The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > WIT - Whore Institute of Technology > 5.1 speakers
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Avondale
oh hello

5.1 speakers

okay, my old speakers blew, and i just bought a really expensive new set of speakers.

i got the klipsch 5.1 surround sound ones.

i don't have a 5 channel sound card, so only the two front speakers are playing. the two rear speakers, and the center speaker don't play at all.

the subwoofer connects to the computer for with three different cords - however, since mine is not a 5.1 sound card, i can only connect it with one cord.
all of the 5 speakers are connected to the subwoofer just fine.

anyway, my question is this: until i can buy a new 5 channel sound card, is there any way i can rig it so that the new speakers will all use the same one channel, so that i can have all 5 speakers playing at once, rather than just have the two front speakers playing?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-28-2005 09:45 PM
Avondale is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Avondale Click here to Send Avondale a Private Message Find more posts by Avondale Add Avondale to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SatansLeftHand
buttercup

go to best buy, and spend some money, punk.

Old Post 03-28-2005 09:50 PM
SatansLeftHand is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SatansLeftHand Click here to Send SatansLeftHand a Private Message Find more posts by SatansLeftHand Add SatansLeftHand to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Avondale
oh hello

i did jackass, i just dropped $400 on these speakers.

Old Post 03-28-2005 09:51 PM
Avondale is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Avondale Click here to Send Avondale a Private Message Find more posts by Avondale Add Avondale to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Avondale
oh hello

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...d=1091101682270

would this one be a good one to buy?

Old Post 03-28-2005 09:59 PM
SimpleSimon
Dead Horse Rider

Get an Audigy 2 ZS, platinum if you have a free drive bay in front (it has eq controls and front in/out ports). Per SLH.

Old Post 03-28-2005 09:59 PM
SimpleSimon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SimpleSimon Click here to Send SimpleSimon a Private Message Find more posts by SimpleSimon Add SimpleSimon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smug Git
Arrogance Personified

Advice:

Get a really cheap 5.1 sound card until you can afford a good one.

Next time, don't spend $400 on speakers that you can't use. Instead, budget for the whole system.

Last edited by Smug Git on 03-29-2005 at 12:36 AM

Old Post 03-28-2005 10:05 PM
Smug Git is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smug Git Click here to Send Smug Git a Private Message Find more posts by Smug Git Add Smug Git to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Avondale
oh hello

Smug, i didn't realize it would be incompatible. the guy at best buy told me (because i DID ask) that at the very least, all 5 speakers would run on the same channel, and use the same audio.

what are the benefits of a really good sound card over a cheap one?

Old Post 03-28-2005 10:36 PM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

See that button over there?
It says "Speaker channel."
Turn up your volume all the way
Then push that button.
Hope this helps.

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 03-29-2005 12:19 AM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

I got this for Christmas 2 years ago.
It was like 50 bucks when Wal Mart has that screaming before christmas sale thing.
It just connects to my speaker hole thinggie.
It also connects to my DVD player.
And also to my television.
It blows me away and shit.

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 03-29-2005 12:26 AM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

oops...

Attachment: 100_6286 copy.jpg.jpg
This has been downloaded 52 time(s).

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 03-29-2005 12:27 AM
zman101
Proud Orgasm Doner

I had the GMX5.1 Klipsch speakers but when they were hooked up via nForce SoundStorm DIGITAL it would make a screeching sound if nothing was playing this was a hardware defect and they wouldn't exchange. Yet if hooked up in analog it wouldn't screech.

So I sold them on ebay and got a set of Klipsch 4.1 THX which hook up via analog. The reason I did this was the GMX line of speakers sub had no bass but the THX have more then I want so I was able to dial it down to my liking.

Old Post 03-29-2005 01:04 AM
zman101 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zman101 Find more posts by zman101 Add zman101 to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Avondale
oh hello

well i bought a $50 creative 5.1 surround sound external USB sound card, so i got the full system working pretty nicely now. thanks for the help fellas

Old Post 03-29-2005 03:02 AM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

..why ..what ..why does a system like that need a sound card?

I want a Trump sex doll.
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 03-29-2005 03:59 AM
Tray
confidence trickster

I hear the klipsch are pretty rockin systems - how does it sound with the new card?

Old Post 03-29-2005 04:40 AM
Tray is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tray Click here to Send Tray a Private Message Visit Tray's homepage! Find more posts by Tray Add Tray to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
macker
Holy Me-el

quote:
Originally posted by Avondale
well i bought a $50 creative 5.1 surround sound external USB sound card, so i got the full system working pretty nicely now. thanks for the help fellas

You really should have got the Audigy 2(breakout box really isn't needed although it's handy). The bare card would have been ~$60 and the output is much cleaner than the USB card.

Old Post 03-29-2005 10:18 AM
macker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for macker Click here to Send macker a Private Message Visit macker's homepage! Find more posts by macker Add macker to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DevilMoon
passive stalker?

quote:
Originally posted by Avondale
the guy at best buy told me...

Let this be a lesson.

Old Post 03-29-2005 11:25 AM
DevilMoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilMoon Click here to Send DevilMoon a Private Message Find more posts by DevilMoon Add DevilMoon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Avondale
oh hello

quote:
Originally posted by Tray
I hear the klipsch are pretty rockin systems - how does it sound with the new card?

FUCKING INCREDIBLE

Old Post 03-29-2005 01:18 PM
Avondale
oh hello

quote:
Originally posted by macker
You really should have got the Audigy 2(breakout box really isn't needed although it's handy). The bare card would have been ~$60 and the output is much cleaner than the USB card.

doh. ah well. i know for next time now, i guess.

Old Post 03-29-2005 01:20 PM
zman101
Proud Orgasm Doner

I am a personal fan of the SoundStorm on the nForce2 chipsets w/ real time dolby digital encoding. But with the new pc I have some Intel HD Audio which is probly garbage.

Old Post 03-30-2005 02:51 AM
zman101 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zman101 Find more posts by zman101 Add zman101 to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote