The Asylum   Search Private Messages Options Blogs Images Chat Cam Portals Calendar FAQ's Join  
Asylum Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 Asylum Forums > Sensory Overload > What metal are you listening to revisted...
Pages (14): « First ... « 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread [new thread]    [post reply]
Dingle
Gay for Mugtoe

quote:
Originally posted by Coincidence
No problem, I am in the minority in really liking that album.

But funeral doom it isn't.

I don't know, I'm not much of a genre purist and I don't know the subtleties of the many closely related genres but I'm sure it's some variation of doom. Too much of that slow, dark, droning affects my mood and makes me feel like someone died and I'd like to join them. Now that I think about it almost all of my favorite music combines distinct styles like melodic death metal, folk metal, industrial metal, etc. Then of course one of your favorites, rap rock.

Anyways, I listened to the "A Dracula" album yesterday and I liked it enough that I didn't mind listening to the entire album again today. As I listen to "Raped by the Serpent" right now for the 4th time I admit that it has grown on me (and it's not quite as doomy as I first thought). I listened to their album "Pareidolia" as well, only 4 songs but it didn't suck, I really liked the song "Lament Code".

Some of it will go on a playlist, but it's still not my favorite style. I can't agree with you that it's one of the best female vox albums of the year, but on that subject are you familiar with the Karyn Crisis album "Salem's Wounds" that I linked above? I've been listening to it for a few weeks, and of course tis all opinion, but this album would get my vote for vagina vox '15. I wonder what you think of the album if anything, it may not be in your wheelhouse but I don't really know, based on the music you post here I can see you going either way on it.

Last edited by Dingle on 12-27-2015 at 08:32 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-27-2015 08:10 PM
Dingle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dingle Click here to Send Dingle a Private Message Find more posts by Dingle Add Dingle to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coincidence
Counterfeit

Thanks a lot for making the effort. That means a lot.

Karyn Crisis sounds great. I wish I could find her lyrics somewhere.
I'm growing really tired of the 'It's all terrible' variations in so many bands, but hers seem more powerful. In fact a girl vocalist usually means more uplifting words, even if they are about being impregnated by demons.

The album I've heard by far the most this year is Disillusion - Back to Times of Splendor. I'm so happy to have found that masterpiece at last.

Followed by A Forest Of Stars - Beware The Sword You Cannot See. This album is cramped with so many genres. So of course a woman also sings here and there.

Old Post 12-28-2015 10:28 AM
Coincidence is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coincidence Click here to Send Coincidence a Private Message Visit Coincidence's homepage! Find more posts by Coincidence Add Coincidence to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dingle
Gay for Mugtoe

So way back in the 80's these Svedish lads started a band and called themselves Tiamat. Apparently, for decades they have been the center of an international conspiracy to keep themselves a secret from America. Now it's 30 years and 10 studio albums later and despite the fact that they are absolutely fucking amazing I still haven't heard a hint or whistle or an asshair about this band. I'm about 60 tracks deep into their catalog this weekend and I don't even have the words to emphasize how much I love this band.

Old Post 01-03-2016 10:39 PM
Dingle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dingle Click here to Send Dingle a Private Message Find more posts by Dingle Add Dingle to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skalie
Locksmith of Lurve

Did the US get "Type O Negative" ?

Old Post 01-03-2016 10:56 PM
skalie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skalie Click here to Send skalie a Private Message Find more posts by skalie Add skalie to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coincidence
Counterfeit

More woman vox. You wouldn't know though.

Old Post 01-04-2016 05:56 PM
Coincidence is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coincidence Click here to Send Coincidence a Private Message Visit Coincidence's homepage! Find more posts by Coincidence Add Coincidence to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dingle
Gay for Mugtoe

quote:
Originally posted by skalie
Did the US get "Type O Negative" ?

Yeah I love Typo, I'm pretty sure they're from the US (or at least i've always assumed so). They're still kind of underground, but far from unknown because the music industry overlords have deemed a couple of their songs radio friendly enough to play over and over and over. Well at least a couple of their best songs get some radio play, right? Oh no it doesn't work that way over here. You'll never hear Black No. 1 or Love You to Death, you are only allowed to hear their bad covers of terrible songs, fucking Summer Breeze and Cinnamon Girl, nothing else ever.

They do that shit to so many bands. Jane's Addiction comes to mind immediately because it pisses me off so much. The Nothing Shocking and Ritual de lo Habitual albums are fucking masterpieces, which means they are radio kryptonite, except each album did contain a stinker, two terrible songs were annoying enough that they were permanently injected into the national radio rotation where they have remained for decades. Of course the two "hit" songs are Jane Says and Been Caught Stealing. It makes no fucking sense.

Popular "metal" bands like Avenged Sevenfold, All That Remains, Bullet For My Valentine, etc. originally put out some fucking badass, heavy albums but then some label took notice and applied the pop music formula which is carefully crafted to empty the wallets of screaming idiots (not that I hate the newer A7F/ATR/B4MV but it's nothing like what it once was). Fuck the corporate labels and their "radio friendly" disease, and thank Odin for the treatment, the internet.

/rant

Last edited by Dingle on 01-05-2016 at 08:12 AM

Old Post 01-05-2016 03:28 AM
Coincidence
Counterfeit

Wasn't My Girlfriend's Girlfriend a thing? Probably a naive question, but it was pretty big on MTV for a week or so.
And yeah, they were a Brooklyn band.

Old Post 01-05-2016 12:37 PM
Dingle
Gay for Mugtoe

I don't know, I don't remember it, but at that time I was a tight, hairless lil' thang fresh out of high school, bright-eyed and broke-ass and paying for cable TV wasn't in the budget. 1993 was the last year I lived with my parents, and I think that was probably the last time I ever sat down and watched MTV, so you could be right.

Old Post 01-05-2016 02:59 PM
Coincidence
Counterfeit

So hot.

Old Post 01-06-2016 12:36 AM
theMAC
lone gunman for the govt

Old Post 01-06-2016 03:31 AM
theMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for theMAC Click here to Send theMAC a Private Message Find more posts by theMAC Add theMAC to your buddy list [P] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coincidence
Counterfeit

Sweet outro begins at 3:05.

Old Post 01-10-2016 03:18 PM
Coincidence
Counterfeit

One of the best from the album that everybody loves.

Old Post 06-05-2016 05:48 PM
Dingle
Gay for Mugtoe

I've been listening to these Finnish fags called Before the Dawn off and on for about the last year, they're fucking great.

Here's a new one that I'm digging:

Old Post 07-10-2016 03:11 AM
Coincidence
Counterfeit

Old Post 12-22-2017 01:32 PM