The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Sensory Overload > A little book review
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Oracular_Jinx
Old hag

A little book review

I occasionally read. Nothing made my brain bleed more than A Sheep Falls Out of a Tree, which was a book on mnemonics. You could pretty much summarize 250 pages, in about 25. As such, I lowered the bar and read The Arrivals. I did manage to get through it, though I considered putting it down a couple of times. I think I got it on sale, and thank god I did. The best part about it was the cover art. Finally I read Box 21. It was the best of the three, which really doesn't say much. It felt very northern European, and this was not a terrible thing.

I'm not sure what to put on the list next. I may go for The Elephant Whisperer, or Sapiens. Or maybe that oliver sacks one I picked up about a decade ago.

What are you fools reading? Also, when you hear the word fool, are you reminded of The People Under The Stairs?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-18-2019 07:23 PM
Oracular_Jinx is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oracular_Jinx Click here to Send Oracular_Jinx a Private Message Find more posts by Oracular_Jinx Add Oracular_Jinx to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

Re-reading The Magus by John Fowles.

Old Post 02-18-2019 08:54 PM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Re: A little book review

quote:
Originally posted by Oracular_Jinx
...What are you fools reading? Also, when you hear the word fool, are you reminded of The People Under The Stairs?

That’s foo, not fool. Gotta say it right, Jinxy. 😉 Oh. The People Under The Stairs is hilarious. One of Wes’s best.

I am currently reading “Lincoln As He Really Was” by Dr. Charles T. Pace. I recommend it. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

After I post this, I’m going to order “Hate Crime Hoax - How The Left Is Selling A Fake Race War” by Wilfred Reilly.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Last edited by J E B Stuart on 02-20-2019 at 03:47 AM

Old Post 02-20-2019 02:52 AM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote