The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > On the subject of Taco Bell and red meat
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Anti-Stile
-

Post On the subject of Taco Bell and red meat

Compliments of several activists
Here's some nice videos of the cruelty all of these animals go through.
Fucked Up Videos

A disembowled dying calf. Not nice is it?

A trammpled cow left to suffer

A downed cow with a broken neck is left to suffer at a Texas stockyard. Her neck was broken when she was forcibly separated from her calf in the marketing process.

Pile of dead veal calves.

Pig to sick to stand with a dead one left to rot.

Your Bacon

------------------
[spam]P H U K E R Z . C O M[/spam]

[This message has been edited by Anti-Stile (edited 03-05-2001).]

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-06-2001 04:58 AM
Anti-Stile is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anti-Stile Click here to Send Anti-Stile a Private Message Find more posts by Anti-Stile Add Anti-Stile to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anti-Stile
-

Here's some lit to enlighten

Here's how cows are processed for you red meat eaters...enjoy.

I entered the kill shed through a short, tunnel-like hall through which I could see what I soon learned was the third butchering station. The kill shed consisted of one room in which a number of operations are performed by one or two of six butchers at four stations along the length of the room. In the kill shed there is also a United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) inspector who examines parts of every animal who goes through the kill shed.

The first station is the killing station. It is worked by one man whose job is to herd the animal into the killing stall, slaughter him or her, and begin the butchering process. This stage of the process takes about ten minutes for each animal, and begins with the opening of a heavy steel door that separates the killing stall from the waiting chute. The man working this station must then go into a corridor adjacent to the waiting chute, and prod his next victim into the killing stall with a high-voltage electric cattle prod. This is the most time-consuming part of the operation because the cattle are fully aware of what lies ahead, and are determined not to enter the killing stall. The physical symptoms of terror were painfully evident on the faces of each and every animal I saw either in the actual killing stall or in the waiting chute. During the 40 seconds to a minute that each animal had to wait in the killing stall before losing consciousness, the terror became visibly more intense. The animal could smell the blood, and see his or her former companions in various stages of dismemberment. During the last few seconds of life, the animal thrashes about the stall as much as its confines allow. All four of the cows whose deaths I witnessed strained frantically, futilely, and pathetically towards the ceiling -- the only direction that was not blocked by a steel door. Death came in the form of a pneumatic nail gun that was placed against their heads and fired.

The gun is designed so that the nail never completely leaves the gun, but simply is blown into the animal's head and then pulled out by the butcher as the animal collapses. Three of the four times I saw it used, it did the job on the first try, but one cow struggled a good deal after collapsing. After the animal has collapsed, the side of the killing stall is raised, and a chain is secured to the right hind leg. The cow is then hoisted by that one leg to a hanging position. At this point, the butcher drains the body of blood by slitting the cow's throat. When the blood vessels are severed, there is an amazing torrent of blood so profuse that the butcher is unable to step aside fast enough to avoid being covered with it. This steaming torrent of blood lasts only about 15 seconds, after which the only task left to the man at the first station is to skin and remove the animal's head.

At the second station in the kill shed, the headless animal is dropped to the floor. The body is propped up on the back and relieved of hooves and, if female, milk sack and udders. At this time, any urine and feces that didn't drain from the body during the first few seconds of death now pour freely onto the floor. The body is then slit down the middle, and the hide is peeled partially away. A yoke is then hooked to the stumps of the hind legs, the body is lifted upwards, and the rest of the hide is pulled past a roller secured to the floor and peeled off. The animal's body is now at the third station of the kill shed where it is gutted and then sawed in half -- becoming two "sides of beef".

The sides of beef are sprayed down and weighed at the fourth and final station of the kill station. They are then placed in the cooling locker where the residual warmth of life steams away slowly in preparation for the deep-freeze storage locker. From the cooling locker, the meat goes into a main storage area where it is kept for as long as a week. This locker exits to a butchering area where the sides of beef are reduced to parts for the supermarket which end up on dining room tables.

The final stop on my tour was the sausage and hot dog production facilities. It is often said that if you could see what goes into a hot dog, you'd never eat one eat one again. Well that adage applies tenfold to the production of sausage. The most violently nauseating smell that I have ever experienced was the odor wafting up from the sausage meat boiling vats.

As I left the complex, I was embarrassed about my previous skepticism, and I encourage anyone who has any of the doubts that I once possessed to make a visit to a slaughterhouse or spend a day at a factory farm. I think it would become clear that there has to be better way to feed ourselves, and that it is our duty as moral beings to pursue the alternatives.

Big Mac Recipe

Big Macs are made of the ground up flesh of a cow, who was taken from its mother at birth and raised either for slaughter or milk production. A male calf raised for slaughter has his testicles and horns removed by painfully brutal methods, and is crowded with other calves in a feedlot, allowed little exercise, and fed an unnatural diet to fatten more quickly. A female is sent to a dairy farm to produce milk. She is confined to an indoor stall, kept pregnant to produce milk constantly, and milked three times a day. After 5-6 years, she is slaughtered and her flesh is ground into hamburger: your Big Mac.

------------------------

Old Post 03-06-2001 04:59 AM
Anti-Stile is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anti-Stile Click here to Send Anti-Stile a Private Message Find more posts by Anti-Stile Add Anti-Stile to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Princess_Chelle
no thank you

Thumbs down

*cries*

------------------------
"Men are all alike--except the one you've met who's different."-Mae West

"Brains are an asset to the woman in love who's smart enough to hide 'em."- also Mae West

Old Post 03-06-2001 04:59 AM
Princess_Chelle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Princess_Chelle Click here to Send Princess_Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Princess_Chelle Add Princess_Chelle to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chantrea
defected

Yeah.

If only they didn't taste so damn good.

------------------------
I only want your happiness, knowing I can never be yours to share it.

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:03 AM
Chantrea is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chantrea Click here to Send Chantrea a Private Message Find more posts by Chantrea Add Chantrea to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Princess_Chelle
no thank you

im a vegitarian
but my kids and my husband are not!
grrr!!
i have to prepare that stuff.
it leaves me feeling very torn.

------------------------
"Men are all alike--except the one you've met who's different."-Mae West

"Brains are an asset to the woman in love who's smart enough to hide 'em."- also Mae West

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:08 AM
Princess_Chelle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Princess_Chelle Click here to Send Princess_Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Princess_Chelle Add Princess_Chelle to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

quote:
Originally posted by Princess_Chelle:
im a vegitarian
grrr!!

Tell em if they want it they can cook it themselves. Otherwise, they can eat veggies like you.

------------------------
Groovin' in self-pity!
Graphic Cheeseworks.

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:10 AM
Roshigoth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roshigoth Click here to Send Roshigoth a Private Message Find more posts by Roshigoth Add Roshigoth to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chantrea
defected

quote:
Originally posted by Princess_Chelle:
im a vegitarian
grrr!!

Ick.

You sure are a good mommy to do that for your family. My mother is also a veggie, and prepares poultry/fish for our family, (we don't eat pork or red meats).

------------------------
I only want your happiness, knowing I can never be yours to share it.

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:10 AM
Chantrea is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chantrea Click here to Send Chantrea a Private Message Find more posts by Chantrea Add Chantrea to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brimstone
ittle' boy

quote:
Originally posted by Chantrea:
Yeah.

If only they didn't taste so damn good.

i couldn't have said it better myself

only i would've added the line

"If only they didn't taste so damn good, i might just care"

------------------------
- brimstone

"DIE IN MY BOOBY!"

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:11 AM
brimstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brimstone Click here to Send brimstone a Private Message Visit brimstone's homepage! Find more posts by brimstone Add brimstone to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DevilMoon
passive stalker?

I love to smoke. I love to smoke and I love to eat red meat. I love to eat raw fucking red meat. Nothing I like better than sucking down a hot steaming cheese burger and a butt at the same time. I love to smoke. I love to eat red meat. I'll only eat red meat that comes from cows who smoke, ok!? Special cows they grow in Virginia with voice boxes in their necks. "[VB] Moo"

I tried eating vegetarian. I feel like a wimp going into a restaurant. "What do you want to eat sir? Brocolli?" Brocolli's a side dish, folks. Always was, always will be, ok? When they ask me what I want, I say, "What do you think I want!? This is America. I want a bowl of raw red meat right now. Forget about that. Bring me a live cow over to the table. I'll carve off what I want and ride the rest home!"

- Dennis Leary

------------------------
choosy mothers choose evil

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:13 AM
DevilMoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilMoon Click here to Send DevilMoon a Private Message Find more posts by DevilMoon Add DevilMoon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
macker
Holy Me-el

It's odd, but the above just doesn't affect me. Maybe it's because I lived on a farm for 5 years of my life, and saw a lot of animals slaughtered.

As for your family, tell them to cook their own meat. My mother is a vegetarian, and refuses to cook meat for me. I have absolutely no problem with this, as it is only fair.

------------------------
Individualists unite!

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:16 AM
macker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for macker Click here to Send macker a Private Message Visit macker's homepage! Find more posts by macker Add macker to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DevilMoon
passive stalker?

"Don't eat no red meat, no, don't eat no green meat, okay. What you talking about. Yo, if you're one of the chosen few people on this earth that are lucky enough to get your hands on a steak, bite the shit out if it." --Chris Rock

"Eggplant tastes like eggplant, but meat tastes like murder. And murder tastes pretty fucking good."
-- Dennis Leary

------------------------
choosy mothers choose evil

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:16 AM
DevilMoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilMoon Click here to Send DevilMoon a Private Message Find more posts by DevilMoon Add DevilMoon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

Thumbs up

Leary rocks!

------------------------
Groovin' in self-pity!
Graphic Cheeseworks.

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:17 AM
Roshigoth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roshigoth Click here to Send Roshigoth a Private Message Find more posts by Roshigoth Add Roshigoth to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

Animals should be killed humanely. Not like how humans kill humans.

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:18 AM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anti-Stile
-

The best case scenario for meat eaters is if you want to eat it kill it yourself, skin it, bleed it, gut it, chop it up. Without a doubt 90% of people wouldn't do it unless faced with starvation. If we are in a state of starvation and there are no alternatives the survival instincts kick in and we bow to them. I have no problem with that.

I really love people who make the same tired comments about tasting good and you don't care. None of you would have the balls to kill and prepare your meat on a daily basis. Talk all the shit you want but you live in cities and by prepackaged, pretty meat. You'd cry like bitches if you had to actually kill something staring back into your eyes.

------------------------

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:28 AM
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

quote:
Originally posted by Anti-Stile:
The best case scenario for meat eaters is if you want to eat it kill it yourself, skin it, bleed it, gut it, chop it up. Without a doubt 90% of people wouldn't do it unless faced with starvation. If we are in a state of starvation and there are no alternatives the survival instincts kick in and we bow to them. I have no problem with that.

I really love people who make the same tired comments about tasting good and you don't care. None of you would have the balls to kill and prepare your meat on a daily basis. Talk all the shit you want but you live in cities and by prepackaged, pretty meat. You'd cry like bitches if you had to actually kill something staring back into your eyes.

What are you talking about? We killed and ate our dog last night!

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:29 AM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

Maybe so, I couldn't tell you how I'd react unless I was put in that situation. Until then, I'm more than happy eating meat.

Sorry, it just tastes too good to give up.

------------------------
Groovin' in self-pity!
Graphic Cheeseworks.

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:29 AM
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

Imagine if we had to make our own clothes, too! That would be harder!

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:30 AM
Anti-Stile
-

quote:
Originally posted by Roshigoth:
Maybe so, I couldn't tell you how I'd react unless I was put in that situation. Until then, I'm more than happy eating meat.

Sorry, it just tastes too good to give up.

I have no problem with that at least you're honest about it.

------------------------

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:31 AM
Vegas
15 = micropenis

I say leave it the way it is. Meat is good. And besides, you either kill animals or you kill plants to eat, either way you're killing something, we've just been brought up to associate animals with "life" and not with plants. I hope your next carrot screams at you in agony as you skin it.

------------------------
"You have just destroyed one model XQJ-37 nuclear powered pansexual
roto-plooker....and you're gonna have to pay for it."
-Frank Zappa

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:33 AM
Vegas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas Click here to Send Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Vegas Add Vegas to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dingle
Gay for Mugtoe

i agree that its disturbing and quite sad, but its also PETA propoganda. I'm sure those slaughterhouses are breaking laws and probably paid for that, but you can't take a few pictures from PETA and assume thats how all animals are slaughtered.

We gotta face it, life cant exist without killing. One life has got to end for another to survive, whether its a cow or a corn stalk, or a gazelle whos throat was just ripped out by a cheetah.

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:37 AM
Dingle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dingle Click here to Send Dingle a Private Message Find more posts by Dingle Add Dingle to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anti-Stile
-

quote:
Originally posted by Vegas:
I say leave it the way it is. Meat is good. And besides, you either kill animals or you kill plants to eat, either way you're killing something, we've just been brought up to associate animals with "life" and not with plants. I hope your next carrot screams at you in agony as you skin it.

ridiculous argument.

Does a plant raise it's young and look out for it?
Does a plant experience pain?
Does a plant help people in 3rd world countries with day-to-day tasks, i.e. plowing fields, etc.?
Does a plant have babies that depend on the parents for food?
Does a plant have any intelligence?
Does a plant show love like an animal?

I realize peple will always eat meat and I'm not trying to get people to change. People are just blind to how they get their "feed" and if they had to couldn't do it on their own.

------------------------

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:38 AM
urbanjunkie

quote:
Talk all the shit you want but you live in cities and by prepackaged, pretty meat. You'd cry like bitches if you had to actually kill something staring back into your eyes.

Thats evolution for you.

I eat meat. I find the above pictures distressing. They still need to be slaughtered to feed the masses, but the treatment the poor bastards get is evil.

Will I stop eating meat in protest?

No.

Im far too weak to do that.

------------------------
never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level
and then beat you with experience.

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:39 AM
urbanjunkie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for urbanjunkie Click here to Send urbanjunkie a Private Message Find more posts by urbanjunkie Add urbanjunkie to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anti-Stile
-

quote:
Originally posted by Dingle:
i agree that its disturbing and quite sad, but its also PETA propoganda. I'm sure those slaughterhouses are breaking laws and probably paid for that, but you can't take a few pictures from PETA and assume thats how all animals are slaughtered.

Sorry dingle I forgot about all the animals who are slaughtered in a nice and sunny way.

------------------------

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:43 AM
Dingle
Gay for Mugtoe

quote:
Sorry dingle I forgot about all the animals who are slaughtered in a nice and sunny way.

"humane slaughter" is an oxymoron. slaughtering anything isnt humane, but some methods are less humane than others.

humans are carnivores, carnivores kill for food. i think your point is people dont realize the process of putting a slab of beef in a bun, what the animals go through, but thats part of the convenience of living in 2001. youre also presenting a biased argument fueled by an extremist animal rights organization.

granted any images of animals being slaughtered, humanely or not, would have shock value, but it is a fact of life that we need to kill to survive.

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:51 AM
Dingle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dingle Click here to Send Dingle a Private Message Find more posts by Dingle Add Dingle to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

If you people get really hungry, you can always kill me and then EAT ME!

Old Post 03-06-2001 05:52 AM