The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > The fine art of knitting.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
melon
Fishleader

Post The fine art of knitting.

I dont know anything about knitting. Its not because i have some sort of difficulty learning about it, its just that it takes time. besides, what kind of skill is knitting in todays high-tech world?

very much like boat making.

------------------
ALL HAIL FISHLEADER!
Fish Nation Anthem - download HERE.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-20-2001 07:30 PM
melon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for melon Click here to Send melon a Private Message Visit melon's homepage! Find more posts by melon Add melon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aminal
incomplete

you're thinking of crochet

------------------------
a /\/\ i n a l

"In complete darkness we are all the same,
It is only our minds that separate us."

Old Post 04-20-2001 07:33 PM
aminal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for aminal Click here to Send aminal a Private Message Find more posts by aminal Add aminal to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Avondale
oh hello

what the f...
i buy the fuckin pizza pie, and now my wife, she sick, my daughter sick, she throwing up.
what kind of business is this?
i kill that fuckin place!

------------------------
my right wing is flapping, the left one is gray

Old Post 04-20-2001 07:33 PM
Avondale is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Avondale Click here to Send Avondale a Private Message Find more posts by Avondale Add Avondale to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nymbus
incognito

I can knit. I was in the hospital for nine weeks a couple of years back, and someone taught me. I made a blanket and bootie. Then I got out and haven't touched it since. It's actually really easy once you know how. And very calming, almost meditative.

------------------------
Smile, tomorrow will be worse.

Old Post 04-20-2001 07:35 PM
nymbus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nymbus Click here to Send nymbus a Private Message Find more posts by nymbus Add nymbus to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nymbus
incognito

BTW, where the fuck did I get a culture point?

------------------------

Old Post 04-20-2001 07:36 PM
nymbus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nymbus Click here to Send nymbus a Private Message Find more posts by nymbus Add nymbus to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RogueWarrior
Cuddly Puppy

quote:
Originally posted by lunacy13:
BTW, where the fuck did I get a culture point?

Well see, there's the culture point fairy. His name is Paint CHiPS, and sprinkles his fairy dust on you, and suddenly you have a point.

It's a long and involved procedure...far more dificult than it sounds, mostly because of the crap you have to go through to get the fairy's attention. He's usually too bust typing novel-length rants to notice you, unless you show him your tits.

All kidding aside...one of the mods is in charge of culture points. You said something somewhere that got that mod's attention and approval, so you got the point. Nothing all that unusual. Evan I have a point or two somewhere.

------------------------
What you would kill to see brings out the GOD in me.

Old Post 04-20-2001 07:52 PM
RogueWarrior is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RogueWarrior Click here to Send RogueWarrior a Private Message Find more posts by RogueWarrior Add RogueWarrior to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WastedPotential
sociotard

knitting is like math. you don't need to know how to do it if you have a calculator.

------------------------
POW!

Old Post 04-20-2001 07:55 PM
WastedPotential is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WastedPotential Click here to Send WastedPotential a Private Message Find more posts by WastedPotential Add WastedPotential to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nymbus
incognito

Smile

quote:
Originally posted by WastedPotential:
knitting is like math. you don't need to know how to do it if you have a calculator.

Why would you not need to know how to knit if you have a calculator? I don't get it.

------------------------

Old Post 04-20-2001 07:59 PM
melon
Fishleader

In russia they dont even have calculators.
Back in the 60's they had to march for 5 hours in the snow all the way from Krasnoslobodsk, just to subtract.

Thats why they are so good at math and knitting warm clothing.

Old Post 04-20-2001 08:24 PM
melon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for melon Click here to Send melon a Private Message Visit melon's homepage! Find more posts by melon Add melon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WastedPotential
sociotard

pre-calculator subtraction in the former soviet union. TASS, 1956.

------------------------
POW!

Old Post 04-20-2001 08:39 PM
WastedPotential is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WastedPotential Click here to Send WastedPotential a Private Message Find more posts by WastedPotential Add WastedPotential to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote