The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > So, how's that Global Warming working out?
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
J E B Stuart
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Large Filipino
...Keep with me I swear I'm going somewhere.

Beep! Beep!

Amen.

Attachment: 55cf0c8b-9d8a-436a-9891-c5be179a5c58.jpeg
This has been downloaded 54 time(s).

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-25-2019 04:04 PM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

Where did you get my picture?

Old Post 04-28-2019 02:25 AM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by GoFuckYourselves!
Where did you get my picture?

Easy. They’re in all the men’s restroom stalls in Grand Central Station. I edited out your contact info from the pic because that woulda made it spam.

Amen.

" Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background of countless minor scenes and interiors, (not the official surface courteousness of the Generals, not the few great battles) of the Secession war; and it is best they should not�the real war will never get in the books." ~ Walt Whitman

Old Post 05-01-2019 09:44 PM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

Hey, keep the faith if you want, but you are going to realize at some point you were wrong. Or I will. So far I have seen no evidence to convince me of anything except the fact that the science supporting it is shit. At the end of the day, I don't care beyond the distraction this climate scheme causes that results in REAL ecological disasters getting less attention than they deserve.

LF is a cretin, but you're a smart guy, Fubar. I'm surprised that you've been taken in by this myth. Meh, I guess everyone needs religion of one sort or another and, make no mistake, AGW theory is a religion. It's effect on the credibility of science as a whole has not been positive. It will take decades for science's reputation to be fully restored and that can only begin when this ridiculously flawed and arrogant theory is dispensed with. Who knows how long that will take given the stupidity of your average human?

Old Post 05-04-2019 06:09 PM
Trenchant_Troll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trenchant_Troll Click here to Send Trenchant_Troll a Private Message Find more posts by Trenchant_Troll Add Trenchant_Troll to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fubar
mud falcon

I go where the data lead me. Your very strong opinion is not data, and it isn't even reminiscent of critical thinking. In fact, it smells very similar to the average right or left wing voter whose world view is based on CNN or Fox headlines.

Old Post 05-05-2019 12:29 PM
fubar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fubar Click here to Send fubar a Private Message Find more posts by fubar Add fubar to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
memdink
spasm of violence

GFY, you mention buying a row boat. Get more imaginative. Today's coastlines are beaches, swamps, deltas, and forests. Tomorrow's coastlines are roads, curbs, ditches, building foundations, structures, forest remnants, parking signs, power poles, and sewer pipes. 112 million people live along the U.S. east coast. Let's say something like 1% of those people live on the beach and 5% live in probably affected areas. 600,000 people live in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale alone. The Puerto Rico migration after hurricane Maria was about 130,000 people and that was a strain on Florida by itself. The potential number of people migrating inland is a national security issue. It's not about boats. It's about private property and refugees.

Old Post 05-07-2019 08:17 PM
memdink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for memdink Click here to Send memdink a Private Message Find more posts by memdink Add memdink to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

Would it be better if I took the rowboat out of my living room and sold it and then moved to a mountaintop?

Old Post 05-08-2019 01:43 AM
GoFuckYourselves! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoFuckYourselves! Click here to Send GoFuckYourselves! a Private Message Find more posts by GoFuckYourselves! Add GoFuckYourselves! to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
memdink
spasm of violence

quote:
Originally posted by Trenchant_Troll
Hey, keep the faith if you want, but you are going to realize at some point you were wrong. Or I will. So far I have seen no evidence to convince me of anything except the fact that the science supporting it is shit. At the end of the day, I don't care beyond the distraction this climate scheme causes that results in REAL ecological disasters getting less attention than they deserve.

LF is a cretin, but you're a smart guy, Fubar. I'm surprised that you've been taken in by this myth. Meh, I guess everyone needs religion of one sort or another and, make no mistake, AGW theory is a religion. It's effect on the credibility of science as a whole has not been positive. It will take decades for science's reputation to be fully restored and that can only begin when this ridiculously flawed and arrogant theory is dispensed with. Who knows how long that will take given the stupidity of your average human?

Can you provide sources refuting the assertions of the IPCC? Where are you getting the idea that climate change theories are flawed and that CO2 is not a contributing factor? That shit's been figured out since the early 1900's.

Old Post 05-09-2019 07:52 PM
memdink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for memdink Click here to Send memdink a Private Message Find more posts by memdink Add memdink to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fubar
mud falcon

quote:
Originally posted by memdink
Can you provide sources refuting the assertions of the IPCC? Where are you getting the idea that climate change theories are flawed and that CO2 is not a contributing factor? That shit's been figured out since the early 1900's.

I find it so hard to believe that he denies global warming that I have to believe there's just some part of it he objects to, but is confusing not liking an idea with that idea not being true because it isn't liked.

Old Post 05-09-2019 09:03 PM
fubar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fubar Click here to Send fubar a Private Message Find more posts by fubar Add fubar to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

People can find sources for anything. Means nothing.

Old Post 05-10-2019 02:50 AM
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Any thoughts on AOC’s Green New Deal? I confess I have not read it.

Amen.

Old Post 05-16-2019 03:37 PM
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

I've looked at it but haven't studied it. She's against air travel, for one thing. She wants more mass transit and no gasoline cars. The cost is in the trillions. But the United States can't save the planet by itself.

Old Post 05-16-2019 05:01 PM
memdink
spasm of violence

quote:
Originally posted by J E B Stuart
Any thoughts on AOC’s Green New Deal? I confess I have not read it.

Amen.

I haven't read it. I'm skeptical of a freshman representative's big ideas. Lot's of noise making and popular wave riding. If she can keep it up for 5 or 10 years and the gears of government don't grind her down I think she'll be worth some attention.

I think the IPCC is a more respectable place to look for policy ideas.

https://www.ipcc.ch/site/assets/upl...olicymakers.pdf

Old Post 05-16-2019 05:28 PM
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

As it says, " International cooperation is therefore required to effectively mitigate GHG emissions and address other climate change issues." I totally agree. The United States has to be part and parcel of a world effort.

Old Post 05-17-2019 02:17 AM
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

AOC is, without a doubt, the dumbest person ever elected to Congress. Her ignorance is almost beyond description. I figure she ran for office because she wasn't smart enough to wait tables.

Old Post 05-17-2019 10:30 PM
Trenchant_Troll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Trenchant_Troll Click here to Send Trenchant_Troll a Private Message Find more posts by Trenchant_Troll Add Trenchant_Troll to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

quote:
Originally posted by fubar
I go where the data lead me. Your very strong opinion is not data, and it isn't even reminiscent of critical thinking. In fact, it smells very similar to the average right or left wing voter whose world view is based on CNN or Fox headlines.

Wrong again. However, it doesn't matter because the climate will do what it wants regardless of what humans do. Earth will be just fine. We are highly likely to go extinct before we attain the ability to affect the climate. I would love to hear what "data" convinces you that Global Warming is real though. Surely, you should have no problem sharing an example of the abundant evidence out there.

Old Post 05-17-2019 10:45 PM
fubar
mud falcon

quote:
Originally posted by Trenchant_Troll
Wrong again. However, it doesn't matter because the climate will do what it wants regardless of what humans do. Earth will be just fine. We are highly likely to go extinct before we attain the ability to affect the climate. I would love to hear what "data" convinces you that Global Warming is real though. Surely, you should have no problem sharing an example of the abundant evidence out there.

I've shared it here, but I guess the mods have blocked you from seeing it. That's the only explanation I can think of.

Old Post 05-17-2019 11:12 PM
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Old Post 05-18-2019 03:04 AM
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

NASA? Lol.

Old Post 05-18-2019 05:57 PM
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

Oooookay.

Old Post 05-18-2019 06:01 PM
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

OK, I am done with this conversation. I remain skeptical and some of you remain true to your faith. That makes for an impasse and place where civil human beings agree to disagree. So I say, believe what you wish and I will not believe as I wish. Someday in the not so distant future mankind will have the answer to the climate issue. I'll be able to admit my error if I am proven wrong, will you?

That's all I have to say about this until science returns to the accepted methods that served it so well for so long, where proof trumped consensus everytime. See you when the ice age starts.

Old Post 05-18-2019 06:11 PM
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

You guys should do some looking into NASA sometime. I did and it was an eye-opener. Or you can just believe.

Old Post 05-18-2019 06:13 PM
GoFuckYourselves!
#1 Asylum Dumbfuck!

The following is from:

https://skepticalscience.com/NASA-retirees-letter2.html

"Now in January of 2013, a group of 20 "Apollo era NASA retirees" has put together a rudimentary climate "report" and issued a press release declaring that they have decided human-caused global warming is not "settled" and is nothing to worry about. This time around they have not listed the 20 individuals who contributed to this project, but have simply described the group as being:

"...comprised of renowned space scientists with formal educational and decades career involvement in engineering, physics, chemistry, astrophysics, geophysics, geology and meteorology. Many of these scientists have Ph.Ds"

The project seems to be headed by H. Leighton Steward, a 77-year-old former oil and gas executive. The press release also links the NASA group to his website, "co2isgreen", which also has an extensive history of receiving fossil fuel industry funding.

This story can be summed up very simply: a group of retired NASA scientists with no climate science research experience listened to a few climate scientists and a few fossil fuel-funded contrarian scientists, read a few climate blogs, asked a few relatively simple questions, decided that those questions cannot be answered (though we will answer them in this post), put together a very rudimentary report, and now expect people to listen to them because they used to work at NASA. It's purely an appeal to authority, except that the participants have no authority or expertise in climate science."

I would love it if humans weren't causing these problems. And as much as I would love the science to be wrong, I don't believe it is.

Old Post 05-19-2019 04:09 AM
Trenchant_Troll
ad hominid

Fair enough. One day we'll know.

Old Post 05-19-2019 05:09 AM
Large Filipino
Fuck me hard in my arse.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/17/poli...ange/index.html

I want a Trump sex doll.
I would throw it in a Orangutan enclosure
And watch the orgy.

Old Post 05-19-2019 05:59 AM
Large Filipino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Large Filipino Click here to Send Large Filipino a Private Message Visit Large Filipino's homepage! Find more posts by Large Filipino Add Large Filipino to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote