The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > Ebay
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
absolut
one sock

Ebay

It's quite addictive.
A few idle moments - and then all is lost.
I felt quite indifferent about a retro purple shirt I saw until I'd bid everyone else out of the water over a cheap pair of jeans, only to have them snatched away from me in the last minute.
Then? 10 seconds to register a bid for the shirt - fumbled about on the keyboard. Ten dollars all too late.
My combative instincts were alerted.
Though I have thankfully been overtaken on most of my bids, I admit to finding something I liked the look of, seeing the auction closed in 1 minute and just bidding for it (it was a dress - I checked the size later).
The problem is - it's not how much I want something - the problem is not wanting to be be overtaken by anyone else.
Had a busy day of it.
Not too expensive (only because other people seem to have a hell of a lot more cash than me).
Ebay anyone?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-30-2005 10:55 AM
absolut is offline Click Here to See the Profile for absolut Click here to Send absolut a Private Message Find more posts by absolut Add absolut to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rokkr
Completely Wack

Hah, the few things I've bought on Ebay were off the wall enough I hardly had any competition at all. Haven't bought anything there in at least a year anyway.

Old Post 10-30-2005 12:38 PM
Rokkr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rokkr Click here to Send Rokkr a Private Message Find more posts by Rokkr Add Rokkr to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
willimo
Erythrophiliac

I only find eBay useful for rare model kits or other toys, and I always set a "what it's worth to me" limit before I go hunting after it. I've had a few instances where kits got to be expensive and I battled it out because they were must haves, and only won a few. A week later, the same kit would showed up and go for half the cost. The lesson here - if you see something you like, and it's too expensive, wait a week and another will show up for less.

Old Post 10-30-2005 03:25 PM
willimo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for willimo Click here to Send willimo a Private Message Find more posts by willimo Add willimo to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flocat
PINKO

Everytime there is a good piece of motorcycle gear, I get outbid. I did, however, buy my first motorcycle on eBay. I later sold it on eBay, too. I've bought a few presents on there and some videos on the cheap. I will probably be buying some motorcycle rain gear on there soon. As it doesn't rain much in California, I don't usually bother with the rain gear, but I'll probably need it this time around. So, yeah, I spend time there but it's not terribly addicting--'least I hope not.

Old Post 10-30-2005 04:32 PM
flocat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flocat Click here to Send flocat a Private Message Visit flocat's homepage! Find more posts by flocat Add flocat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mattdk
, Architect Of Thought

quote:
Originally posted by willimo
I always set a "what it's worth to me" limit before I go hunting after it.

Yessir. Last ebaying ended in failure when I gave up after it topped 200.

Old Post 10-30-2005 05:29 PM
mattdk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mattdk Click here to Send mattdk a Private Message Find more posts by mattdk Add mattdk to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chey
Fluffy Bunny

I have not purchased much from ebay recently. I usually get overbid because other people seem to have a hell of a lot more cash than me,too.

Old Post 10-30-2005 05:39 PM
Chey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chey Find more posts by Chey Add Chey to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DavidFlamma

Retards should stay away from e-bay, cher I mean chey?

Old Post 10-30-2005 05:41 PM
DavidFlamma is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DavidFlamma Click here to Send DavidFlamma a Private Message Find more posts by DavidFlamma Add DavidFlamma to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

Dude! I thought you were hendrix.

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 10-30-2005 05:47 PM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chey
Fluffy Bunny

quote:
Originally posted by DavidFlamma
Retards should stay away from e-bay, cher I mean chey?

My lack of sufficient funds makes me retarded?
I must say, that is an amusing theory you have developed.

Old Post 10-30-2005 05:52 PM
Chey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chey Find more posts by Chey Add Chey to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DavidFlamma

You are a Retard, remember that, cher.

Old Post 10-30-2005 05:57 PM
DavidFlamma is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DavidFlamma Click here to Send DavidFlamma a Private Message Find more posts by DavidFlamma Add DavidFlamma to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DavidFlamma

quote:
Originally posted by Large Filipino
Dude! I thought you were hendrix.

Yeah man, I'd probably go back and forth between J/H and Rourke.

Old Post 10-30-2005 06:02 PM
flocat
PINKO

Rourke is okay, but Bukowski is better.

Old Post 10-31-2005 04:42 AM
flocat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flocat Click here to Send flocat a Private Message Visit flocat's homepage! Find more posts by flocat Add flocat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cage
Shaved Sack

I've never even searched eBay for anything. The few times I've been there were just following links that people sent me to specific auctions.

Old Post 10-31-2005 04:56 PM
Cage is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cage Click here to Send Cage a Private Message Visit Cage's homepage! Find more posts by Cage Add Cage to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DavidFlamma

e-bay sucks man.

Old Post 10-31-2005 04:58 PM
torque
SupaTwistyPowa!

I enjoy watching folks of my ilk word around restrictions on parts. Parts that fit on scary looking rifles are banned, so they must be worded around sufficiently.

This guy is probably going to get his auction yanked. He's just not sneaky enough.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...item=7192492028

Last edited by torque on 10-31-2005 at 07:08 PM

Old Post 10-31-2005 07:04 PM
torque is offline Click Here to See the Profile for torque Click here to Send torque a Private Message Find more posts by torque Add torque to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hawley Griffin
.308 winchester

quote:
Originally posted by Chey
I have not purchased much from ebay recently. I usually get overbid because other people seem to have a hell of a lot more cash than me,too.

its quite common with games that show up on ebay before the general release date (usualy nicked by store personal) to have their ebay bid throttled into the high heavens by pissed off fan boys that don't want anyone to get an advanced copy.

Old Post 10-31-2005 07:10 PM
Hawley Griffin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hawley Griffin Click here to Send Hawley Griffin a Private Message Find more posts by Hawley Griffin Add Hawley Griffin to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluexy
sociopath

I use ebay for gold and silver bullion and silver dime rolls, tax free. I have never encountered a problem and rarely pay over spot.

Old Post 10-31-2005 10:08 PM
Bluexy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluexy Click here to Send Bluexy a Private Message Find more posts by Bluexy Add Bluexy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
taRANTula
Unemployed loser

I just broke down and finally registered on E-Bay to purchase a watch. I won the auction last night and now I'm waiting to see if I actually get my first purchase in the mail.

Old Post 11-01-2005 12:46 AM
taRANTula is offline Click Here to See the Profile for taRANTula Click here to Send taRANTula a Private Message Find more posts by taRANTula Add taRANTula to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Faster Pussycat
Sniper… Dead on target.

Try Home Shopping Network

Old Post 11-01-2005 08:21 PM
Faster Pussycat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Faster Pussycat Click here to Send Faster Pussycat a Private Message Find more posts by Faster Pussycat Add Faster Pussycat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

DUDE! Your Hendrix again!

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 11-01-2005 10:48 PM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PNG
you'd eat it

entrepreneur?

"If You Could Buy Something For $5 and Instantly Sell It On eBaY For $75 How
Many Times Would You Do It?"

http://www.auctionsourcesexposed.com/step2.php

Old Post 11-03-2005 02:07 PM
PNG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PNG Click here to Send PNG a Private Message Find more posts by PNG Add PNG to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
willimo
Erythrophiliac

I would do it like crazy if I weren't one of 1,000 other chumps on eBay doing the same thing and watering down the market with way more product than buyers.

Old Post 11-03-2005 03:44 PM
willimo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for willimo Click here to Send willimo a Private Message Find more posts by willimo Add willimo to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lanin
Tennis Ball Retriever

A couple of years ago I left a job where I had travelled full time M-F or almost 2 years......I had accumulated nearly 200,000 Delta airline miles that could be used for (4) round trip first class tickets to anywhere in the world that Delta flies, or you could have flown 8 adults roundtrip first class anywhere between north or south america and Hawaii....or you could have used them for 20 business class roundtrip flights within the U.S.

I needed some money so I decided to list these Airline miles on ebay and see if they would sell. I got bids from everywhere and bidding was up to $2200 US.

Everything was going great until some ebay moderator sent me a message saying that Delta Skymiles were non-transferable and that what I was doing was against ebay policy and was illegal. He informed me that he would notify ebay management of my actions if I did not withdraw the auction.

At almost the exact same time I got an email from a bidder saying that if I would stop the auction and sell to him he would pay me $1500 through paypal that same day.

Old Post 11-03-2005 05:35 PM
lanin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lanin Click here to Send lanin a Private Message Find more posts by lanin Add lanin to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skalie
Locksmith of Lurve

Were they transferable?

Old Post 11-03-2005 05:37 PM
skalie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skalie Click here to Send skalie a Private Message Find more posts by skalie Add skalie to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lanin
Tennis Ball Retriever

quote:
Originally posted by skalie
Were they transferable?

technically no.......but I did sell the miles.

I gave the guy my login to Delta Skymiles and he chose when and where he wanted to fly from......He redeemed the miles online then they mailed me the airline ticket coupons and then I mailed them to him.

Old Post 11-03-2005 06:09 PM
lanin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lanin Click here to Send lanin a Private Message Find more posts by lanin Add lanin to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote