The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > The Pope says abortion is akin to hiring a hitman.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
J E B Stuart
Administrator

The Pope says abortion is akin to hiring a hitman.

...Is it licit to throw away a life to resolve a problem?” he said at a Saturday conference in Vatican City. “Is it licit to hire a hit man to resolve a problem?” ...”. From here.

Interesting analogy. I’m gonna let it soak in for a spell.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-25-2019 07:23 PM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

I think it's an absolutely moronic analogy!

Old Post 05-25-2019 08:27 PM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Why is that?

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Old Post 05-25-2019 08:59 PM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

You need to be told? Well, I ain't gonna do it.

Old Post 05-25-2019 09:46 PM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by GoFuckYourselves!
You need to be told? Well, I ain't gonna do it.

Amen.

Old Post 05-25-2019 10:06 PM
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

(That rooster in the back looks like my grandmother!)

Old Post 05-25-2019 10:16 PM
Muffy
Crika bait

I have to agree that it is a fucking moronic analogy. The difficulty with the abortion debate is that you're talking about two lives, not one, which makes it very, very different from a simple case of murder. To further complicate things, in most places the fetus doesn't have legal status as a person, whereas the mother does. Unfortunately, women have also historically had the legal status of chattels, so our rights to govern our own bodies as we see fit seems a little confusing to some folk. Not that surprising given some people still think slave ownership is OK too.

Old Post 05-26-2019 04:51 AM
Muffy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Muffy Click here to Send Muffy a Private Message Find more posts by Muffy Add Muffy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pinecrika
Muffer's He-beast

I don't think that hitmen and an abortion are the same things but in both cases, problems are solved. Providing you hire a professional hit man (or hit woman) that won't get caught or roll on you when questioned by authorities. I suppose the same could be said when choosing an abortion doc, one wouldn't want their snatch to accidentally get ripped out in a back alley clinic.

So what I'm supposed to be getting from this is that The Pope is telling us we get what we pay for? I could have told you that.

Old Post 05-30-2019 07:22 AM
Pinecrika is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pinecrika Click here to Send Pinecrika a Private Message Find more posts by Pinecrika Add Pinecrika to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Muffy
Crika bait

This anti-abortion thing is gaining momentum. Seriously? That's so fucked up. So, so fucked up. Regardless of how icky abortion is, how cute babies are, how bad it makes you feel for personal and religious reasons, if it's not your body FUCK OFF AND MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS. Women must have autonomy over their own bodies, it's that simple. Fuckers. How about instead of telling women what they can and can't do, they focus their energy on creating a society in which better choices can be made.

Old Post 05-31-2019 06:25 AM
Muffy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Muffy Click here to Send Muffy a Private Message Find more posts by Muffy Add Muffy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fubar
mud falcon

Part of what we are seeing is the death throes of religion in the US. Unfortunately, what is replacing it is not intellectualism, but general, apathetic agnosticism about EVERYTHING.

Being vacuous is now a virtue. Even tones of voice have become drab vocal fry. I fucking hate this place.

Old Post 06-02-2019 09:07 PM
fubar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fubar Click here to Send fubar a Private Message Find more posts by fubar Add fubar to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Muffy
Crika bait

The Kardashians and their cult aren't exactly helping prove that women are intelligent enough to be given choices about reproduction. All these vacuous young women who put three inches of crap on their eyebrows and try to paint their cheekbones white just kill me. I want to slap the dumb out of each and every one of them. Seriously, I was raised to believe a woman's place is in the kitchen and her worth is determined by whether or not she is attractive enough to marry a wealthy man (seriously, my Dad was old old school) I had to fight so damn hard to get an education and I thought we were making some progress until recently, where we seem to have started running backwards.

I find it odd that it coincides with the "me too" movement, and where old timers are having their bottom touching sins of the past brought back to haunt them. It seems a bit like the thinking behind sharia law, where women are sacred and shouldn't be touched and stuff, but lets just cut off their clits and give them no rights to keep them that way.

You chaps probably don't watch things like the Handmaid's tale? It's actually very good and worth a look. Or just read the book.

Old Post 06-02-2019 09:27 PM
Coincidence
Counterfeit

quote:
Originally posted by Muffy
The Kardashians and their cult aren't exactly helping prove that women are intelligent enough to be given choices about reproduction.

Amazing sentence to read in 2019.

Old Post 06-03-2019 10:45 AM
Coincidence is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coincidence Click here to Send Coincidence a Private Message Visit Coincidence's homepage! Find more posts by Coincidence Add Coincidence to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Muffy
Crika bait

Well shit, if women want to be treated like autonomous, rational agents then perhaps they should dispense with the Barbie doll routine. I'm just sayin'. That being said, it should still be their choice, it just doesn't really help, IMO.

Old Post 06-03-2019 07:33 PM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

There are those who say men have no standing to discuss abortion; that a woman is lord and master over all things pertaining to her body; that men have no dog in the hunt because only women are biologically capable of carrying a child; that a fetus is not a human; and so on.

I am a man. Many, many years ago, I was a fetus. Unlike Brettsie, I have never yearned for gender reassignment. Lastly, since I am a heathen, it goes without saying that I am not Catholic.

Okay, okay, okay. So, what about that silly Pope? Especially when abortion is pondered in conjunction with a “beating heart”, there is one thing that I cannot get my head wrapped around. To explain:

Imagine you’re pregnant with “Oops”. By the time you get around to making an appointment at the clinic, Oops has a heartbeat. You arrive and everything is going smoothly. Well, you’re on the table, ready to go. But, just as the doctor is about to “pull the trigger” he has a seizure and falls to the floor. While he flops, wobbles and foams at the mouth, you cry out to the nurse, “Hey! What about me? Somebody needs to finish this!”

Nurse yells back, “Do it yourself! I’ve got to tend to him!

For a moment, forget laws. Morals. Religion. There is one thing I am absolutely certain of - I could never “pull the trigger”, myself. So, while I don’t necessarily agree or disagree with the Pope, I understand his analogy.

Amen.

Old Post 06-05-2019 08:17 PM
fubar
mud falcon

I'm in the grey zone between thinking it should be legal, but have an uneasiness about aborting a viable (able to live outside the uterus) fetus. I'm not sure what the right answer is, but making all abortion illegal can't be right.

Old Post 06-05-2019 08:51 PM
fubar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fubar Click here to Send fubar a Private Message Find more posts by fubar Add fubar to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Muffy
Crika bait

JEB, I suppose the reason men don't really get a say is that they never actually have to pull the trigger. It's easy to have a hypothetical point of view when you know the hypothetical situation will never apply to you.

Soo..... stretching the limits of thinking hypothetically, let's say you were out for your evening jog one day when a group of thugs jump you. You try to fight them but there's too many. They rape you. Roughly.

You limp, sobbing and ashamed, to the nearest police station where they unceremoniously make you strip and hand over your blood-soaked underpants. You're then led to a room, where a rough looking medical assistant tells you to spread your legs so he can scrape your privates while he snaps on a pair of rubber gloves in a "I wish I didn't have to do this every day" type fashion.

After you've been processed, an officer takes you home and gives you a well-practised little speech about how they will do everything they can but, 9 times out of 10, they never find the people responsible.

Six weeks later, you're still having nightmares and episodes of PTSD. You don't go out anymore. Your friends all wonder why you're so quiet and skittish all of a sudden. You tell your father what happened. You can see his heart breaking and the look of rage in his eyes. You know he'll never look at you the same way.

You break things off with your significant other. Them wanting sex and you not being able to explain to them why you're not in the mood is just too much of a headache at the moment. You have to try and get your life back together.

You notice your period is late. You get a home pregnancy kit and, to your horror, it's positive. You know you don't want to keep the child, but you can't even think of it as a child as it's all just too much to deal with. You can't tell anyone. They'll judge you. Abortion is illegal where you live and you can't risk anyone knowing.

Your head and guts are all snarled up. You never thought you'd get an abortion. You love babies and your little nephew is a delight. You always wanted to be a parent, one day. But you just know, deep down, that if you have to carry this "thing" inside you for 9 months you'll go crazy. You never asked for this. You never did anything wrong.

You end up finding out how to get a back alley abortion. Do you pull the trigger?

If you still say no, then congratulations, your life has just been changed forever.

The next nine months will be spent explaining to people how you got knocked up. Strangers will come up to you and congratulate you and ask you whether you know if it's a boy or a girl. If so, they'll want to know if you have a name picked. If you tell people that you don't want to keep the child and are looking at adoption options, you'll see a flicker of judgement pass across their face before they say something trite like "oh well, parenting isn't for everyone".

Yiu have to balance the pain of giving up a child against the pain of being reminded of the circumstances of conception before you can decide whether to adopt the baby out. Ultimately, that won't be a hard choice though as when the baby starts to kick, it reminds you of how you were kicked and beaten when they raped you. You vomit.

You meet a nice couple. They tell you how happy they'd be to take the baby but please make sure you don't smoke, drink or take any recreational drugs because they don't want you harming the baby.

Your belly swells and gets stretch marks. You don't mind them so much, but you dread the thought of having to explain to everyone who sees your stomach from that point on why you don't have a child when your body says otherwise.

You have to stop working because you can't keep up with the physical demands anymore. Your sick days have already been used up. You weren't going to be eligible for maternity leave any way, as thats for the express purpose of "looking after your child", which kind of rules you out. You worry about the medical bills, and who will be there to help you when you go in to labor.

The big day finally arives. You go through a gruelling birth and dutifully hand over the child to its new parents. You get one night to yourself, alone in the hospital, your body feeling like it has been torn apart, before you have to go home and worry about your mounting debt and the eviction notices sitting on your kitchen table.

You sit there, with a gun in your hand, wondering whether this time you'll be able to pull the trigger.

Old Post 06-06-2019 01:25 AM
Muffy
Crika bait

Alt ending 1:

You decide to pull the trigger and get the back alley abortion.

It doesn't go too well, you bleed to death. Your family are all shamed by the circumstances of your death and have to deal with that while they make your funeral arrangements.

Old Post 06-06-2019 01:36 AM
Muffy
Crika bait

Alt ending 2:

You decide to pull the trigger and get the back alley abortion.

Al is going well until some nosey evangelical snaps a photo of you coming out of the clinic and reports you. You're dragged in for blood testing and medical examination that confirms that you have just had an abortion.

You're sentenced to death.

Old Post 06-06-2019 01:39 AM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

Women are Property.
There.
Move along now...

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 06-06-2019 09:02 PM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by fubar
I'm in the grey zone between thinking it should be legal, but have an uneasiness about aborting a viable (able to live outside the uterus) fetus. I'm not sure what the right answer is, but making all abortion illegal can't be right.

Abortion is not a hot button topic for me, fubar. But, if I was asked to describe my current thinking on it, I think your position would fit mine on all four corners.

Amen.

Old Post 06-06-2019 09:09 PM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

This is the reason why I find Abortion so silly.
Because this is every single day.
Baby Roosters naw.
We want plump delicious females!

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 06-06-2019 10:39 PM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

Seriously. If you eat meat and is pro life, you are so confused.

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 06-06-2019 11:06 PM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

But we are better than Chickens.
Ah the Human Privilege.

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 06-06-2019 11:08 PM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

There are Humans in this world I find more worthless than any of the baby roosters in that video. But let's give them a chance to be that asshole.

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 06-06-2019 11:11 PM
Muffy
Crika bait

They all grow up to be cocks, LF.

Gross video. I was eating lemon curd on toast when I played it. I gagged a little.

Old Post 06-06-2019 11:24 PM