The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > Where did you end up?
Pages (4): « 1 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

Well, well. Hello, Inky.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-27-2014 08:40 AM
Trenchant_Troll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trenchant_Troll Click here to Send Trenchant_Troll a Private Message Find more posts by Trenchant_Troll Add Trenchant_Troll to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by ignatz mouse
If I ended up with my end up, I would maneuver to be my own boss. Or, make the drummer my pimp.

That jackass wonderaz "borrowed" fi' dolla from me and now wants me to ask you to ask your pimp what he can get for two dolla.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Old Post 07-28-2014 02:20 PM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dacarlo
ex-member

quote:
Originally posted by Inky
Hello all

I've been in the Bay Area for the past decade, except for a brief move to Georgia that lasted three months. Got married four years ago, been with him for six. We have two dogs, two cats and we live in Oakland. My husband is a systems engineer in Silicon Valley. I work as a photographer, but have been taking a break the last few years due to being diagnosed with uterine cancer. Had surgery and I've been cancer free ever since. Life is pretty good.

I still talk to a few of you guys on Facebook and whatnot. It's good to hear what people have been up to.

Woah. Good to hear you're cancer free and living what appears to be 'The Dream' (tm).

I find the notion of cats getting on with dogs strange. But then I was brought up on Tom n Jerry cartoons.

Old Post 07-29-2014 12:55 AM
Dacarlo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dacarlo Find more posts by Dacarlo Add Dacarlo to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mozilla
i don't give a damn

Congrats Inky. I don't know you, but it seems life is going as well as can be expected these days and I'm happy for you. You should post some photos here sometime so some of us can appreciate them and others can be mean.

Old Post 07-29-2014 04:18 AM
mozilla is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mozilla Click here to Send mozilla a Private Message Find more posts by mozilla Add mozilla to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paint CHiPs
Smartest Man in the World

Hrm. Hard to remember where I left off here.

Wound up working in higher education (on the administration side) and sometimes healthcare, mostly as a communications, marketing, and fundraising (semi-?)executive for universities and/or health systems. Live in Philadelphia. Got married in 2011 (CHiPsJr was my best man, in fact). Had a baby girl in February. Lots of interesting diversions and wrinkles to all those things along the way - I could paint a substantially different picture of it if I filled some of that stuff in, so it's not quite as boring as it sounds - but who cares, that'd be my obit version anyway.

Still never had a Facebook account so no clue what anybody else is doing.

Old Post 08-11-2014 01:53 AM
Paint CHiPs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paint CHiPs Click here to Send Paint CHiPs a Private Message Visit Paint CHiPs's homepage! Find more posts by Paint CHiPs Add Paint CHiPs to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dacarlo
ex-member

Wb paint. Would be good to blow some air on the asylum coals.

Ya know to toast marshmallow on.

Old Post 08-11-2014 03:28 AM
Dacarlo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dacarlo Find more posts by Dacarlo Add Dacarlo to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paint CHiPs

Are you coming on to me?

Old Post 08-11-2014 03:46 AM
Paint CHiPs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paint CHiPs Click here to Send Paint CHiPs a Private Message Visit Paint CHiPs's homepage! Find more posts by Paint CHiPs Add Paint CHiPs to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paint CHiPs

^old chestnut, that one.

Old Post 08-11-2014 03:47 AM
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

quote:
Originally posted by Paint CHiPs
Hrm. Hard to remember where I left off here.

Wound up working in higher education (on the administration side) and sometimes healthcare, mostly as a communications, marketing, and fundraising (semi-?)executive for universities and/or health systems. Live in Philadelphia. Got married in 2011 (CHiPsJr was my best man, in fact). Had a baby girl in February. Lots of interesting diversions and wrinkles to all those things along the way - I could paint a substantially different picture of it if I filled some of that stuff in, so it's not quite as boring as it sounds - but who cares, that'd be my obit version anyway.

Still never had a Facebook account so no clue what anybody else is doing.

You should blog it.

Old Post 08-11-2014 06:03 AM
Trenchant_Troll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trenchant_Troll Click here to Send Trenchant_Troll a Private Message Find more posts by Trenchant_Troll Add Trenchant_Troll to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Thumbs up HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OAG PAINTIPOO!

quote:
Originally posted by Paint CHiPs
Hrm. Hard to remember where I left off here....

..Still never had a Facebook account so no clue what anybody else is doing.

I remember where you left off, Paintipoo. And I still have my fingers crossed that you’ll figger it out. After all, life’s too short.

Happy birthday, amigo! 🎂🎂🎂

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Old Post 11-12-2019 01:41 AM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
karen
Lesser Satan

quote:
Originally posted by karen

Currently, I write freelance for Health related magazines, am a Nutritionist, and own a Personal Fitness Training business.

Absolutely love my work, and love being in charge even more.

NC is awesome(except for their craptastic Southern politics).
I plan on staying here - especially since the area is becoming more like my ideal every day.

EDIT to add:
I'm hoping to eventually have my PhD in Kinesiology, and teach in that dept at either UNCG or HPU.
I've found that I love Exercise Science even more than Nutrition - which I never expected.
Check with me in another 10 years. Maybe I'll be there, or close to it.

haaaaaa. It's funny reading this now, five years later.
As happy as I was when I wrote this, I started to get really bored with my work within a few months and started winding down my business over that Winter.
I spent the next year working in local politics... even was elected as a precinct and district delegate. Grew a real distaste for the inner working of political parties. Too much crazy, not enough compromise.
Eventually re-registered as an independent and started working in Elections. Loved it, decided to get a Master's degree in Public/Government Administration and Policy. Got a job in municipal government while getting my MPA. Worked my ass off for the past few years, developed a good reputation, got my MPA, and eventually got a sweet job in municipal Government Finance. Super happy there right now but I guess I should check in again in another 5 years.

Old Post 11-12-2019 11:45 AM
karen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for karen Click here to Send karen a Private Message Find more posts by karen Add karen to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote