The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > The threads that keep this place going thread.
We need
Threads about threads that keep this place going threads.
Threads that don't talk about the threads that keep this place going threads.
To revamp old threads hoping they will come back because we have no real lives though.
FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING FUCK FUCKER!
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Coincidence
Counterfeit

I've tried to recommend it to two people. They took one look and never spoke to me again.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-14-2017 10:51 PM
Coincidence is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coincidence Click here to Send Coincidence a Private Message Visit Coincidence's homepage! Find more posts by Coincidence Add Coincidence to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

quote:
Originally posted by rust
Do any of you promote the asylum on social media? FB, Gab, Twitter, Minds etc? I've brought this up already, but this site is a phantom to these young bucks, and I know it could be way more popular than it is. Obviously I've only been here for a few years, but do any of you old heads ever wonder if the asylum is too haunted for new recruits?

We have a very big problem here. New members CANNOT post. I forgot what the reason is but Simon knows and explained it. So, in effect, we can't grow since only long-time members can post here. We're like stagnant water. Hopefully, this can change.

Old Post 09-15-2017 01:50 AM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rust
Vote GOP

quote:
Originally posted by GoFuckYourselves!
We have a very big problem here. New members CANNOT post. I forgot what the reason is but Simon knows and explained it. So, in effect, we can't grow since only long-time members can post here. We're like stagnant water. Hopefully, this can change.

Is this the real asylum or a mirror? That makes me think the gov. have taken over this site, or maybe Russian hackers, and either entity are waiting for someone to return. Jesus Christ brother, is my bank account safe, what little I have in it?

Old Post 09-15-2017 02:38 AM
rust is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rust Click here to Send rust a Private Message Find more posts by rust Add rust to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

New members require an authorization to begin posting. Prior to about mid-summer a year ago, any admin could grant that. As some may recall, the board was down then for several days, and when it came back up I was no longer receiving e-mail notices of new members, nor could I authorize their posting. I still don't get the e-mails, and still cannot authorize posting privileges. There are only three admin authorized members on the board any longer, although there are a few others who haven't posted in years. Dingle is the owner of the hosting server, and theoretically is the sys admin - the software is old and a huge kludge of mods in the last ten years, and he is the only one who knows what features work and which don;t. Since he shows up maybe twice a year to post, and has not responded to my queries about the issue, I quit worrying about it at all. As far as I know, only he can restore features.

Old Post 09-16-2017 09:27 AM
SimpleSimon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SimpleSimon Click here to Send SimpleSimon a Private Message Find more posts by SimpleSimon Add SimpleSimon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coincidence
Counterfeit

So you're saying you're a quitter.

Old Post 09-16-2017 12:12 PM
Coincidence is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coincidence Click here to Send Coincidence a Private Message Visit Coincidence's homepage! Find more posts by Coincidence Add Coincidence to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

Grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.

Old Post 09-16-2017 02:35 PM
SimpleSimon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SimpleSimon Click here to Send SimpleSimon a Private Message Find more posts by SimpleSimon Add SimpleSimon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
karen
Lesser Satan

Let's be real, kids.
New members or not, this place is not coming back from the dead any more thoroughly than its current zombie-like state. Y'all have finished up all the brains and moved on to eating entrails at this point. Fresh brains won't matter because you've clearly decided entrails taste better.

Old Post 09-17-2017 08:19 PM
karen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for karen Click here to Send karen a Private Message Find more posts by karen Add karen to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rust
Vote GOP

quote:
Originally posted by karen
Let's be real, kids.
New members or not, this place is not coming back from the dead any more thoroughly than its current zombie-like state. Y'all have finished up all the brains and moved on to eating entrails at this point. Fresh brains won't matter because you've clearly decided entrails taste better.

Maybe, though it's always a treat to nibble fresh conarium from time to time.

Old Post 09-17-2017 08:44 PM
rust is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rust Click here to Send rust a Private Message Find more posts by rust Add rust to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

I maintain that this place could definitely grow if new members could post. I see that we have new members all the time here.

Old Post 09-18-2017 04:52 AM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

quote:
Originally posted by GoFuckYourselves!
I maintain that this place could definitely grow if new members could post. I see that we have new members all the time here.
I agree.

Old Post 09-18-2017 06:02 PM
Coincidence
Counterfeit

I admit it would improve the odds.

Old Post 09-18-2017 06:44 PM
Coincidence
Counterfeit

quote:
Let's be real, kids.

Oh, thanks a lot Karen. But I'm afraid TT already filled the 'defeatist bitch' gap. In more than one way - just ask his wife, eh!

What we need is some class and some fun. Do you have any of that?

Old Post 09-19-2017 08:22 AM
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

Oh, Dane, it's astonishing how little you know about me.

Old Post 09-20-2017 05:32 PM
Trenchant_Troll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trenchant_Troll Click here to Send Trenchant_Troll a Private Message Find more posts by Trenchant_Troll Add Trenchant_Troll to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

quote:
Let's be real, kids.

I lack entrails and they say you are what you eat. Seriously, this post is so true. This place jumped the shark a long time ago. At this point it's like a car wreck and the only people left are rubber-neckers.

Old Post 09-20-2017 07:00 PM
Trenchant_Troll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trenchant_Troll Click here to Send Trenchant_Troll a Private Message Find more posts by Trenchant_Troll Add Trenchant_Troll to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
karen
Lesser Satan

My guess is 75% of those "new" posters are spammers, 15% are probably old members who have forgotten their passwords, and 10% are people registering to let us know that an old member has died.

Sorry, Coin. I still heart you and stuff. Even if you did bitch-pernt me.

Old Post 09-20-2017 10:31 PM
karen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for karen Click here to Send karen a Private Message Find more posts by karen Add karen to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote