The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Sensory Overload > whats your favourite Star Wars Episode?
Whats your favourite Star Wars Episode?
Episode One: The Phantom Menace
Episode Two: Attack of the Clones
Episode Four: A New Hope
Episode Five: The Empire Strikes Back
Episode Six: Return of the Jedi
i really don't give a shit, they all suck monkey balls!!!
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
pj
Captain America

whats your favourite Star Wars Episode?

every one has a favourite. whether it be the original episode four, or maybe if this poll lasts longer than a month it will be Episode Two. So whats yours?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-06-2002 06:17 PM
pj is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pj Click here to Send pj a Private Message Visit pj's homepage! Find more posts by pj Add pj to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
urbanjunkie

at this moment in time, the empire strikes back.

that will probably change with episode 2 and then 3.

2 looks amazing and 3 is set to be the darkest of all.

Old Post 05-06-2002 06:22 PM
urbanjunkie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for urbanjunkie Click here to Send urbanjunkie a Private Message Find more posts by urbanjunkie Add urbanjunkie to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morgana
THE Bitch

i liked empire the best because so much shit happened at once. the rebel base was destroyed, luke received training from a master, the death star was rebuilt, han solo gets frozen, luke finds out that vadar is is father. now that's entertainment! and no fucking metacloriens to be seen...

Old Post 05-06-2002 07:05 PM
morgana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for morgana Click here to Send morgana a Private Message Visit morgana's homepage! Find more posts by morgana Add morgana to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowmore
drive by drunk

It's mitichlorians(like mitochondria) keep it up...you'll lose serious nerd status.

Well the sheer impact of A New Hope on me as a 9yr old squid is impossible to underestimate. It was the first(and Paint will argue the last) film I was able to discuss intelligently. I remember distinctly sitting at my uncle's table holding forth to the grown ups on the plot and explaining "the Force" to them.

It was the first film I saw that was made for me without being silly and overly cartoonish. It was a 'real' movie but spoke directly to my generation. It was our mythology.

As a grown up I like Empire better for all the reason's Morg said. It is, I think, the best of the films so far. Jedi and Phantom menace could have been better but...Lucas kinda sold us out.

I have hope for the next film.

selah.

Old Post 05-07-2002 05:11 AM
bowmore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowmore Click here to Send bowmore a Private Message Find more posts by bowmore Add bowmore to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blennidae
an epileptic hummingbird

Slightly off topic, but still related...

Do you think the special editions were better/worse/irrelevant compared to the "regular" editions?

repeat after me:
"I would like to feed your fingertips to the wolverines"

Old Post 05-07-2002 11:11 PM
Blennidae is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blennidae Click here to Send Blennidae a Private Message Find more posts by Blennidae Add Blennidae to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paint CHiPs
Smartest Man in the World

The Hoth stuff in Empire is still my favorite Star Wars stuff ever.

Followed closely by the Jabba stuff that began Jedi.

Old Post 05-07-2002 11:42 PM
Paint CHiPs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paint CHiPs Click here to Send Paint CHiPs a Private Message Visit Paint CHiPs's homepage! Find more posts by Paint CHiPs Add Paint CHiPs to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buddha's penis
has it all

i'm going for return of the jedi, because i was a weird kid and refused to like anything that was weak. this applies because luke was a pansy in the first two, and an asskicking jedi in the return of such.
i really want to see the next two, though. episode 1 sucked, but unless there's some sort of pod-race rematch these ones should be good.

Old Post 05-07-2002 11:46 PM
buddha's penis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buddha's penis Click here to Send buddha's penis a Private Message Find more posts by buddha's penis Add buddha's penis to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rav
Nothing

The fucking original :+:
At least Episode Two proves that it was all Jar Jar's fault

Old Post 05-08-2002 06:47 AM
Rav is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rav Click here to Send Rav a Private Message Find more posts by Rav Add Rav to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
downnotout
Fluffy Bunny

I have to say the first Star Wars.

I was 13 and saw it in the largest and most sophisticated theater in St. Louis at the time.
The opening when you see the princess's ship and being dwarfed by this huge empire ship chasing it! I don't know...it was almost magical.
I'm not saying it was the best episode.... but it did leave an impression.
BTW...I agree that episode 1 ( the phantom menace ) sucked badly... die jar-jar!

Old Post 05-08-2002 07:07 AM
downnotout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for downnotout Click here to Send downnotout a Private Message Find more posts by downnotout Add downnotout to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
opus
shhh,listen

quote:
Originally posted by Buddha's Penis!
this applies because luke was a pansy in the first two.
Dude,luke fought darth fuckin vader in empire and got his hand chopped off,he couldn't have been that much of a pansy.What the fuck am i doin in this geeky thread

Old Post 05-08-2002 07:35 AM
opus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for opus Click here to Send opus a Private Message Find more posts by opus Add opus to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buddha's penis
has it all

quote:
Originally posted by opus
Dude,luke fought darth fuckin vader in empire and got his hand chopped off,he couldn't have been that much of a pansy.

if he wasn't a pansy, he's still have that hand.
upon reflection, he didn't exactly kick darth ass in jedi, either. there wasn't much fighting before the emperor started shooting out the lightning and shit.
ah well. i just like lightsabres and x-wings. the rest of the movies never did much for me.

Old Post 05-08-2002 08:30 AM
buddha's penis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buddha's penis Click here to Send buddha's penis a Private Message Find more posts by buddha's penis Add buddha's penis to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pj
Captain America

quote:
Originally posted by Rav

At least Episode Two proves that it was all Jar Jar's fault

have you read the book as well?

Old Post 05-08-2002 11:54 AM
pj is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pj Click here to Send pj a Private Message Visit pj's homepage! Find more posts by pj Add pj to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fiend
Medically crazy

Luke was a fucking whiner in most of the movies, but I like Empire Strikes Back. Go Empire!

"We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it." -Douglas Adams

Old Post 05-08-2002 01:49 PM
Fiend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fiend Click here to Send Fiend a Private Message Find more posts by Fiend Add Fiend to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rav
Nothing

quote:
Originally posted by pj

have you read the book as well?

Yes.

Old Post 05-08-2002 07:32 PM
Rav is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rav Click here to Send Rav a Private Message Find more posts by Rav Add Rav to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pj
Captain America

quote:
Originally posted by Rav

Yes.

good isn't it?

Old Post 05-08-2002 07:38 PM
Rav
Nothing

Yeah...it should make a bloody good film :+:

Old Post 05-08-2002 07:41 PM
pj
Captain America

quote:
Originally posted by Rav
Yeah...it should make a bloody good film :+:

my sentiments exactly. i'm quietly optimistic that this one will be a lot better than the last one, mainly because this time Lucas got someone in to write the screenplay.

Old Post 05-08-2002 08:01 PM
Rav
Nothing

The Phantom Menace
Jake Lloyd :-:
Jar Jar Binks :-:

Attack of the Clones
No Jake Lloyd :+:
Very little Jar Jar :+:

Looks like we have a winner

Old Post 05-08-2002 08:31 PM
Ryoko!
heathen?

The Phantom Menace was awful!!
I have to go with The Empire, i think I voted for ROTJ (opps).

Attachment: ttt.gif
This has been downloaded 36 time(s).

Old Post 05-08-2002 10:02 PM
Ryoko! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ryoko! Click here to Send Ryoko! a Private Message Find more posts by Ryoko! Add Ryoko! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

I cant decide,I like all 3 (The only ones I agnoledge)

Its sickening what happend to this beautiful movie!! (I thankfully have all 3 on VHS (Original))

Old Post 04-30-2019 12:21 PM
Dude111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dude111 Click here to Send Dude111 a Private Message Find more posts by Dude111 Add Dude111 to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote