no reason and you have NO legal recourse until such rights are returned to you by an officer of a court of law at some later date.

Be sure to explain this to your kids so they don't get shot by a cop who thinks their cell phone is a gun. (I am assuming your kids are darker skinned than the founding fathers)

White, black, brown, yellow, whatever, it's all "yessir boss" and lowered eyes when a police officer addresses you. (I am also assuming you aren't a rich ass 1% who can make sure the police officer in question ends up on the wrong side of his own pragmatic jurisprudence)

Old Post 11-23-2014 02:17 AM
theMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for theMAC Click here to Send theMAC a Private Message Find more posts by theMAC Add theMAC to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

This is why we need a third party president,congress and senate so they can cater to what Americans want and not those that fill their pockets with money.
Until then there's nothing much more we can do.
I do in fact get why the majority are demonstrating while the Media makes it seem like it's only rioting.
Because they are bought too.
I stay out of trouble Mac.
And I'll be the first to admit it's because I'm their bitch.
But Jesus Christ.
Let this Brown incident go.
Because we will not win this one.
Well I guess we can always channel Braveheart.
Ferguson should pick another incident.
Like any dog shooting.
Or an incident where SWAT raids the wrong house then shoots the owner dead.
Rally about those things.

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Last edited by Large Filipino on 11-23-2014 at 02:48 AM

Old Post 11-23-2014 02:44 AM
magnolia
playground monitor

maybe i'm weird, but i tend to think that if you let your dogs run outside without adequate supervision, you are taking a calculated risk that they might get shot if/when they cross your property line to pose a menace to someone else.

Old Post 11-23-2014 02:58 AM
Mister Freign
Population Surplus

quote:
Originally posted by theMAC
LF, I hate to be the one to break this to you but we live in a police state.

You have NO constitutional rights when dealing with an officer of the law from any jurisdiction.

You can be detained at any time for no reason and you have NO legal recourse until such rights are returned to you by an officer of a court of law at some later date.

Be sure to explain this to your kids so they don't get shot by a cop who thinks their cell phone is a gun. (I am assuming your kids are darker skinned than the founding fathers)

White, black, brown, yellow, whatever, it's all "yessir boss" and lowered eyes when a police officer addresses you. (I am also assuming you aren't a rich ass 1% who can make sure the police officer in question ends up on the wrong side of his own pragmatic jurisprudence)

No political party will do one single thing to alter this trend's continuity in the slightest.

Voting in any direction creates more police brutality and economic disparity, not less.

Grow food and hope you don't have to kill anyone. That's the option.

Old Post 11-23-2014 05:06 AM
Mister Freign is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mister Freign Click here to Send Mister Freign a Private Message Find more posts by Mister Freign Add Mister Freign to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FuhQall
High Flyer

Humans in general, Americans in particular (the group, not some individuals), are stupid if they think they have any rights. The bullshit about constitutional rights and the "I have rights" arguments are all worthless. You have not rights. None are present unless afforded to you.
Some scream out that this is not true or argue how they do in fact have rights, they can do anything they want so long as they do not harm anyone else. This may be true for some actions on the surface but rarely causes not harm when you dig a bit deeper.
Some will argue that if they want to swim in a shark infested ocean, then they should be able to as they are not causing harm to anyone else, on the surface this may be true. But, if you scratch a bit deeper and find out that they have a house, and the house is bonded or mortgaged, then they would be harming the lender if they got eaten.
There are so few actions we can take without harming because we have already "progressed" past the point where we have not enslaved ourselves to a system.
There are almost no people left in an urban setting who are not bonded to someone or something, where any action you take is considered harmful somewhere under the face value of your action.

If you can stand up and say, "I have no rent due, mortgage. I have no outstanding bills of any kind, I have not made any promises that I will break and have no employer or work commitments to honor. I have not children who I have assumed responsibilities for, nor any bonds that me breaking will negatively affect anyone else." , then you can do anything you want to yourself and not harm another.

The assumption that you have rights when you have any social or legal bonds is just preposterous, you have nothing resembling a right, you are a slave to your own consumerism and needs, you have already traded your rights for convenience.

Work towards breaking those bonds, and live free from the ties that bind you and you will be surprised that the system has no effect on you, nor has it any power over you. But keep in mind, the world already has every square inch bought and paid for already, there is no free land for you to live like this anymore. You are fucked the second you are born, you are already a slave.

You have no choice other than to stand behind a choice of either life in bondage or no life at all. But, then I just pointed out that even that choice is not a pure choice either.

So, you have your options, pick one you can stand to live with, but if you want running water and electricity, you want your garbage collected and roads that won't wreck your car driving on them, then accept that you are trading what little rights you have away for those things.

Riot, assemble peacefully, and any other rights-based clichés are just wasting oxygen and landing on deaf ears.

Choose not to give a fuck about rights, do what you want until someone or something circles it back and fucks you, then deal with, but do it quietly so the rest of us can get some sleep.

Old Post 11-23-2014 09:13 AM
FuhQall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FuhQall Click here to Send FuhQall a Private Message Find more posts by FuhQall Add FuhQall to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coincidence
Counterfeit

You guys are funny.

Old Post 11-23-2014 10:15 AM
Coincidence is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coincidence Click here to Send Coincidence a Private Message Visit Coincidence's homepage! Find more posts by Coincidence Add Coincidence to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DRZ

I think I've got it ... American public can buy as many guns as they like either legally or illegally, yet cops have to go into fucking dangerous situations at times aren't allowed to shoot black people acting all wide boy gangsta, then the news posts a picture of said black person from fucking school with his mum saying "He was a good child who loved his gran", before the whole neighbourhood riots.

In the UK there was the same once, a cop shot a gang member, Mark Duggan, who was carrying a gun in a sock, they rioted for weeks over that, London, Birmingham, Manchester, causing billions in damage. The Police identified as many as they could and sent the fuckers to prison.

Old Post 11-23-2014 01:27 PM
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

I think it's more along the lines of the police treat a certain segment of the population like shit long enough that they'll jump on any pretext to riot.

Old Post 11-23-2014 02:40 PM
Roshigoth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roshigoth Click here to Send Roshigoth a Private Message Find more posts by Roshigoth Add Roshigoth to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
magnolia
playground monitor

there's probably truth in both of those viewpoints.

Old Post 11-23-2014 04:23 PM
DRZ

quote:
Originally posted by Roshigoth
I think it's more along the lines of the police treat a certain segment of the population like shit long enough that they'll jump on any pretext to riot.

You've got an educated cop just wanting to survive the day so he can go home to his family, and they've got to control these idiots with guns, they're going to be twitchy as fuck.

All these gangsta rappers certainly don't help the situation being on telly waving their money about and driving cars with 22" rims whist ranting about popping caps at cops.

A lot of these so called rappers are flat broke.

Old Post 11-23-2014 05:17 PM
Coincidence
Counterfeit

Good job sounding like you're 80 years old.

Old Post 11-23-2014 06:50 PM
Coincidence is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coincidence Click here to Send Coincidence a Private Message Visit Coincidence's homepage! Find more posts by Coincidence Add Coincidence to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
magnolia
playground monitor

i guess that one question worth asking is how far should the peaceably assembled protestors be allowed to go before law enforcement intervenes?

shouting after midnight? shouting verbal abuse? threats? blocking businesses? blocking roads? throwing rotten fruit at buildings or at people? throwing rocks/bricks/garbage cans/firebombs at buildings? people? breaking windows on cars? on businesses? looting? breaking bones?

at what point do reasonable people agree that it's gone too far?

my point is when it starts to infringe on others. you can't destroy other people's stuff or keep them from getting to work/opening their businesses. or to sleep after midnight, for that matter. if you don't have a job and can hang out in the streets chanting, that's great for you, but your bennies and my paycheck depend on me getting rest and out to my job by 6:30 AM.

Old Post 11-23-2014 06:55 PM
Coincidence
Counterfeit

Sometimes the dog downstairs is barking during the night. If I had a job I might probably do something about it.

Old Post 11-23-2014 07:45 PM
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

quote:
Originally posted by DRZ
You've got an educated cop just wanting to survive the day so he can go home to his family, and they've got to control these idiots with guns, they're going to be twitchy as fuck.

All these gangsta rappers certainly don't help the situation being on telly waving their money about and driving cars with 22" rims whist ranting about popping caps at cops.

A lot of these so called rappers are flat broke.

If you had any experience with cops in America, you wouldn't assume they're either educated or without blame.

I'm not saying the rioters are in the right, but things aren't that simple, and there's blame enough for all sides.

Old Post 11-23-2014 08:39 PM
Roshigoth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roshigoth Click here to Send Roshigoth a Private Message Find more posts by Roshigoth Add Roshigoth to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DRZ

What's wrong with water cannons ... just seems like yank cops are too scared to do anything at all. In the UK there'd have been told to go home, if they didn't they'd be a mass baton charge and they'd all be arrested.

American cops with guns = pussies ..... British cops with a two foot stick and a nice cup of tea and a biscuit in them = hard as fuck. FACT.

Old Post 11-23-2014 09:10 PM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

quote:
Originally posted by magnolia
maybe i'm weird, but i tend to think that if you let your dogs run outside without adequate supervision, you are taking a calculated risk that they might get shot if/when they cross your property line to pose a menace to someone else.

I would actually assume that if someone reports a loose dog and a cop shows up,that cop would call ANIMAL CONTROL not GUN CONTROL.
But again this is none of my business.

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 11-23-2014 09:14 PM