The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Polìticàs der Mondé > I resign
Pages (5): « 1 2 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
CHiPsJr
Ginger-headed Troll

Thanks! And thanks for the reminder of what was a fun site. Hope all's well for y'all in the big big world.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-17-2018 05:10 AM
CHiPsJr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHiPsJr Click here to Send CHiPsJr a Private Message Find more posts by CHiPsJr Add CHiPsJr to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
plum
Last Man

Chips Jr. was probably my all time favorite member here. Paint would get lost in pseudo-artsy BS; but Chips Jr. was like a ray of sunshine beaming through- the lone voice of level-headed sanity and reason.

Old Post 06-17-2018 10:22 AM
plum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for plum Click here to Send plum a Private Message Find more posts by plum Add plum to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHiPsJr
Ginger-headed Troll

Kind of you to say so. If you liked my writing then, get more of it here: www.stevedubois.net

Old Post 06-21-2018 02:46 AM
CHiPsJr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHiPsJr Click here to Send CHiPsJr a Private Message Find more posts by CHiPsJr Add CHiPsJr to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

Is "Don" available to read on the 'net?

And, yes, unconscious plagiarism is possible.

Old Post 06-23-2018 05:39 PM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHiPsJr
Ginger-headed Troll

Unconscious plagiarism is certainly possible, and I've done it myself. I've had to rewrite entire sections of stories after realizing what inspired them. The question of concept plagiarism (as opposed to text plagiarism) is a bit more complex.

"Don" is at present only available via Andromeda Spaceways (the issue as a whole is $5 at http://andromedaspaceways.com/shop/asm-71/). In a few months, when the exclusivity period expires, I'll be marketing it for reprint to some sites which will likely make it available for free, and if one of them buys it'll be on my author site.

But it's a good thing to pay for work if you want people to keep creating it, and IMO this issue is worth the cost.

Old Post 06-23-2018 08:21 PM
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

Thanks for the info.

Old Post 06-24-2018 02:40 AM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coincidence
Counterfeit

I'm stalking ChipsJr on facebook. Always nice updates, too bad the US aren't at the world cup.

Old Post 06-24-2018 10:42 AM
Coincidence is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coincidence Click here to Send Coincidence a Private Message Visit Coincidence's homepage! Find more posts by Coincidence Add Coincidence to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Oh, and I forgot to mention that your resignation was not accepted, CHiPsJr. And if you don’t like it, that’s your Problematic.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Old Post 06-29-2018 05:09 PM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

quote:
Originally posted by CHiPsJr
I kinda forgot I was a moderator here.

I resign. I nominate thimbles as my replacement.

All my best to Asylum. I had a lot of fun here.

Thank you for all the help my friend!!!!

Im glad to see your still an active member here

Peace and love to ya!!

Old Post 06-29-2018 10:39 PM
Dude111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dude111 Click here to Send Dude111 a Private Message Find more posts by Dude111 Add Dude111 to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote