The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > I did things!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Oracular_Jinx
Old hag

I did things!

So, I have a fake bucket list. It is to see every continent for real, but the fake list involves whatever I would like to do but have put off. I had a very hard time when I did not get married a few years back. Then dad died. So, there are things I started doing rather than putting off: took a pottery class, joined a women's golf league and community orchestra, started writing a book, and now am learning linux (just a little for fun). It feels great. I challenge you to do one of those things you have been meaning to get to but haven't. You are welcome.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-07-2019 02:24 AM
Oracular_Jinx is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oracular_Jinx Click here to Send Oracular_Jinx a Private Message Find more posts by Oracular_Jinx Add Oracular_Jinx to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Hey Jinxy. How many continents have you seen thus far? Ive been to just three: North America, Europe, South America.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Old Post 09-14-2019 03:30 PM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
plum
Last Man

Re: I did things!

quote:
Originally posted by Oracular_Jinx
So, I have a fake bucket list. It is to see every continent for real, but the fake list involves whatever I would like to do but have put off. I had a very hard time when I did not get married a few years back. Then dad died. So, there are things I started doing rather than putting off: took a pottery class, joined a women's golf league and community orchestra, started writing a book, and now am learning linux (just a little for fun). It feels great. I challenge you to do one of those things you have been meaning to get to but haven't. You are welcome.

Life isn't something you extract from and say 'Thanks'. Life is only meaningful when you, the Lifer, is deliberate and has a specific plan. You have no plan.

Old Post 09-15-2019 11:36 AM
plum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for plum Click here to Send plum a Private Message Find more posts by plum Add plum to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Muffy
Crika bait

Re: Re: I did things!

quote:
Originally posted by plum
blah blah blah, I'm trying to be intelligent and profound but really just sound like a total wanker
What a dick.

Old Post 09-15-2019 08:15 PM
Muffy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Muffy Click here to Send Muffy a Private Message Find more posts by Muffy Add Muffy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

Remember that time when I wrote down the serial number for a dollar for that "where's George" site and they said I cheated because you too far away?
That was fun.

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 09-18-2019 11:43 PM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
plum
Last Man

Re: Re: Re: I did things!

quote:
Originally posted by Muffy
What a dick.

If you don't understand me, just say so...

Bitch

Old Post 09-19-2019 03:04 PM
plum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for plum Click here to Send plum a Private Message Find more posts by plum Add plum to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Muffy
Crika bait

I do enjoy a good bitch fit. However, I've just had my nails done, I'm drinking a perfectly made flat white, and it's a glorious sunny Friday evening, so I'm not feeling remotely bitchy, damnit! I feel more like the cat that just got the cream, and is maybe in need of a little nap.

Old Post 09-20-2019 06:27 AM
Muffy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Muffy Click here to Send Muffy a Private Message Find more posts by Muffy Add Muffy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
plum
Last Man

There's nothing for you to bitch on if you wanted to, so it's not like you have a choice if you don't feel like it.

I suppose you would throw out Milton or Tennyson, deriding them as "pretentiously deep". If I say something that you interpret as pretentious it's likely because no one else has the clarity to even think of these things. And I'm doing it for myself, so fuck you. I'm doing it to hopefully get some civil positive or negative external validation from the community, and that doesn't include the expectation of personal insults by people whom know nothing of me.

If you're not willing to meet the person face to face and repeat what you said, then your personal attacks (issued with complete anonymity, no repercussions, and from thousands of miles away) are cowardly and without merit. I'm willing to meet you in person, Big Muffer. Are you willing to meet me? I didn't think so, so keep doing your little nails and keep your mouth shut.

Old Post 09-20-2019 02:33 PM
Muffy
Crika bait

I don't need a reason to be a bitch, much like you don't appear to need a reason to be a dick.
Plum, I've seen enough of you to know you only pop in here to throw out little insults and try to bait people. You're a dick. Your comment to Jinxy was both pretentious and mean spirited. Again, you're a dick. More than happy to tell you you're a dick to your face should you ever be in my proximity.

Old Post 09-21-2019 02:18 AM
Muffy
Crika bait

My proximity: https://www.google.co.nz/maps/place...53877,14z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x6d0b7dc4a7fa740d:0x500ef6143a2ef80!8m2!3d-35.7641193!4d174.3664528

Old Post 09-21-2019 02:36 AM
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

That street was on my paper route, Muff. Very nice people live there. I got good tips, too.

Old Post 09-22-2019 02:03 AM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Muffy
Crika bait

The locals don't tend to tip. They will push you off your bicycle and steal your shoes though. I hate this place. My house is nice, and I have an ocean view, but generally speaking Whangarei is the trailer park of New Zealand, where culture comes to die.

Old Post 09-22-2019 02:33 AM
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

Well, if that's the case, I hope you can soon move to a place that suits your sensibilities and talents.

Old Post 09-22-2019 04:10 AM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Muffy
Crika bait

Haha - don't know if Pinecreek is quite that, but it will certainly be a change, and I'm itching for a change. I'll have to brush up on my redneck.

Old Post 09-22-2019 04:20 AM
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

Without going into details, as it's personal, has your house appreciated in value since you bought it? Ignore if personal.

Old Post 09-22-2019 07:46 PM
Muffy
Crika bait

Yep. I got this place in 2012 and since then it has almost doubled in value. It helps that they put in a new bridge so you can get from one side of the harbour to the other quite quickly now, and a nice cycleway, and built a new park etc. I knew about the planned changes when I bought, and it was an investment property more than anything. Definitely not my dream home, but pretty decent in terms of equity building.

Old Post 09-23-2019 06:26 AM
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

I knew you were smart. Fantastic!

Old Post 09-23-2019 07:20 AM
plum
Last Man

quote:
Originally posted by Muffy
Plum, I've seen enough of you to know you only pop in here to throw out little insults and try to bait people. You're a dick. Your comment to Jinxy was both pretentious and mean spirited. .

Jinx was the one being pretentious and condescending. Read her post again. She admitted that she's not doing anything important or meaningful, yet is self-righteous and defiant about it. If she considers my reply, she'd see that it was meant to be helpful, not dickful.

I've only insulted anyone her in retaliation, and if I were trying to 'bait' people, presumeably my posts would be more than once every few months.

Old Post 09-24-2019 11:45 AM
Muffy
Crika bait

I didn't (and still don't) read Jinxy's comment that way.

If your heart is in the right place then I hate to break it to you that your posts don't read the way you seem to think they do.

I don't really follow your point about frequency of posting being a requirement for baiting. That logic doesn't really pan out.

Old Post 09-24-2019 07:29 PM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Re: I did things!

quote:
Originally posted by Oracular_Jinx
So...I challenge you to do one of those things you have been meaning to get to but haven't. You are welcome.

Jinxy? I challenge you to visit the International Car Forest of the Last Church.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Old Post 10-27-2019 08:36 PM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

Did Jinxy pass away?

Old Post 10-27-2019 10:39 PM