The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > The Lost Forum > anime...
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
exodus
Fluffy Bunny

Arrow anime...

does anyone care for rather emotional anime...

I simply breathe it at times.
for anyone who has not seen the series escaflowne, please make an effort to do so if you're at all interested in the genre. it's quite beautiful, and runs the full gamut of emotion

and do see it subtitled.

utsukushii da na....
oyasuminasai...minna...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-19-2000 07:20 AM
exodus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for exodus Click here to Send exodus a Private Message Find more posts by exodus Add exodus to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fiend
Medically crazy

i'll have to check it out

have you ever seen Legend of the Overfiend?
fucked up shit man, cool as hell tho

Old Post 10-19-2000 07:25 AM
Fiend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fiend Click here to Send Fiend a Private Message Find more posts by Fiend Add Fiend to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Leroy Binks
Retired Handle

I think Legend of the Overfiend was the first anime that I e're saw. After Voltron of course. And anyone who says that Voltron isn't anime can blow me. But you're right, that was some fucked up shit in Legend. Like the orgy that turned into a bloodbath right in the beginning with the basketball player... gross

------------------
Curry powder is not an acceptable substitue for baby powder.

Old Post 10-19-2000 07:28 AM
Leroy Binks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Leroy Binks Click here to Send Leroy Binks a Private Message Visit Leroy Binks's homepage! Find more posts by Leroy Binks Add Leroy Binks to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
exodus
Fluffy Bunny

they've got worse than urotsukidoji...believe me. some of it is actually sickening =/

yeh the japanese love their hentai. but alot of the good stuff is really just drama in an adventure setting. and that's what I like best

Old Post 10-19-2000 07:52 AM
exodus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for exodus Click here to Send exodus a Private Message Find more posts by exodus Add exodus to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
exodus
Fluffy Bunny

also, anyone who says voltron isn't anime can not only blow you, but enjoy being wrong hehe.

anime is simply animation from japan

Old Post 10-19-2000 07:53 AM
Thimbles worth of opinion
Symetrically challenged

Evangelions haunts me.
Oh My Goddess is cute.
Sakura Diaries is my new obsession.
Fushigi Yugi
Cowboy Bebop
3x3 eyes (Although the ending sucks)
El Hazzard The lost world

And the chief among chief! GOLDEN BOY!
(It's sooo educational!)
These are all very highly recommended personally.

The anime I'd like to see?
Legend of the Overfiend 20: Showdown of the Pocket Monsters

Old Post 10-19-2000 08:16 AM
Thimbles worth of opinion is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thimbles worth of opinion Click here to Send Thimbles worth of opinion a Private Message Find more posts by Thimbles worth of opinion Add Thimbles worth of opinion to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Leroy Binks
Retired Handle

Voltron and G-Force are too anime! They look like anime! They smell like anime! They even had japaneese roots like anime! Don't make my dick any sadder! I wanna get blown and you can start!

------------------
Curry powder is not an acceptable substitue for baby powder.

Old Post 10-19-2000 08:19 AM
Leroy Binks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Leroy Binks Click here to Send Leroy Binks a Private Message Visit Leroy Binks's homepage! Find more posts by Leroy Binks Add Leroy Binks to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thimbles worth of opinion
Symetrically challenged

I used to play Gforce as a kid. Zip around the house in Phoeinx mode kicking ass.
And then I'd fire the wave motion gun and POWWIE! all dead.
Wave motion guns rule.

Old Post 10-19-2000 08:39 AM
Thimbles worth of opinion is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thimbles worth of opinion Click here to Send Thimbles worth of opinion a Private Message Find more posts by Thimbles worth of opinion Add Thimbles worth of opinion to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spaceboy
Oblivious poster.

evangelion changed my life.
ah my goddess made me smile.
ninja scroll made my adrenaline rush.
pokemon made me puke.

Old Post 10-19-2000 09:47 AM
Spaceboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Spaceboy Click here to Send Spaceboy a Private Message Find more posts by Spaceboy Add Spaceboy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spaceboy
Oblivious poster.

oh, and Gundam Wing made me bored.

Old Post 10-19-2000 09:48 AM
Spaceboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Spaceboy Click here to Send Spaceboy a Private Message Find more posts by Spaceboy Add Spaceboy to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
exodus
Fluffy Bunny

yeh, goldenboy is perdy damn good. I've got the box set...

but you two there;thimble and spaceboy: check out escaflowne.

I'll name some other favorites of mine:
blue seed
evangelion
bastard
cutie honey
mononoke hime
and yeh tonari no totoro is kickass though it's a kid's movie
wings of honneamise
akira (classic...duh)

Old Post 10-19-2000 05:50 PM
exodus
Fluffy Bunny

posting where???

do you mean you're going to put the series up???

if so, could you put lain back up on tuesday or wednesday...or wait till then or something? kuz then I'll be on a lan connection and can get it...please PLEASE please do that ^_^

kuz I still haven't seen it

I'm posting in between escaflowne episodes (my second...or is it third time through). I'm just about at the lame part with the "it's your wishes that make things come true"

damn...why does it have to have that little dark spot

Old Post 10-19-2000 08:24 PM
Chantrea
defected

Yeah, I'm going to put the series up. I've been lazy, but I am trying to review an anime series (or two) every week. I put all episodes I have on my website or FTP and link them in the review.

I can do Escaflowne first though, then will do Lain next week. That's not a big deal.

Old Post 10-19-2000 08:28 PM
Chantrea is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chantrea Click here to Send Chantrea a Private Message Find more posts by Chantrea Add Chantrea to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
exodus
Fluffy Bunny

Arrow

thank you madame

most heartily appreciated

all I've seen is the intro to lain and I thought it was faaaaaaantastic. so I've got to see it.

have you gotten ahold of blue sub # 6 yet? that looks pretty damn good as well. I've yet to see it

[This message has been edited by exodus (edited 10-19-2000).]

Old Post 10-19-2000 09:34 PM
Chantrea
defected

I am not a sir! I forgive you though. Lain is a great series. I absolutely love the art. My page is decorated with pictures from the series. Very strange plot, but still a great series.

I've seen the first episode of Blue Submarine #6, it's very good. Trying to get my grubby little hands on more. Anyways, I'll post Escaflowne tonight, along with my review on it. Moo.

Old Post 10-19-2000 09:47 PM
Chantrea is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chantrea Click here to Send Chantrea a Private Message Find more posts by Chantrea Add Chantrea to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J E B Stuart
Administrator

Ol' Exodus, Esq.! I regret to inform you that plantation is toast, thanks to General Sherman. I now reside with that jackass Wonderaz at Evening Shade Resthome. Come on down! If you're lucky, Nurse Crumby'll give ya a nice long sponge bath after chow. Amen.

Old Post 10-19-2000 09:53 PM
J E B Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J E B Stuart Click here to Send J E B Stuart a Private Message Visit J E B Stuart's homepage! Find more posts by J E B Stuart Add J E B Stuart to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
exodus
Fluffy Bunny

yeh, I know all of these things now that I've been to your homepage...

shitsurei shimashita

I saw the blue sub preview before spriggan...I usually don't go in for too much use of cg, but I've been warming up to it.

lain looks purdy, that's all I knows. I'm looking for my next escaflowne or blue seed

emotional anime is the shiggity shit

Old Post 10-19-2000 09:55 PM
JoeyCat
Felis Dominatus

quote:
Originally posted by J E B Stuart:
Ol' Exodus, Esq.! I regret to inform you that plantation is toast, thanks to General Sherman. I now reside with that jackass Wonderaz at Evening Shade Resthome. Come on down! If you're lucky, Nurse Crumby'll give ya a nice long sponge bath after chow. Amen.
Don't listen to him Exodus. JEB, in his ever forgetful state, forgot to tell you that Nurse Crumby is an old battle axe. JEB just wants you to take the heat off of him for a while.

Old Post 10-19-2000 09:57 PM
JoeyCat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JoeyCat Click here to Send JoeyCat a Private Message Find more posts by JoeyCat Add JoeyCat to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chantrea
defected

I was just teasing ya. Lain is pretty, and screwed up. So it appeals to everyone. I don't think I've run into anyone who didn't like it.

Emotional anime IS the shit, BUT!! I also love the goofy anime. It all depends on your mood I think. Card Captor Sakura, Hand Maid May, & Love Hina are great goofy shows. I'm biased, I love nearly all anime.

Old Post 10-19-2000 10:00 PM
exodus
Fluffy Bunny

foul varlet! how dare he strike down your livelyhood! I do declare, the south shall rise again!

eh...in spite of my being a northerner

ole battleaxe or not, if she gives me a sponge bath while I down my white lightening (so it angries up the blood, who's gonna complain?), I am quite there.

Old Post 10-19-2000 10:03 PM
exodus
Fluffy Bunny

Arrow

hey don't get me wrong, I totally agree!

bastard, golden boy, ping pong club,ruin explorers, I like the goofy shit. but I guess I like a little edge to it heh.

most anime have a little comic releif in em anyway...just like shakespeare would have wanted.

unfortunately, I've still never seen card captor sakura, nor the other two you mentioned. *sigh*

I've slacked in my anime duties in the last year

Old Post 10-19-2000 10:07 PM
Roshigoth
The Cheesemeister

Ooh.. anime!

Lets see.. aside from Voltron, which when I saw it I'd never heard of anime..
The first anime I ever saw was Vampire Hunter D.. still love that movie.
Then I saw a couple A-Ko (sp?) ones on Scifi.. along with some tank police one whose name I never caught...
Next up was Akira. That movie just blew me away.
I rented a couple anime videos.. they didn't really have enough of an impression that I remembered their names..
Then came Ghost in the Shell.. that totally rocked...
Then I started watching Toonami, w/ DBZ and Gundam Wing.. (yeah, i know, but it's what was available..)
Somewhere this summer I saw parts of a couple anime movies.. can't remember exact names, but I think one was Perfect Blue..
Then came Tenchi. I liked Tenchi. But I don't watch TV anymore... Chantrea, do you have any Tenchi?
Then there's some of the stuff Chantrea's posted. Damn, I wish I could get my media player to play .asfs. FUCK MICROSOFT!

I think that almost covers it.. oh, wait.. a couple videos I've gotten as gifts.. didn't really make much impression on me.. one's called Burn Up and another's called Ogre Slayer.

Ok, I think that covers it.

------------------
Graphic Cheeseworks.
Come sail the seas of cheese!

Old Post 10-19-2000 11:39 PM
Roshigoth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roshigoth Click here to Send Roshigoth a Private Message Find more posts by Roshigoth Add Roshigoth to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
exodus
Fluffy Bunny

Arrow

ah....I'm just a big softy after all...

just finished escaflowne...I always want them to be together in the end *sniff*

[100]

sayoonara, minnasan
tanoshimi dattara...

Old Post 10-20-2000 05:46 AM
Chantrea
defected

What's anime?

My favorites are Serial Experiment Lain, Revolutionary Girl Utena, & Vampire Princess Miyu.

I'll be posting Lain tomorrow for everyone, and a few days later Escaflowne. So anyone who has not yet seen Escaflowne, you will get your chance (subtitled, of course!).

Old Post 10-20-2000 06:03 AM
Freelance
Cuddly Puppy

I watch bits of Evangelion every day, and I think after a few months of doing so, I am just starting to understand the message behind it. Man oh man is that anime ever a head-trip. . .

Golden Boy is cool too. . . "Study!"

------------------
Anger=Red

"Every evening I died and every evening I was born again. Resurrected."

Old Post 10-20-2000 06:13 AM
Freelance is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Freelance Click here to Send Freelance a Private Message Find more posts by Freelance Add Freelance to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote