The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Sensory Overload > What Cinematic Endeavor Did You Just Revel In?
Pages (244): « First ... « 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 [244]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Thumbs up Deadpool 2 (2018)

I saw Deadpoop 2 last night. It’s really good. In fact, it’s even better than the first one. That’s a very tough thing for a sequel to accomplish.

Here’s a link.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-18-2018 07:57 PM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

From the reviews, I figured you'd like it.

Old Post 05-19-2018 03:23 AM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

I saw this last night in 3D. I rather enjoyed it. It has a different feel than the other SW flicks and I imagine it’s due to the hand of Ron Howard.

Unless you must see it on a theatre screen, don’t pay retail. I also think 3D is petering out as a significant source of added income. The 3D showing I saw was the only one for that theatre and it was at 10:00 pm. There were maybe 40 people in attendance for the screening. I could’ve seen it at another theatre and I noted it had no 3D screenings. In sum, I think fewer and fewer moviegoers think 3D is worth the additional expense heaped upon already bloated ticket prices.

They charge too much for the specs and it rarely seems to add much to the viewing experience. It may be a different deal when they’re able to provide a fully holographic experience.

Here’s a link.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Old Post 05-25-2018 05:45 PM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Um gunna see Upgrade tonight. Rish me ruck.

Amen.

Old Post 05-31-2018 07:03 PM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

I can’t decide whether to see Hotel Artemis, Ocean’s 8, or Hereditary tonight. My decision may very well go down to the wire. I do plan to see all three, one way, or another.

But, not all three in one night. Just to be clear. No way, although I did see three in one day when I was a dashing young man. Just once or twice, though.

Amen.

Old Post 06-07-2018 06:56 PM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Hotel Artemis (2018)

I saw HA a few nights ago. It stars Jodie Foster. Haven’t seen her in a while. Like me, she’s gettin’ old.

HA is one of those near future dystopian flicks. If you enjoy that type of fare, you’ll probably like HA. It has a good cast, too, including Jeff Goldblum. Jeff always plays Jeff, regardless of his character’s name. I really enjoyed Dave Bautista, of Guardians of the Galaxy fame.

Do not, however, pay retail to see HA. There’s nothing there sufficiently enhanced by the theatre experience. Here’s a link.

Amen.

Old Post 06-13-2018 08:23 PM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

I’m seated in the theatre, waiting for the Superflu remake to begin. Coming attractions just started rolling.

I’m the only one here.

Amen.

Old Post 06-14-2018 01:20 AM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Superfly (2018)

i went to see this last night just because I felt like going to a movie. Last night was the first night. Perhaps they chose Wednesday for the advance screening since school’s out. I don’t know.

I went with low expectations, hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Was I? No. Although it’s by no means hilarious, SF is one of those movies that is frequently unintentionally comical.

On the bright side, two more patrons showed up after my post above that I was the only person in the theatre. Here’s a link.

Amen.

Old Post 06-14-2018 09:00 PM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

I think I may go see Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom this evening. In 3D, no less. I wish me luck.

Amen.

Old Post 06-21-2018 07:39 PM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Choices, choices, choices...

Thus evening, I shall go to a movie. But, which one? Sicario: Day of the Soldado? Or, Uncle Drew? Life of the Party, perhaps?

Three guesses and the first two don’t count.

Amen.

Old Post 06-28-2018 04:13 PM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

I am seated in the theatre, posting this while the pre-show ads play. Yep. It’s Sicorio: Day of the Soldier

Amen.

Old Post 06-29-2018 01:33 AM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

The First Purge (2018)

I saw The First Poop last night. It is the weakest of the three Purge flicks, by far. It feels like it was written by a twelve year old. Okay, okay. I’ll be charitable ... thirteen year old.

If you must see it, wait until you can watch it grasshoppa-style. Here’s a link.

Amen.

Old Post 07-07-2018 04:20 AM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Wrong Side of Town (2010)

I just finished watching this at home, grasshoppa-style. Thank goodness. This is one of those bad movies that ends up being comical. Of note, however, is that Dave Batista has a fairly “meaty” role. But, the most compelling reason to see TWSOT is[spoiler] .
Here’s a link.

Amen.

Old Post 07-09-2018 03:03 AM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Nocturnal Animals (2016)

Thank God I watched NA grasshoppa-style. Jake Gyllenhal. Amy Adams. Michael Shannon. You won’t like[spoiler]

Here’s a link.

Amen.

Old Post 07-14-2018 06:22 AM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Equalizer 2

I’m gonna go see Denzil kick lotsa butts tonight. Lookin’ forward to it.

Amen.

Old Post 07-19-2018 09:25 PM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Unfriended: Dark Web (2018)

I saw this “horror” flick earlier this evening. It isn’t scary. It’s a no-name cast, which is fine with me. I don’t think a handful o’ name brand actors could have helped this one. So, if you must see it, don’t pay retail. In fact, if you can swing it, don’t pay anything. Here’s a link.

Amen.

Last edited by J E B Stuart on 07-21-2018 at 06:19 AM

Old Post 07-21-2018 05:41 AM