The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > Friends
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Harsh1
Scarred for Life

Friends

Do any of you know any of the others off the board? I'm not talking about meet ups and stuff i mean do any of you spend significant times with each other IRL. I know america is massive, so the chances of you guys living within easy striking distance of each other is low, it would probably be easier and quicker for me to go and lurk in coins garden than it would be for some of you to see each other, despite living in the same country

What do the (remaining, but feel free to imagine the board in it's most popular heyday) other posters on this site mean to you? Are they e-friends, are they real friends, if one of them died would you be saddened, go to their funeral? There are people on this board that you must have spent more time talking to than you have to people that you are actually directly related to, even new comers like rust have been posting here for 7 years, some people have been posting here for 17!

I've been to two funerals of people that I knew through my other forum, go climbing with some, go raving with others, the forum has babies that were born from people meeting through it but it's an unusual forum that was set up out of a group of people who knew each other already and even now, 17 years later, most people who post on there either know you directly or are friends with your friends. The thing that interests me there isnt the people i do know, it's the people I don't know and realising the attachment i have to them still

I remember iglo moving to australia to be with absolut but has anything else ever happened like that?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-17-2017 08:53 AM
Harsh1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Harsh1 Click here to Send Harsh1 a Private Message Find more posts by Harsh1 Add Harsh1 to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coincidence
Counterfeit

As a Dane I avoid meeting people IRL.
There's the not very active facebook group - so e-friends I guess.

Old Post 03-17-2017 05:00 PM
Coincidence is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coincidence Click here to Send Coincidence a Private Message Visit Coincidence's homepage! Find more posts by Coincidence Add Coincidence to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

In the past, quite a lot of members of this board socialized IRL. We had a group "piss-up" on the Oregon coast in 2010, which was the last group get together I know of. SatansLeftHand, a long time member here who basically only lurks anymore, is my son. I've known missy624 since we were both 14 - 47 years ago. TEFL is a very good friend, and we've spent a lot of time together. All told, I've met about 35 current and past members of the board IRL.

Old Post 03-17-2017 06:48 PM
SimpleSimon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SimpleSimon Click here to Send SimpleSimon a Private Message Find more posts by SimpleSimon Add SimpleSimon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

I've met a bunch of members (mostly former, but a few current), and spoken on the phone with a few others. However, as you stipulated that we should ignore the "meet-ups"...

I used to know morgana. That's about it. Well, and annea, but I'd rather forget about her.

Old Post 03-18-2017 04:04 AM
Roshigoth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roshigoth Click here to Send Roshigoth a Private Message Find more posts by Roshigoth Add Roshigoth to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

Pinecrika hooked up with Muffy here, and moved to NZ to marry her.There have been at least three other couples that got together here before coming together IRL, and a couple of divorces that were at least in part the result of on-line interactions that started here. Most of those involved long past members.

We've had some deaths that affected the forum. Other connections have resulted in significant donations being made to help a member, or surviving family of a deceased member.

Old Post 03-18-2017 03:19 PM
SimpleSimon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SimpleSimon Click here to Send SimpleSimon a Private Message Find more posts by SimpleSimon Add SimpleSimon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Re: Friends

quote:
Originally posted by Harsh1
Do any of you know any of the others off the board? I'm not talking about meet ups and stuff i mean do any of you spend significant times with each other IRL. ...

Its possible I misunderstand your question Harsh, but know I do answer in good faith:

Significant to me speaks to quality, moreso than quantity. Ive met wonderaz only once IRL, but it was unforgettable. IRL, hes a spectacular fella. Incredibly talented, hes a jack of all trades and master of many. But, on this board, hes the inimitably worthless jackass wonderaz.

I had the unforgettable pleasure of meeting Joeycat IRL. Beautiful, smart and kind to a fault. You couldnt help but fall in love with her. She left us way too soon and I miss her, dearly.

Im close with TT and SS, although I havent met them in person. I talk with them from time-to-time. They are two of the smartest sonsabitches ive ever met online and im not easily impressed.

Ive previously expressed my admiration of dingle and thats never changed. Hes humble, although he has no reason to be. He is an ignorant sack o yankee turds when it comes to The War Of Northern Agression, but I give him a pass because hes my friend.

GFY? I dont know GFY, but I know GFY. Weve never met and perhaps we never will. But, I know keen intellect when I see it. GFY has it in spades. And GFY is fulla shit in the best possible way.

Phorbenia? Ive met her. God, the camera loves her. Shes smart to a fault and has a very low tolerance for fools. Underestimate her at your peril.

There are several more, but im tired.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Last edited by J E B Stuart on 01-15-2018 at 11:36 PM

Old Post 01-15-2018 04:20 AM
J E B Stuart is online now Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

Yea we used to be cool.

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 01-15-2018 04:32 AM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

We still are, grasshoppa. There is one thing that never changes, grasshoppa. Know what it is?

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Old Post 01-15-2018 04:37 AM
J E B Stuart is online now Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

Thank you, Jeb. Very kind of you. And, of course, the feeling is mutual.

Old Post 01-15-2018 06:45 AM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

quote:
Originally posted by J E B Stuart
We still are, grasshoppa. There is one thing that never changes, grasshoppa. Know what it is?

Amen.

Loretta's underwear.

Old Post 01-15-2018 06:49 AM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
plum
Last Man

Ah, the good ol' days of Rosh and his beloved movie reviews....

Old Post 01-15-2018 10:17 PM
plum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for plum Click here to Send plum a Private Message Find more posts by plum Add plum to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

quote:
Originally posted by plum
Ah, the good ol' days of Rosh and his beloved movie reviews....

Siskel and Ebert used to quote Roshy. That's how good his reviews were. Pauline Kael too!

Old Post 01-17-2018 05:07 AM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

The Mighty Cheesemeister.

Amen.

Old Post 01-17-2018 05:09 AM
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

I finally made it down to his hometown, Myrtle Beach, for a golf vacation. I had a great time down there and it's a fun town.

I had asked him about places to stay and he recommended the Dane's basement.

Old Post 01-17-2018 05:13 AM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

The Cheesemeister is a good fella. Top shelf. Hes been going through a rough patch here, lately. Hell come out okay, though. Just takes time.

Amen.

Old Post 01-22-2018 03:58 AM
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

Sorry to hear it. I hope everything works out very well for him.

Old Post 01-22-2018 04:02 AM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by GoFuckYourselves!
... I hope everything works out very well for him.

Herk, people talk about the school o hard knocks. In truth, life is the school o hard stools. And whoever invents a stool softener for the school o life will be richer than Carlos Slim Hel.

Amen.

Old Post 02-05-2018 07:31 PM