The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > Hangover cures?
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
absolut
one sock

Post Hangover cures?

Got any that actually work?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-25-2000 04:38 AM
absolut is offline Click Here to See the Profile for absolut Click here to Send absolut a Private Message Find more posts by absolut Add absolut to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DevilMoon
passive stalker?

Drink more.

Old Post 11-25-2000 04:39 AM
DevilMoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilMoon Click here to Send DevilMoon a Private Message Find more posts by DevilMoon Add DevilMoon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MadBomber
=()

I force myself to drink at least two big glasses of water before I go to sleep. if my noggin still aches a bit the next morning, I'll have another glass and some breakfast. usually clears it right up.

------------------------
I'll be stomping the ass out of Marry Poppins if anyone needs me.

Old Post 11-25-2000 04:41 AM
MadBomber is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MadBomber Click here to Send MadBomber a Private Message Visit MadBomber's homepage! Find more posts by MadBomber Add MadBomber to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slappy
slippery when happy

hula hoops and lucozade

basically, starch, sugar and liquid.

Old Post 11-25-2000 04:46 AM
slappy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for slappy Click here to Send slappy a Private Message Find more posts by slappy Add slappy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WastedPotential
sociotard

Sorry to hear you're sick.

I go to the Rustler's Roost and force myself to choke down the Pinto breakfast. Home fries, two eggs, biscuit and poultry gravy.

GRRRRRAAAAAVVVVYYYYY.....

Lots of tobasco helps. So does the three hundred cups of coffee consumed during the meal.

And then I go sleep for a couple hours.

If it's real bad puking sick, all one can do is pray for a quick death. Luckily for me, those episodes are few and far between.

------------------------
Fuck God and Fuck America, but I totally agree with Jerry. I'll send you my resume as Band Manager...

Old Post 11-25-2000 04:59 AM
WastedPotential is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WastedPotential Click here to Send WastedPotential a Private Message Find more posts by WastedPotential Add WastedPotential to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Agoust
Electric and hideous.

Advance preparation is key. Before you go to bed/pass-out, drink as much water as possible, along with a few Tylenol Extra Strength.

Works everytime. Ok, nearly every time.

------------------------
"Wisdom comes with winters."--Oscar Wilde

Old Post 11-25-2000 05:16 AM
Agoust is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Agoust Click here to Send Agoust a Private Message Find more posts by Agoust Add Agoust to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite
wallet.dat is where it at

This is a guranteed cure for hangovers: Don't drink.

Simple as that. You don't want a hangover, you leave the booze alone.

------------------------
"Your experiment this week, Joel, is called Pod People. It has nothing to do with pods, it has nothing to do with people, it has everything to do with *hurting*." - Dr. Forrester, MST3K

Was it something you would do for anybody?
Was it what you'd only do for me?
Or was it something where you acted when you saw the need
And knew that there would be a way the act could be repaid
And so it may, but for today
I want to thank you for putting me back in my snail shell

Old Post 11-25-2000 05:23 AM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CAL
Damn Your Eyes!!

Cool

Okay, take a piece of raw pork and put it in the microwave. While it is cooking and the brown curds are bubbling to the surface, get some white bread. Take out pork, soak up brown curds with bread, roll into a ball and dissolve under your tongue.

Works like a charm...

CAL

------------------------
"The desert is my church, and hunting is my god."

Old Post 11-25-2000 05:26 AM
CAL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CAL Click here to Send CAL a Private Message Find more posts by CAL Add CAL to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DevilMoon
passive stalker?

quote:
Originally posted by Agoust:
Advance preparation is key. Before you go to bed/pass-out, drink as much water as possible, along with a few Tylenol Extra Strength.

They say now that Tylenol + alcohol = liver damage.

D

Old Post 11-25-2000 05:26 AM
DevilMoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DevilMoon Click here to Send DevilMoon a Private Message Find more posts by DevilMoon Add DevilMoon to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite

quote:
Originally posted by DevilMoon:

D

Funny. They've said that alcohol + liver = liver damage for quite some time.

------------------------
"Your experiment this week, Joel, is called Pod People. It has nothing to do with pods, it has nothing to do with people, it has everything to do with *hurting*." - Dr. Forrester, MST3K

Old Post 11-25-2000 05:36 AM
SocialParasite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SocialParasite Click here to Send SocialParasite a Private Message Find more posts by SocialParasite Add SocialParasite to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Agoust
Electric and hideous.

quote:
Originally posted by DevilMoon:

Right, I guess I should have qualified this. If you're a heavy drinker--i.e. more than three alcoholic beverages per day everyday, Tylenol and Advil (Ibuprofen) shouldn't be used.

------------------------
"Wisdom comes with winters."--Oscar Wilde

Old Post 11-25-2000 05:41 AM
Agoust is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Agoust Click here to Send Agoust a Private Message Find more posts by Agoust Add Agoust to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dead_Inside
Joey's Head Bitch

quote:
Originally posted by Agoust:
Right, I guess I should have qualified this. If you're a heavy drinker--i.e. more than three alcoholic beverages per day everyday, Tylenol and Advil (Ibuprofen) shouldn't be used.

Uh-oh.

Old Post 11-25-2000 05:47 AM
Dead_Inside is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dead_Inside Click here to Send Dead_Inside a Private Message Find more posts by Dead_Inside Add Dead_Inside to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fiend
Medically crazy

gatorade, hands down the best hangover cure of all
either that or a joint

------------------------
ManHo Inc.

Old Post 11-25-2000 05:59 AM
Fiend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fiend Click here to Send Fiend a Private Message Find more posts by Fiend Add Fiend to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wonderaz
Sarky Bastard

quote:
Originally posted by AlcoholSoopaFiend:
[Bgatorade, hands down the best hangover cure of all
either that or a joint

[/B]

When did you sober up long enough to have a hangover?

------------------------
Don't argue with me.

Old Post 11-25-2000 07:01 AM
wonderaz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wonderaz Click here to Send wonderaz a Private Message Visit wonderaz's homepage! Find more posts by wonderaz Add wonderaz to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
absolut
one sock

quote:
Originally posted by SocialParasite:
This is a guranteed cure for hangovers: Don't drink.

Simple as that. You don't want a hangover, you leave the booze alone.

There's always one.

Old Post 11-25-2000 12:15 PM
absolut is offline Click Here to See the Profile for absolut Click here to Send absolut a Private Message Find more posts by absolut Add absolut to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JoeyCat
Felis Dominatus

Sounds disgusting, but I will share...

Drink plenty of water before going to bed. If you still feel bad the next morning...chocolate milk then some kind of carbonated beverage right after.

------------------------
=^..^=

Old Post 11-25-2000 03:30 PM
JoeyCat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoeyCat Click here to Send JoeyCat a Private Message Find more posts by JoeyCat Add JoeyCat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pangloss
feu follet

Yep.

90% of hangovers are caused by dehydration while you sleep. Nothing more. Try to drink a pint of water for every 4 units of alcohol you've had. (2 units in a pint of beer, 1 in a spirit and 1.5 (ish) in a glass of wine.)

Read this.

------------------------
and so on ...

Old Post 11-25-2000 05:28 PM
Pangloss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pangloss Click here to Send Pangloss a Private Message Find more posts by Pangloss Add Pangloss to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Freelance
Cuddly Puppy

I heard that if you take amphetamines with your alcohol, you can stop a hangover from developing. I wouldn't know first-hand though. . . I never get hung over, it seems the male side of my family is immune.

------------------------
Anger=Red

Old Post 11-25-2000 07:13 PM
Freelance is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Freelance Click here to Send Freelance a Private Message Find more posts by Freelance Add Freelance to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SocialParasite

quote:
Originally posted by absolut:
There's always one.

Yeah, there's always one that gives the best and most reasonable sure-fire advice ever. Aren't you glad it was me?

------------------------

Old Post 11-25-2000 07:28 PM
GnpGnop
Fluffy Bunny

the trick is vomit, vomit, vomit.

throw up before you go to bed, drink mylanta, take advil, and drink gatorade. wake up in the middle of the night, drink more water take more advil. then jerk off.

Old Post 11-25-2000 08:14 PM
GnpGnop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GnpGnop Click here to Send GnpGnop a Private Message Find more posts by GnpGnop Add GnpGnop to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WastedPotential
sociotard

quote:
Originally posted by Freelance:
I heard that if you take amphetamines with your alcohol, you can stop a hangover from developing.

ha. the cure is worse than the ill.

------------------------
Fuck God and Fuck America, but I totally agree with Jerry. I'll send you my resume as Band Manager...

Old Post 11-25-2000 08:43 PM
WastedPotential is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WastedPotential Click here to Send WastedPotential a Private Message Find more posts by WastedPotential Add WastedPotential to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vyper
Psychodynamic

I have always heard that hangovers (much like morning sickness) are caused by a severe drop in blood sugar...and the quickest way to get your blood sugar back up is to put a spoonful (or one packet) of sugar under your tongue and let it disolve. (don't eat it) by letting it disolve under your tongue, most of it goes directly into your blood stream....presto...no more pukin (works like a charm for morning sickness anyways) as for the headaches...exedrin migraine seems to be the best by far

------------------------
The Yummy Delicious Goodness is back!!

Old Post 11-26-2000 06:56 AM
Vyper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vyper Click here to Send Vyper a Private Message Find more posts by Vyper Add Vyper to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mudded
+/-?

Went to a christmas party last night and binge drank caraway schnapps.
I also drank half a gallon of club soda during the night, and have been about 85% functional today, on about 5 hours of sleep.

The only redeeming quality of being fat is that you can drink everyone else under the table twice over. 60ish units of alcohol in 8 hours is not a personal record, but its damn close.

And caraway schnapps is bloody tasty.

Old Post 11-17-2013 02:26 PM
mudded is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mudded Click here to Send mudded a Private Message Visit mudded's homepage! Find more posts by mudded Add mudded to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DRZ
SS: GIFs ARE autoplays!

60 units is just under 2 and a half bottles of vodka ... where is Skally?

Old Post 11-17-2013 02:46 PM
DRZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DRZ Click here to Send DRZ a Private Message Find more posts by DRZ Add DRZ to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coincidence
Counterfeit

Schnapps just works.

Old Post 11-17-2013 03:11 PM
Coincidence is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coincidence Click here to Send Coincidence a Private Message Visit Coincidence's homepage! Find more posts by Coincidence Add Coincidence to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote