The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Sensory Overload > What Cinematic Endeavor Did You Just Revel In?
Pages (245): « First ... « 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Thumbs up Hell raiser: Judgment (2018)

I recall the dread I felt watching Clive Barker’s original Hellraiser movie. Since then, several more have been made in the franchise and it’s been a gradual and steadily downward trajectory. And, with rare exception, that is usually the case in movie franchises. And I have no idea why sequels most sequels usually aren’t as good.

There. I just said something we all know. Well, my point is that, with HJ, the trajectory turned upward. It’s well-made. It’s good. And they left some interesting possibilities open for the next sequel. Here’s a link.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-30-2018 06:52 PM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Thumbs up Greta (2019)

I saw Greta a few hours ago and was pleasantly surprised. I don’t wanna spoil it, so here’s a link.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Old Post 03-01-2019 07:11 AM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

Alita Battle angel.
Would bang but only blow and hand job tho.
It ruled hard there will be a series of these movies.

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 03-03-2019 10:22 PM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Thumbs up Jasper Jones (2016)

I just finished watching Jasper Jones. It’s an Australian flick. I’d never heard of it. The only reason I watched it is because it was one of 18-20 movies I recorded on DVR during on of the SHOtime free viewings my TV service periodically provides.

JJ is a good, well-done movie. Much better than most of the junk Hollywood serves up. Here’s a link.

Amen.

Old Post 03-18-2019 03:49 AM
Oracular_Jinx
Old hag

Jeb, you were surprised by greta? Really? I am dying to see Us.

Old Post 03-27-2019 09:01 PM
Oracular_Jinx is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oracular_Jinx Click here to Send Oracular_Jinx a Private Message Find more posts by Oracular_Jinx Add Oracular_Jinx to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Thumbs up The Liability (2013)

I just got through watching this Limey flick. Although I don’t have HBO, I recorded it during the free HBO preview.

I liked it. That said, it is clear to me that whoever wrote the synopsis for Rotten Tomatoes didn’t watch the movie. That’s funny.

Amen.

Old Post 04-13-2019 01:04 PM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Thumbs up Ma (2019)

I watched Ma a coupla days ago. It turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Octavia Spencer is very good in this creepy flick. That said, I recommend waiting to see it at home. There’s no big theatre screen benefit and it’s creepiness may be even squirmier at home. Here’s a link.

Amen.

Old Post 06-04-2019 01:44 AM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Thumbs up Gentlemen Broncos (2009)

Ever heard of this movie? I hadn’t until yesterday. It has a shitty Rotten Tomatoes score and I read that its box office take was less than $120k.

Well, I watched it, anyway. IMHO, GB is a ridiculous gem. I mean, Yeast Lords? Hahahaaa!!!

I’d watch it, again. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Here’s a link.

Amen.

Old Post 06-09-2019 09:12 PM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Thumbs up Late Night (2019)

I watched Late Night last night. As I took my seat, I saw only two other people in the theatre and I remember thinking, *uh-oh*.

But, Late Night turned out to be an entertaining flick. Emma Stone is superb and Lithgow is his usual excellent self, although the movie would’ve succeeded with or without him. And last, but not least, Mindy Kaling does a righteous job sharing the lead with Stone. Here’s a link.

So, although I think it’s a good movie, do I recommend paying retail (as I did) to see it? Oh, hell no. There is nothing in iLate Night enhanced by the big theatre screen. So, unless you just must see it NOW, save your bucks and enjoy it at home. For cheap. Or grasshoppa-style.

Amen.

Old Post 06-14-2019 08:20 PM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

The Dead Don’t Die (2019)

I watched The Dead Don’t Die Friday night. It’s a zombie comedy with a swell cast, including Bill Murray, Tilda Swinton, Steve Buscemi, Danny Glover and Tom Waits. While there were a number of snort and snicker moments, DDD ended up being just another so-so movie.

I truly wish it had been better. Here’s a link.

Amen.

Old Post 06-16-2019 07:47 AM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Spider-Man: Far From Home

I’m in the theatre, waiting for the movie to start. Popcorn, Dickel and 3D. Life is good. Hope this flick is, too. 😉

Amen.

Old Post 07-10-2019 02:36 AM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

The latest Spidey flick was pretty good. This one was worth seeing in 3D. Here’s a link.

Amen.

Old Post 07-12-2019 05:31 PM
Oracular_Jinx
Old hag

I saw Midsommar. The director has a very lazy attitude when it comes to trying up loose ends... I thought the ending was pretty crappy but rather enjoyed the slow pace of the movie. Visual effects were impressively trippy at times. For a cult movie there were a couple of shocking/gory scenes as well which I thought added to the overall experience. If you want to see a memorable creepy flick with some intense moments, this is a great option. I liked it more than hereditary, but another viewer thought hthe opposite was true.

Old Post 08-02-2019 01:31 AM
Oracular_Jinx is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oracular_Jinx Click here to Send Oracular_Jinx a Private Message Find more posts by Oracular_Jinx Add Oracular_Jinx to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Oracular_Jinx
Jeb, you were surprised by greta? Really? I am dying to see Us.

I was pleasantly surprised because of my minimal expectations going in. Did you ever get to see it?

Amen.

Old Post 08-02-2019 06:59 AM
Oracular_Jinx
Old hag

Both, yes. I was not as amazed by us as I had hoped but I do think in a world that lacks regular Hollywood Horror creativity, us had a great theme that has not been widely explored (hope I am not wrong). I am a fan of horrors, thrillers, psyc thrillers. As such, I have seen too many terrible movies I can still love for their campiness. All three were decent, but none were so good I was pushing people to run out and see them... I also feel the remake of It was much better than the one made so many years ago. I have not watched the new pet sematary yet. I am fine without a boyfriend, but I need people to go see horrors with. I love the feeling of safe or fairly safe fear...

Old Post 08-03-2019 06:02 PM
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

Uncle Jeb, I'm waiting for your review of the new Tarantino movie.

Old Post 08-11-2019 03:40 AM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Getting ready to watch The Kitchen. I wish myself luck.

Amen.

Old Post 08-15-2019 02:21 AM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by GoFuckYourselves!
Uncle Jeb, I'm waiting for your review of the new Tarantino movie.

I saw it several days ago. I don’t want to spoil it, so I’ll leave it be after this hint ~ What if?

Amen.

Old Post 08-15-2019 06:22 AM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Thumbs up The Kitchen

The Kitchen got a measly 21% from the critics at Rotten Apples. Well. I saw it last night and I enjoyed it. Among other things, it entertained without seizing the occasion to preach and moralize.

Melissa McCarthy is a really good actress; much more than just a laugh machine. Additionally, I thought Domhnall Gleeson’s performance was superb. I’d never heard of him, nor do I recall ever seeing him elsewhere.

That said, there’s nothing here to justify the price of a retail theatre ticket, unless you’re a hardcore movie theatre junkie like me. So, unless you just can’t wait, save your dough and see it at a discount theatre, or online.

Amen.

Old Post 08-15-2019 05:41 PM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Thumbs up The Take (2016)

I just finished watching this, grasshoppa-style. Nothin’ special, nothin’ bad. Idris Elba has a one-of-a-kind persona. I give it two outta four Freds. Here’s a here.

Amen.

Last edited by J E B Stuart on 08-18-2019 at 05:25 PM

Old Post 08-18-2019 05:00 PM
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

quote:
Originally posted by J E B Stuart
I saw it several days ago. I don’t want to spoil it, so I’ll leave it be after this hint ~ What if?

Amen.

Okay. But can you tell us how many Fred's you gave it?

Old Post 08-18-2019 05:08 PM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by GoFuckYourselves!

Okay. But can you tell us how many Fred's you gave it?

I’d give it three Freds. It’s pretty good, but not great. Definitely worth watching, although I saw nothing to justify paying retail, unless it’s a popular topic of conversation in your circle and you want to participate.

Amen.

Old Post 08-18-2019 05:30 PM
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

I'm a big Tarantino fan. I think all of his movies are terrific. I'll see it eventually. But I was curious to know how you felt about it and now I know, thank you.

Old Post 08-18-2019 07:42 PM