The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > Fuck it all. I am keto effective yesterday eve.
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
fubar
mud falcon

quote:
Originally posted by Oracular_Jinx
Oh I had that lifestyle a few years ago. I was really quite fit, going to the gym for 2 hours a day for about 5 days a week, or at least a 10 km (6 mile) run as an alternative. But then I went through incredible pressure of planning to marry a man that was totally not for me, then coming to terms after was a fiasco. Anyway, much self learning occurred but so did weight gain. I had a few other major life events occur. Anyway, I want to do the balanced meal and exercise thing but I need to lighten my load now.

Believe me, I understand. I was in quite phenomenal shape until about 4 years ago when I went through a period of about 3 years where I spent consecutive months on end not being able to walk. Getting into shape at 37 was one thing. Getting into shape at 47 is a whole different animal.

I still say that baby steps are the best way. I've tried the Atkins/keto/juicing, etc. stuff. They all worked for anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks, but they just aren't sustainable (for me anyway) any more.

I hope you find what works for you. I know "the thing" can be unique to each person. Don't discount the mental aspects of the issue either. You'd be surprised how much negativity toward yourself can hamper physical health.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-16-2019 09:01 PM
fubar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fubar Click here to Send fubar a Private Message Find more posts by fubar Add fubar to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote